RPG: The Time-Turner [Suspended]

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 16 March 2008 10:14:40am

John was left far behind, and he had now completely lost sight of Tancred as he rounded a corner. He realised that he had the necklace around his neck. Fingering it curiously, he wondered how he could use it. He flipped the hourglass pendant around on its head and back again.

Five hundred metres from where he had been standing moments before, he was leaning against a tree next to Linda's old home.

"Pssst!" he signalled to Tancred. Red's eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby choki » Sunday 16 March 2008 1:13:26pm

"You cannot catch me!" The 5-year-old girl shouted cheekily at her playmate.
"Wait up... it is unfair, you tricked me in the first place!" The boy answered back in defiance. The two continued their teasing and chasing all through the noon.

The young boy burst into tears while the girl stood in front, protecting him from a ferocious looking dog.
"Go away, or I'll bite you!" The girl said angrily and bare her teeth at the dog. The dog growled even louder. Grabbing the boy's hand, she quickly turned around and started running off.

"So which house you think you will be sorted into?" asked the taller girl, while they were waiting in the entrance of the Great Hall before the start of the sorting ceremony.
The boy just shrugged his shoulder, and remained nervous.
"Well, it is certain not Gryffindor because you are still scared of dogs," she taunted cheekily.

"Oh god... you' re bleeding," the girl cried out anxiously. She fumbled with the boxes of healing potions and quickly applied the blue-coloured potion on the injured Gryffindor chaser who had been knocked off his broom during a midair collision with a Slytherin.
"Foolish, you don't have to try so hard,' said the girl.
"I said before..." the boy struggled with his words, "I will... win the cup..."...for you . Before he could finish his sentence, he was knocked out cold.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby choki » Sunday 16 March 2008 2:01:33pm

"I...er... Can you...be...be..." the young man stuttered. There was a long pause. He had practiced in front of the mirror a couple of times today and yet, he failed.
"Huh? What is wrong with you today?" the young lady eyed him, full of curious.
"Oh, you know...that... Yule Ball thing?"
"Ya?"
"I...er...wanted...to...er..."
"Alright!"
"Uh?"
"I'll be your dance partner. I figured out you will end up with no partner since you are sooooo unpopular with girls." The young lady wheeled around, hiding her grin, while he stood like a statue with his mouth gaping, in disbelief. The bunch of female students who was following the young man all day long had lost their hopes when they overheard the conversation.

"Congratulations! Heard you will be going to the Ministry," the lady extended her hand.
"It's nothing, really. But thanks." He held her hand for a handshake.
"You'll be a real busy man in the future!"

"Congratulations..." the man said, with a tinge of sadness.
"Thanks..." the lady in white replied, with an equal sadness in her voice.
"Oh Juvenis! Thank you for coming to our wedding," said a man standing next to the lady. "You're Daone's best friend, she must be happy you're here today! Heard you was ill for a couple of weeks ago. Thank god you've recovered in time for our wedding today."

"Why him..."
"It's too late"
"Why him..."
"The elders had already arranged the date"
"You're not answering me"
"I came to give you the wedding invitation"
"Why is it HIM and not ME!?"
"You're never there for me! You are always too busy... too slow... too foolish... and too late"

"When we grow up, do you think we can still play together like now," asked the little girl.
"Why not," answered the little boy innocently, "we will be like my papa and mama and your papa and mama."
"Juvenis... there's something on your face," said the little girl.
"Where?"
"On your whole face," the girl said while rubbing her hand full of mud on the boy's face. She then quickly stood up and ran off in the opposite direction.
"Daone!!!"
"You cannot catch me!" The 5-year-old girl shouted cheekily at her playmate.
"Wait up... it is unfair, you tricked me in the first place!" The boy answered back in defiance. The two continued their teasing and chasing all through the noon.
choki

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Thursday 20 March 2008 5:06:55pm

"How'd you get here?" Tancred asked in a harsh whisper.
John simply pointed to the chain still around his neck. Sarah's scream reached them. They spun around and peered out from behind the tree. Tancred blanched.
"I believe it now." Tanc said solemnly. "We have to think of what to do. Correction. I[/i] have to think of what to do. You're my best-friend and they're is no way I'm letting you get involved in you state. You keep watch."
Red slowly made his way over to the gate reaching for his pocket-knife. He flipped it open. Took a running start and jumped over the low fence and joined the fray; ignoring John's urgent protests as he attempted to follow.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 28 March 2008 8:21:39am

"Waait," John called, but stopped as he realised that it was hopeless, and he would probably be more of a liability. Though perhaps he could use the time-turner to give him some time to move to his desired location, as he had done beforehand.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Friday 28 March 2008 8:30:13pm

The world was spinning, she couldn't move a muscle. Linda heard her young self screaming for her mum, light was shooting everywhere, Linda was vanishing, fading, disappearing, gone.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 30 March 2008 9:26:55am

John heard a scream. That was enough. He whipped out the hourglass, and took some time moving around the house.

Behind a bush, he called out to Linda to dodge the beam of light, but she was too late. And now Sarah was probably going to meet the same fate. He hoped Linda was alive. He had the time necklace though, which could be helpful if worst came to worst.

Sarah attempted to drag the body over, but was prevented by the man. Luckily, they didn't know he was there. Stealthily, he reached over and pulled Linda behind the bush. She was still breathing, thankfully. But now Sarah was at the mercy of the man.

