Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 19 April 2009 3:56:38pm

Geneve followed Nikolaus with a surge of second wind. She felt energised in spite of what little sleep she had, and on a staircase at that. Nikolaus hurried in front of her, and then, after about ten minutes, he stopped and turned. He looked behind Geneve, and then around them again before kneeling down to talk to her.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 19 April 2009 5:10:42pm

Valencia didn't even try to sleep that night. She fretted and paced, replaying the night's events through her mind, trying to figure out a way it could have gone right. What was she going to do? She had no idea how to act around Nikolaus now. But you'd better act like you do, she thought to herself, Be strong, and act like you don't care. But she did care. Her mind flew in circles, her eyes darting this way and that, but seeing nothing but Nikolaus's face beneath the stars. Then dawn came, and Valencia snapped back into the world of the living with a start. Just act normal, she told herself again and again as she tidied herself up in preparation for the day, He's probably just as upset as you are. Taking two deep breaths, Valencia walked out of her office. Luckily, no one was around. Valencia began to feel better and more calm as she made her way to the Great Hall for breakfast. Until she saw Nikolaus and Geneve up ahead, talking quietly. She couldn't quite hear what they were saying, but certain phrases such as, "Dark Arts" stuck out clearly. It's none of your business, Valencia insisted to herself, There's nothing between you, so this is not of your concern. It's between Galena and Nikolaus. Their problem, not yours. And so she swept past them, her face serenely calm even as Nikolaus stumbled at the sight of her. None of your business.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby choki » Monday 20 April 2009 3:36:07pm

The timing could not be more perfect. Nikolaus wasn't ready to face her and was already prepared to give a miss to the breakfast and yet, she had to appear in front of him at an inconvenience timing. As he expected, Valencia simply walked away without any eye contact. He remained still until he felt a tugging at his sleeve.

"Is there something wrong between you and Prof Marcellus?" Geneve asked nervously, not wanting to sound like she was infiltrating the couple's privacy.
"Long story," Nikolaus sighed, "but that is not the point..." He looked around cautiously. The day would be starting soon. There could be more students or teachers, or worse, Damien coming along their way.
"Alright, it will be a little ticklish, but at least this charm will keep us under wrap," Nikolaus said as he whipped out his wand and gently tapped on Geneve's head, followed by his own, performing the disillusionment charm. Geneve was initially hysterical when she saw Nikolaus slowly disappearing, until she felt a hand grabbing hers.
"Don't worry, I'm still around. It is just a blending spell. Makes us blend to the surrounding like a chameleon. Stick close to me." Nikolaus whispered to her ears as he guided her across the castle.
"Remember the way... it could be a bit confusing but I trust that you can remember it."

It did not took them very long before Nikolaus found himself in the corridor he had been the day before. Geneve gave a startled gasp when Nikolaus begun to materialise in front of her. Just like previously, the charm immediately lost its effectiveness when they stepped into the deeper region.
"An incredible magic barrier lies within its depth... I wonder how much secret does Hogwarts hold... The whole corridor is a magic restriction area. No magic can be performed within its boundary."
"Then how are we gonna practise here?" Geneve asked.
"There is a secret room which counteracts the magic barrier, it was probably conjured by one of the greatest wizards ever to have walked on Earth, and that gives us the perfect location... No amount of magic, dark or not, will be able to penetrate through the magic barrier in this part of the castle. Meaning, none of what we are gonna practice will be detected or has the chance to affect Hogwarts. A perfect venue!"
Together, they proceeded to the room which Nikolaus had named it, Dumbledore's hideout.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 20 April 2009 4:06:56pm

Geneve stepped into the room and immediately noticed the elaborate mirror. It was beautiful, so she approached it to take a closer look. As she approached she saw someone else in the room with her who was not Nikolaus at all. She turned around suddenly, but only Nikolaus stood there, alone. She looked from him to the mirror and back, and then searched his eyes, confused. Nikolaus urged her to go closer. Geneve took out her wand and approached the mirror, watching herself and the strange man behind her. She stood very still, and the man approached. He wore a cloak with a hood; Geneve could not see his face. She spoke out loud. "Grandfather." The man lifted his head and removed the hood. Soft, black hair surrounded his pale but handsome face. He smiled at her, and placed his hand on her shoulder. He looked young enough to be her teenaged brother, not her grandfather, but this was Tom Riddle, of that she was certain. Suddenly he wrapped both of his arms around her shoulders and held her, pressing his cheek against hers. He closed his eyes. His embrace was affectionate. She shrugged him off, and he backed away, standing behind her in the reflection. He looked angry now. He took out his wand and assumed a dueling position. Geneve felt her heart jump, but she mimiced his stance, attempting to fight him. A green light flashed, and Geneve hit the floor. She stared up at the roof, stunned that she had fallen. She sat up, looking into the mirror again. Tom Riddle was lying on the floor. When Geneve stood up, she was surprised by her reflection; she was older, her hair longer and down. She wore a purple cloak and a white shirt with blue jeans. On her cloak was a symbol. "Auror" she read.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby choki » Monday 20 April 2009 4:37:03pm

