Favorite/Least Favorite Actors for the HP Movies

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Tuesday 29 May 2007 7:37:37pm

I think that Fred and George were drunk for half of the time for GoF and weren't that good in it. I like Uncle Vernon and McGonagall is pretty good and Rupert is doing a great job!
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby Snow_Crystal » Friday 8 June 2007 5:24:52pm

Simatra wrote:I agree on the whole DD thing. He makes a terrible DD! They asked the guy who played Gandalf to do it, but he didn't want the job. He said he didn't want to take another job like that for a while.

Yes it is a shame that Ian McKlellan (not sure how you spell his surname properly) didn't take up the job. He would have been excellent but he's such a diverse actor that I think he wouldn't want such a similar role to one he'd had before.

I like Michael Gambon as he has done some excellent work, I'm just not sure he understands the audience/books properly. Shame he couldn't spend more time on HP forums I think.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby MJH » Thursday 14 June 2007 10:22:27pm

Although I think Michael Gambon is doing ok as Dumbledore, I really miss Richard Harris. I just watched the first movie again and he is so great in that. I'm particularly sad that Richard Harris won't get to play Dumbledore's final scene from Half Blood Prince. When I read that, all I could imagine was Richard Harris. He would have been amazing. I'm sure Michael Gambon will be good when he comes to do it, but Mr Harris would have been so much better.
MJH
Second Year

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Friday 15 June 2007 7:41:35pm

I agree with Mark. It makes me sad. It truly is a shame that he couldn't even view CoS. And even more of a shame that his final scene came before his characters.
GodrictheGriffon

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Friday 15 June 2007 11:10:46pm

it's a shame, alright. :-( he never even got to know what happened with harry and voldie in the end. :crying: he would've been absoulutly amazing in dd's last scene. it makes me want to cry.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Saturday 16 June 2007 12:55:04pm

He did a wonderful job in the Hospital Wing scene in PS.
GodrictheGriffon

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Saturday 16 June 2007 3:18:18pm

yeah. and he would of been wonderful in the 5th book when dd explains everything. :-(
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 17 June 2007 2:44:37am

Uuugh, I hate to admit this, but I have never been fond of the actor that played Sirius. I know so many of you just love Sirius in the books and movies, but I just dislike him somehow.

I miss the original DD too.
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Sunday 17 June 2007 4:45:08pm

I love Sirius! But I think that they could have found a better one. Have you heard that L:V is wearing a suit at the Ministry?
GodrictheGriffon

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 17 June 2007 6:17:48pm

OMG! :eek: voldie in a suit! no way!
FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Favorite/Least Favorite Actors for the HP Movies

Postby Malfoyx14 » Saturday 10 October 2009 2:36:37pm

Hmm, my favorite actor would probably have to be Tom Felton. Personally I think he did a wonderful job portraying Draco. His sneers are perfect, just as I imagined.
Okay so Christian Coulson was a fabulous Tom Riddle! I think he was much better than the Tom in HBP. Plus, he is good-looking :) I liked his faces and how he could look evil.
I absolutely loved the Dursleys! But, I don't understand why they weren't put in the beginning of each movie. They deff. add to the story and the thing that mad me mad was that the best Dursley parts were the ones not put in! I loved the beginning of 4 when the Weasleys came to pick up Harry and I loved when Dumbledore in 6 came to get Harry. grr.

And I've been wondering this, does anyone know why Ludo Bagman wasn't put in GoF?
Malfoyx14
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Scellanis » Saturday 10 October 2009 2:57:21pm

Yeah, Draco was really good in the last movie.

I suppose maybe they cut the Dursleys cos they have such a small part everytime without realising quite how imporant they are, I suppose every actor they have to hire even for tiny parts is expensive particularly as Mr Dursley is quite famous, I'm sure he costs a fair bit even for small appearances.

Oh well, at least they can never get rid of Snape, I love Alan Rickman as Snape. I love Alan Rickman as anything actually, never knew he existed before Harry Potter either, was missing out on the joy of his Robin Hood performance.
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby Alice5130 » Monday 12 October 2009 5:21:01am

I guess my most favorite Harry Pottor actor would have to be Alan Rickman as Professor Snape. In the newest movie, you could see Snapes true feelings about the whole thing, even though his lies. You get a feeling from the first movie, that snape is watching out for Harry, though in the Order of the Pheonix, that part seems to dissapear, excluding when he went to go call Sirius after Harry said Voldemort had him. He look a lot like the Snape that JK describbed. Oh, and I do love his deep, soft, and mysterious voice. He's so cool!

Tom Felton plays a wonerful Draco, though I prefered the scene when Hermiony punches him. It's pretty funny. He really does look like how I pictured him to be in the book, same with Robbie Coltrane as Hagrid. I love the warm shaggy appearance. Especially in the first book. My favorite quote from him was when he accidently told them something the shouldn't know, then said "I shouldn't a told ya that," or something like that.

I also LOVE Rupert as Ron, and Emma Watson as Hermione. They really play their characters well, especially Ron. In the first movie, Emma deffinetly got Hermiony's looks down perfectly as describbed in the books. Later on, she makes Hermiony very pretty. I love how she does her hair in the other movies X3 Rupert is great at giving Ron that cluless look when it comes to Hermiony's feelings.

I kinda like Daniel Radcliffe more in the first and second Harry Potter movies. Though he is good, I still prefer the innocent Harry to the more mature Harry, though that is what happens in the books, so I can't really complain. I just think he looked addorable in the frist movie.n X3

Maggie Smith is a great Professor McGonagall. She's just how I pictured the teacher in the book. She has theat strict feeling, but looks reliable and fair.
Alice5130
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Previous

Return to The Movies