Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 8 August 2008 4:00:19pm

Geneve had attended yet another Potions class, but this time, with Damien as her teacher. She was glad he had not picked on her. Had he chosen her vial, his poor monkey would have turned more than green she was sure. She sighed as she walked out of the classroom, a bit early than the rest of the classes. Her fellow first years made their way down to the grounds. A commotion was happening. The group started to rush. Something was on fire!

Geneve pushed ahead and saw Nikolaus pointing his wand at the a beautiful, medium sized dragon. It was stunning. Geneve stared at it as it came toward them, spreading it's amazing wings. She reached up as it flew over top of them, feeling a strange pull from the tip of her fingers. She heard someone shouting, and as she reached up, the dragon turned a deep crimson, and there was heat forming over top of them. What had just been a play on light before, was now real fire! And the Slyterins all ducked to the ground while Geneve still reached for the Dragon. It's flames reached the trees of the forbidden forest. Geneve could not bring her hand down. Terrified, she screamed with the rest as everyone ran away from the approaching roar of fire, now tearing across the grass. Only, she could not move at all.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby choki » Friday 8 August 2008 5:23:52pm

The magnificent dragon raced across the plains as the student fled desperately. Staying composed, Nikolaus turned to the nearby water fountain and fired a spell at it. This time round, a huge translucent hippocampus emerged from the fountain and flew gracefully towards the dragon as it would behave swimming under the marine world. As it flew past the students, it rained down a stream of water, cooling their rising fears and stopping the raging fire which surrounded them.

"Do not fear, it is just an illusion!" Nikolaus lied, he knew the dragon he transfigured, no more than a stone structure itself, had been infused with dark magic. But there was no reason to frighten the alarmed students.

Secretly, he casted a huge protego shield over the students, repelling any magical fire from reaching them. Soon, the two colossal creatures clashed into each other. As with water and fire, these two was bound to fight each other. He could sense Geneve's magic was getting out of control when the dragon intensified its fiery breath. Her magic was being drawn into this dark beast like a whirlwind pulling towards its centre.

"Now, for the spectular showdown! Watch carefully kids!" he shouted out to the students, turning their focus towards the so-called illusions.

From the inside of the castle, students having Divination classes in the North tower could clearly see the epic battle. The dragon breathed out dark red scorching flames, while the hippocampus spouted a gush of clear blue water. The students standing on the field applauded loudly. With the attention of the students drawn away, he focused his magic to himself. He had to stop this precarious connection between Geneve and the dragon. With an outburst of magic and fine control, he managed to outstrip her vast magic reserve, making the magic seeking dragon tapped onto his very own magic rather than Geneve's. The dragon burst into full strength, sprouting additional horns and breathed out black flames, quickly overpowering the hippocampus. But just as suddenly as it started, the dragon started to shrink and colours changing. Nikolaus was starving the dragon of his magic. Before the dark magic imbued dragon was able to counteract, the hippocampus struck back with a swipe of its tail. At this moment, the dragon turned back into its original state - the stone unicorn, while the hippocampus dispersed and evaporated into thin air, leaving behind a cool trail.

The students, astonished by the display of magic, clapped their hands and cheered. Geneve stood, amazed by the turn of events. She looked at Nikolaus who winked. A chocolate bar then materialised in front of her. Wordings magically appeared on the chocolate bar as she took it - "Energy food to replenish loss"
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Friday 8 August 2008 5:38:36pm