Nikolaus was taken aback when Geneve abruptly fell in front of the mirror. He rushed to her aid but stopped halfway when Geneve sat up and stared straight, looking enthralled into the mirror and then breaking out into a wide grin.
Was there something in the mirror? He remembered there was nothing much about the mirror and it was all dusty and moldy. When Geneve first saw the mirror, he thought the elaborate design of the mirror was what drawn the girl in the first place, after all, girls and their affairs with mirror was something the guy would never understand.
"Nikolaus, come see this! I'm staring straight into my future!" Geneve exclaimed with euphoria. Puzzled, he edged nearer to the mirror.
"Oh just hurry up!" Geneve gave him a final pull and both of them stood in front of the grand mirror.
"Look, I'm an Auror!" She laughed joyfully while prancing around in circles. She looked up at Nikolaus who was now staring transfixed into the mirror. Curious, she looked into the mirror, but there was no sight of Nikolaus in the reflection. Then it dawned upon her that only she herself can see her own future.
"So what is in your future?" She asked, excited to know what did Nikolaus saw. But all she got was silence. "Nikolaus?"

A mid aged man whose face was so infamously recognisable in his part of the magical world was staring straight back at him on the left side of his reflection. And on the right side, stood another yet so familiar person carrying a little child in her arms smiling gently at him.
choki

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 2 May 2009 1:47:18pm

Geneve saw the colour leave Nikolaus's face. He stood unnaturally still. Geneve grabbed his cloak and tugged on it. "What is it, what do you see?" Nikolaus did not rspond. She tried hitting his arm. "Say something! Nikolaus?!" Geneve stepped back, looking from the mirror to Nikolaus, his eyes transfixed on whatever was happening in the mirror. His hands were clenched, his expression was confused, paniced and intrigued all at once. What was she going to do? She reached up and waved her hand in front of his face. Nothing. Geneve took her wand out and looked around the room. Maybe a loud noise would distract him enough to look away. This mirror must be dark magic, to hold someone so completely.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby choki » Saturday 2 May 2009 3:32:05pm

"No.... no way..." Nikolaus tried to mumble but nothing came out from his mouth.
On his left, the infamous Dark Wizard, Grindelwald, branished a wand menacingly with a hostile stare.
On his right, stood a blissful Valencia who was singing a lullaby to her child in her arms, oblivious to the impending doom.
Grindelwald raised his arms in an elaborate slow movement as if he was enjoying the requiem of death. Ultimately, his wand pointed towards the mirror and his left palm pressing against his chest. The long sleeve of his left arm slide down slowly, revealing a long gash across its length.

"A-VA-DA...KE-DA" The hostile figure mouthed the words excruciatingly slow.
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Nikolaus screamed out. Then came a flash of green and a loud glass shattering sound.
"Nikolaus! Nikolaus! Are you ok?" A scared voice called out to him.
Nikolaus found himself seated on the ground, covered with glass fragments while Geneve was in a fluster. She quickly placed down the porcelain vase she intended to break in order to distract Nikolaus from the mirror, but before she was able to do that, the mirror had shattered by itself. Nikolaus stared blankly at the remnant of the mirror. Gone was a huge portion of the right side mirror.
"Oh god, your arm is bleeding!" Geneve trembled in fear. Nikolaus looked down at his own arm. A huge shard laid embedded deeply into his flesh, presumably his arm acted in an instinct reflex to shield himself from the blast. He proceeded to pull out the offending shard with his right arm. The long gash bled profusely. Nikolaus froze at this instance. Seeing how shocked Nikolaus was, Geneve quickly tore part of her own robe and pressed it against the wound.
"Are you alright? You are scaring me!" Geneve cried out as she felt the growing dampness of cloth, "Say something... anything!"
choki