Hopefully Tancred would arrive on the scene soon.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby DucksRMagical » Sunday 30 March 2008 7:05:05pm

Sarah let out a scream as a hand appeared from the nearby bush and pulled the unconscious Linda into it. She glanced quickly over her shoulder and saw John's face barely hidden amongst the shrubbery. She was immediately relieved. Linda was ok for now, she was hidden. But Sarah didn't have time to think about it because the man was now standing over her, pointing his wooden stick at her face.

Sarah instinctively kicked at the stick and her foot made contact with it with a noisy snap. Sarah smiled as the man looked at his broken stick with a confused look on his face. Sarah wasted no time and aimed a punch at his face. The man was much larger than Sarah was, but since he was still staring dumbfounded at his broken wand, Sarah managed to break his nose. He dropped his useless wand and wailed as he covered his face with his hands.

Unfortunately, one of the other cloaked men looked over at the wailing and noticed Sarah. He ran over to Sarah and pointed his own wooden stick at her face. With a swift motion of hit and a muttered word that Sarah could not understand, a jet of light hit her square in the chest. She felt as if the breath had been knocked out of her as she collapsed on the ground.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 30 March 2008 8:08:24pm

Linda struggled to regain consiousness. She was in a cold room with a damp floor. How did she get there? Linda sat up. Her clothes were covered in mud and grime. Eww. A door opened, and a hooded man walked in. Linda scrambled to her feet and took a defensive karate stance. But the man just thrust some clean clothes and a bundle of food into her arms. Then he walked out and shut the door, leaving Linda in darkness. How could she possibly move in this black? No sooner had she thought this when a soft blue light hit the walls. Linda looked down to find it was coming from a white stone on her necklace. Her mother had given it to her shortly before she disappeared. How was her mother connected to all this? It didn't make sense. Linda took a closer look at the clothes. They seemed to be robes of some sort. Linda slipped them on. They were warm and clean, much more comfortable than her muddy jeans. She leaned against the wall, wondewring what to do, when she fell through it. A secret passageway. Cool. Linda stepped through it and came out into a disgustingly slimey tunnel. Yeck. Surely whoever lived here could afford some sort of soap? The wall closed silently behind her. Linda walked forward. No point in staying in that room.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Tuesday 1 April 2008 8:07:32am

"Sarah!" he cried out, not thinking.

One of the men whipped his head around and raised one of his eyebrows.

"Now, who do we have here?"

"I could say the same to you."

"Step aside, muggle."

"What did you call me?"

"Get out of the way." He raised his wand. The man was looking over at the collapsed Linda, by the bush. He wanted her, for some reason.

"I will not."

"You will step aside, or be pushed."

John frowned at him.

"I will not."

Then another hooded man appeared from behind the house.

"Who's this?" he asked his comrade.

"Just a muggle. No one interesting."

"Oh? Kill him."

"Yes, sir."

John looked for an escape route, but could find none that he could take, especially not in his current condition. But if he stood his ground to protect Linda, he would be killed. If he fled, Linda and Sarah would be captured.

But at least they would have more of a chance of rescue if he was alive...

The last thing he saw before twisting the hourglass in his hands was a bright flash of green light coming his way. Then the world began to spin once more.

Linda and Sarah were lost.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Wednesday 2 April 2008 2:00:04am

Linda crept throught the twisting tunnels, searching, searching...... crack. She hit her head. The tunnel had ended. Linda was suddenly fearful. What if this was a trap? Maybe even now hooded figures were skulking toward her waiting to strike! She pushed at the wall. Crack! It split, just enough for her to creep through the crack it made. Linda crept on.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby choki » Thursday 3 April 2008 9:08:00am

The sun was mild and the wind were blowing gently across the grassy field. A lone man laid down beneath a tree that stood tall amongst the knee length grass. The insects' buzzing, birds chirping, and the very sound of life surrounding him was a peaceful serenade. Then, a distant and a sound that should not be present in the vinicity interrupted.

He could not be wrong, that was a sound of a killing curse being casted. Juvenis quickly straightened up and listened attentively for the source. Something was happening in the east. Without further ado, he casted an invisibility spell on himself and disapparated.
choki

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 4 April 2008 3:47:15am

John and Tancred stood in front of an empty house. There were no signs of life. Sarah and Linda had disappeared, as had the hooded magicians. Tancred had heard a loud crack.

What could they do? They needed a sign.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Sunday 6 April 2008 10:17:55pm

Tancred swallowed.
"John," he said, "John. I think I might have killed a man back there."
John turned around and saw tears glistenibg in his friends eyes.
"Tanc held up his knife. The blade was stained a rusty-red color. As the boys looked a drop of blood fell from it onto the grass staining it a darker shade than teh surrounding leaves.
"I couldn't help it. He would have done you in with thta stick of his. His back was to me. I had to do it. Jjohn, I--, I think I'm a murderer. I;m going to Hell." The hollowness of his voice scared him more than the thought or the words thenselves.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Monday 7 April 2008 7:07:17am

"You're not. You had to do what you had to do. We both did. But what's going on, Tanc. What's going on? This is all crazy. Linda and Sarah are gone, and we can't do anything."
Phoenix in the Ashes

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area