Valencia was writing the homework assignment on the chalkboard when she heard the rumble. And then the roar. All the students jumped, some fearful, some simply curious. "Wait, here." Valencia told them as she hurried from the room. Naturally, everyone ignored her order and followed.
Outside was an awe-inspiring sight. Nikolaus had his wand pointed at a dragon, which was becoming more real by the minute. Geneve was standing beneath, her fingers outstretched, as if controlling it. Everyone was screaming.
With lightning fast speed, Valencia whipped out her wand, and uttered a spell. The dragon began to shrink. On any normal dragon, the spell would have simply ricocheted off the dragon's hard scales. But this dragon was the product of transfiguration, and therefore not quite so durable. Valencia could see that NIkolaus was shrinking it too, and with a burst, the dragon became a unicorn once more. Turning away from Nikolaus, Valencia shrunk the unicorn and put it in her robes. There was no telling how much magic still resided within it's stone depths.
"You, come with me. To the headmistress, now." Valencia beckoned to Nikolaus. Her expression was stone, her eyes flickered deadly like the fire that had just been extinguished. "You, too, Geneve, Professor Sprague wants to speak to you about your latest homework assignment." Without another word, Valencia turned and set off for Galena's office at a brisk pace, Nikolaus and Geneve following behind her.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby DucksRMagical » Friday 8 August 2008 7:53:09pm

"You need to wave your wand just a bit more, Mr. Valsey," Galena instructed. The third years were trying to transfigure hedgehogs into pin cushions.

Valsey nodded and waved his wand, but instead of transfiguring his hedgehog, he enlarged it. Galena sighed and with a flick of her wand, she put it right. "You'll get it soon," she assured the disappointed Slytherin.

Galena wandered around her classroom, helping various students and keeping the ones who had finished from picking fights with those of the other house.

As she was walking back to her desk, the door barged open and Valencia, Nikolaus, and Geneve came rushing in. It appeared that Valencia was pulling the other two, who looked a bit confused.

Galena raised her eyebrow, "What is it?" she asked Valencia, hoping that none of Valencia's cousins had decided to invade the castle.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby salemboy » Saturday 9 August 2008 2:10:11pm

Damien heard a roar in the middle of his class, and screams. He said, "Class dismissed," as he ran out of the classroom and up the dungeon stairs. He watched as he saw Valencia drag Nikolaus and Geneve down the great hall and up the stairs. Damien followed as the others went up the steps to Galena's office. He entered as he heard Galena say, "What is it?"

"Yes," Damien said, startling the others. "What on earth was going on out there?"
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 9 August 2008 2:32:51pm

Geneve stood by Nikolaus, a look of terror on her face. She was so upset by what had just happened, and even more confused by it. She had been completely out of control, and worse yet, she had allowed another 'talent' of hers to show through; she was able to speak to reptiles. She remembered how when she was in school in the muggle world, they had a pet gekko from Australia, and she was sure it had said 'hello' to her. she had said hello back, and the whole class had jumped when she did it. Apparently she had made a sound exactly like the gekko, and she got in big trouble for doing something so strange. She was always getting into trouble for being strange. She knew now that it was because she was a witch, but this; this was something entirely different. She had spoken to the dragon. And it seemed to be scaring her teachers because the look Valencia was giving her was too knowing. That and the traces of dark magic Nikolaus had scarred her with was starting to rear it's ugly head when she least expected it. She needed help. If it could not be removed, it needed to be controled.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby choki » Saturday 9 August 2008 2:52:56pm

"As I have said, it was just a magic show. I mean, the kids loved it. It's not an everyday thing to see a dragon. I just did a simple transfiguration." Nikolaus explained coolly.
choki

Postby salemboy » Saturday 9 August 2008 3:03:01pm

"You made a DRAGON?!!!" Damien yelled, enraged. The entire class looked up at this outburst. "Why did you make a dragon?!!! You put the lives of many students in danger!!! If the ministry here knew, they would close the school and lock you up!!! How could you jeopardize the lives of the students, and risk even more damage to the castle!!!" He was furious with Nikolaus, if it wasn't obvious yet.
salemboy

Postby choki » Saturday 9 August 2008 3:19:11pm

"Relax, dude. It's not the REAL dragon... it's just a transfiguration. It's not gonna hurt anyone." Nikolaus replied, ruffling his hair. The fact that he was making the whole issue trifling, made Valencia displeased. She was there, witnessing the incident. To call it insignificant was not the exact same thing in her mind.
choki