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 2 May 2009 4:10:55pm

The smell of blood set Geneve's head spinning. There was so much of it; the cut on Nikolaus' arm was deep and in an artery. "We have to get you.. to the infirmary...." Geneve stared at the the blood soaked bit of cloak. Blood was coming through onto her hand. Nikolaus was ranting. "It was me.. It was me...." She tried to help him up but he shrugged her off. Geneve backed away, her hands crimson and shaking. She looked around the room frantically. Then she swept around and crouched down in front of him. "Nikolaus you will die if you don't move NOW!" She slapped him. "Valencia!" he yelled, and grabbed Geneve by the shoulders and shook her. His look was a thousand miles away. He held on tight enough for Geneve to stand up and bring him with her. "Come on!" she yelled. She supported him as best she could and they made for the door. Luckily, he did not resist. The glass from the ancient mirror crunched under their feet. She took one last look behind her at the frame of the mirror before opening the door and ushering Nikolaus out of the room.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby choki » Saturday 2 May 2009 4:32:02pm

Geneve held his bleeding arm tightly as she led Nikolaus towards the infirmary. The morning sun was already rising steadily. There will be tons of students heading to the Great Hall soon.
"Scourgify!" She casted, cleaning up the blood stains on the ground as she hurried her footsteps dragging the unresponsive Nikolaus.
choki

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 2 May 2009 4:45:17pm

Geneve struggled to keep Nikolaus moving. He was starting to sway, and Geneve nearly fell over. Then he fell against the wall, and collapsed to the floor, his face flat to the stone.
"No, no, no Nikolaus get up!" Geneve hissed. She tried to pull him up. She looked around. Sure enough, students were coming toward them, and some behind them too. A few of them stopped, and started to talk to each other, pointing at her and Nikolaus. She thought of any other spell that could help them, but found nothing in her mind. So put her hands on Nikolaus, and he felt so still. Her heart ached with terror.
"Help!!!" She called out.
"what 's happened?!" Geneve nearly fainted at the sound of this voice. She looked behind her. Liam stared back down at her with his beautiful eyes. His look was serious, and almost furious.
"Please..." Geneve started to cry. "Liam, he's dying! What will I do?" Geneve put her hands up and reached for Liam. She forgot that they were stained with blood. Liam gasped and backed away.
"WHat have you done?" he whispered.
"No..." Geneve started. "No.. he.. it was the mirror.. so much glass.. he is cut.. look!!" She pulled at Nikolaus but he wouldn't move. She stood up, feeling dizzier by the second. THen she thought of something.
"Where is Valencia?" Geneve asked Liam. Liam was puzzled. "She's.. I think she just finished breakfast.. she might be in her office?"
"Stay with him. Please! I will be right back." and Geneve broke into a run.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 3 May 2009 9:32:02pm

Valencia sat pensively in her office, not quite thinking of anything, but letting her subconscious do the tricky thinking for her. Valencia knew she was right to do what she had done the night before. But a part of her disagreed. And it wouldn't shut up. Valencia sighed, and got up to lean on the windowsill, gazing out at the grounds. All was quiet.
Until Geneve came bursting into the room in a frenzy, talking so quickly she couldn't understand what she said.
"Geneve!" Vanlencia half-shreiked at her. "Slow down and tell me what's wrong!"
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 4 May 2009 3:15:41am

Geneve nearly collapsed in Valencias arms, but then she realised she was filthy with blood. Valencia stared at her, horrified. Geneve managed to gasp out "Nikolaus... he's ... he's been hurt."
Valencia paused. "Where?" she whispered.
"Near the library." Geneve sobbed. "Liam is with him. He won't wake up..." but before Geneve could finish Valencia swept her from the room.
"Show me." she said, her voice was cold as stone.
Valencia hurried Geneve up the stairs and down the coridors until they arrived at a rather large gathering of school cloaks. Valencia let go of Geneve and pushed through the crowd of students. Geneve could see the still form of Nikolaus and she could see Liam sitting beside him. Liam looked up to see her, and Geneve gave him a pleading look with her eyes. For the first time in what seemed to be forever, Liam gave her an affectionate smile, as if to say that everything would be alright. Geneve moved forward and joined Valencia and Liam, ready to help where she could.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 5 May 2009 1:23:26am

The old half-giant opened the door. "Damien, good ta see ya. Come in, come in." Damien sat down next to his table as Hagrid got a kettle of tea off of the fireplace. "So, he said. What bring ya here?"

Damien slouched down in his chair. "I just thought I'd need one of the few people with common sense in this building." Hagrid raised a questioning eyebrow, nodding for Damien to continue. "Well, you see, there's this new guy here from the ministry. He came after you know what happened with you know who. Hagrid nodded, he had seen the entire display from his hut.

"So?" he asked. "A ministry official came. The ministry ain't as corrupt as it once was, ya know."

Damien sighed. "If you met him, you'd know what I mean. There just seems to be something wrong with him. He isn't what he says he is. No, he's definitely not what he says he is. There is no way in heck that an auror would take the magic that Nikolaus used so lightly."

Hagrid shook his head. "Times've changed, Damien. We've 'ad 19 years o' peace. Ministry ain't as harsh."

Damien slammed his fist on the table. "What the heck do you mean 19 years of peace?! I sure haven't had a peaceful 19 years. I've been taking down scumbags by the hundreds for the past 19 years. Just recently we had that HUGE incident where a headmaster died, and even several students died. How can you say it's been peaceful?!" Damien calmed himself down. "Listen Hagrid, I know that maybe the ministry has kept quiet a lot of things, but it's been anything but peaceful. And what was Mad-Eye Moody's catch phrase?"

Hagrid looked down solemnly at the name of Mad-Eye. "Constant vigilance."

Damien Hagrid in the eye. "Listen, I'm not telling you to have Grawp-"

Hagrid's eyes went wide as he said, "You know about Grawp?!"

Damien rolled his eyes. "Yes, I know about Grawp. As I was saying. I'm not telling you to have Grawp pound him to a pulp, but be vigilant. If he does something suspicious, don't be afraid to confront him. Also, if you can, send an owl to Potter, tell him my suspicions, and tell him that if he wants to, I can travel to the ministry and speak to him face to face."

Hagrid nodded. "Damien, I will try, but you migh' be diggin' where there's nothin' to be found."

Damien shook his head. "I really don't think that Gwydion is good news."
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 8 May 2009 4:44:40pm

They had managed to get Nikolaus to the hospital, where he was lucky enough to be treated for his wounds. He had so many shards of mirrored glass in him that a special spell had to be used to pull them all out. Geneve waited with Liam outside while Nikolaus was worked on; Valencia was with him.

"So what happened, Geneve?" Liam finally blurted out, after they had sat in silence for almost an hour. Valencia had forbidden them to leave until she could speak to them.
Geneve thought very hard. She remembered that Valencia had seen her and Nikolaus together earlier, so she had to be cautious. "I was so stupid," she said, putting her face in her hands. "I had asked Nikolaus to help me with one of my charms, and of course, I completely botched it. It ricoched off the wall and completely shattered this huge mirror on the wall.... I expect the house elves have cleaned it up by now. I didnt' realise how bad it was. Amazing how human we are. How fragile. I hope he'll be alright..." she looked at Liam, who was eyeing her suspiciously. "What?" she said.
"A huge mirror? Which charm?" Liam asked.
Just then, Valencia came out of the room. Great, Geneve thought, I really need to go and break a mirror now. Valencia was of course much more familiar with where things were in the castle.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Friday 8 May 2009 8:17:50pm

Valencia stood and the side of Nikolaus's bed, confusion and strife written across her features. When she'd seen Nikolaus lying there on the floor, deathly white and scarlet with blood... It was like nothing she'd ever experienced before.... But it had to stop. She and Nikolaus were over. She wouldn't be pulled in by him ever again. She was sympathetic, was all. Just sorry he'd been hurt. Speaking of which.... How had it even happened? Valencia walked out into the corridor where she'd told Geneve and Liam to wait.
"So, what happened?" Valencia asked the two of them crisply. They opened their mouths to answer simultaneously, but Valencia cut them off before either of them could say a word. "And don't lie to me." her face turned dark. "This is serious business. If someone attacked the Professor.... Then we need to catch the attacker. So, if you value Nikolaus's safety, you'll tell me everything." Valencia's mouth pursed into a grim line, causing her to look extraordinary like the old transfiguration teacher, Professor McGonagall.
FawkesthePhoenix

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area