Postby salemboy » Saturday 9 August 2008 3:37:41pm

"It sure sounded real to me!" Damien snatched Nikolaus's wand out of his hand and said, "Priori Incantatem." First came the Hippocampus, then the protego that was protecting the students, and the transfiguring from a statue of a real, live dragon. "Oh, it's really not going to hurt anybody at all," he said sarcastically."I should have you arrested. This is the type of thing that the order wanted me to stop!!! The only reason I'm not bringing you in right now is that I'm sure you'll get grinded up by the others!!! But," He pulled Nikolaus by the scruff of the shirt. "Should I hear of you using dark magic on these grounds ever again, I will make you rot!!!"
salemboy

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Saturday 9 August 2008 5:54:39pm

"And not only did you endanger the students, make us all look foolish, and risk the closing of the school," Valencia barged in, "You transfigured a highly magical object! You're lucky it didn't kill you!" Valencia pulled out the unicorn. "Do you have any idea how badly wrong this could have gone."
"But it didn't." Nikolaus insisted, stubborn.
"But it could have!" Valencia continued in a softer tone, but the low volume only made it more deadly. "Do you think we'll let any of my cousins off just because Voldemort didn't come back? That anyone would think it was okay to do that risky magic just because something terrible didn't happen?"
"But this is different." Nikolaus stalwortly said.
"Dark magic is dangerous no matter what text it was used in!" Valencia hissed. "Even if you start out using it for good, it will destroy you in the end." Valencia turned to Galena. "We'll wait for you in your office. I'd rather we proceed when there isn't an audience present." Valencia jerked her head towards the students. "Come on." She ordered, almost dragging Nikolaus to the door leading to Galena's office.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby DucksRMagical » Saturday 9 August 2008 9:36:47pm

Galena stared as Valencia dragged Nikolaus off to her office. She was utterly confused by their conversation and was a bit annoyed that nobody was explaining what was going on in her own school. She glanced at her watched and saw that there was only ten minutes left in the class. That wasn't too much time. She could let the kids go early.

The class was staring bewildered at Galena and a few were looking curiously at Geneve.

"You're free to go," Galena told them, "Class dismissed."

Nobody moved an inch. Clearly they all wanted to know what was going on.

"I said you could leave," Galena said a bit more sternly.

Everybody scrambled up from their seats and left the room, throwing glances back at Geneve as they left.

"Come on, then," Galena said to Geneve once all the kids had left, "We'd better get this sorted out."
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby choki » Sunday 10 August 2008 5:42:06am

Nikolaus brushed off the creases formed on his shirt and hems of his robe just as Galena and Geneve entered. Valencia and Damien kept their eyes on him. His wand was still in Damien's possession.
"Why is it that everything I do, has to be associated with Dark Arts?" he asked, a bit frustrated, "Adept in Dark Arts doesn't mean I use it all the time!"
choki

Postby salemboy » Sunday 10 August 2008 10:59:00am

Damien heard that remark. "You arrogant little," Damien slammed Nikolaus into the wall, and held him up by the neck. "Who do YOU think you are? Because all I see is a careless runt who is happy to risk the lives of hundreds!" He threw Nikolaus from the wall into a desk, causing the desk to break into splinters. Then he pulled out his wand and directed it at Nikolaus's chest. "I don't want to hear any excuses, dark magic or not, a dragon is a dragon and will kill people indiscriminately."
salemboy

Postby Q.Araignee » Sunday 10 August 2008 12:21:06pm

"Ahem, I believe that's my line Nomare."

Gwydion was stood in the doorway, wand drawn and pointing directly at the interfering gentleman stood over the splintered desk and it's occupant. He knew he made a rather impressive sight but decidely ignored the fact as he approached. With his right hand he withdrew a pass and held it up for the staff standing close by.

"Gwydion MacCallum, Auror, Ministry of Magic. And as we're on UK soil, this is my situation to deal with- now, Damien is it? Would you kindly step back and lower your wand? I'd rather not have to restrain you."
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area