Only for those who have already seen OoTP!!!

Have you seen the movies, either in the cinema theatre, or on video or DVD, or thinking of seeing them? Share your views here.

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Snow_Crystal

Postby DucksRMagical » Monday 23 July 2007 2:01:01pm

I wish Fred and George had gotten their whole scene, too. I really wish they had done the part after that where all the students start to do stuff to drive Umbridge crazy.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby Bendy1 » Tuesday 24 July 2007 7:05:49pm

I think OOTP is by far the worst book and movie of Hp so far. However, I still have love for it. There were so many intersting and important parts left out and I think if someone didn't read the book they would have definitely been lost.
Bendy1
Squib

Postby Run Away!!! » Wednesday 25 July 2007 12:25:14am

I don't think the parts they left out were really that important to the main plotline. I know people who haven't read the book and seen the movie and they thought it flowed just fine. THey probably would have been way more confused if they had try to fit every little detail into those few hours.. theres nothing more I hate than information overload during a movie.
Run Away!!!
Simple Girl with Simple Needs

Postby DucksRMagical » Wednesday 25 July 2007 3:30:38am

I know they weren't crucial to the plot, but I'm just very fond of that scene. And the career advice scene with Harry, McGonagall, and Umbridge.

I think OOTP is the best book and the best movie. :)
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby mamaweasley » Saturday 28 July 2007 9:36:52pm

As someone who has read OOTP 4 times I missed a lot when I went to see the movie. I expected it after the debacle that was GOF but I was disappointed just the same. Not enough magic, no Dobby, not enough owls with letters on Privet Drive (wasn't there like 5 in the book?), if you had never read any of the books and only watched the movies then it would be great. My mom and kids liked it as they haven't read the books, my mom not at all and my oldest has only read the first 3. But for us die-hard fans who have read the books so many times, sitting through the movie can be pure torture.
mamaweasley
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby **Tonks » Thursday 2 August 2007 12:10:28am

I was very annoyed that they missed out Mungdungus Fletcher!! :mad: :mad: Grrrrrr!!! He was like my fav character and he was the reason why HP and dudders got attcked by dementors because he wasn't on watch!!! That and there being no quidditch and ron and hermione not becoming prefects were the worst bits that they left out!! I was furious!! :evil: :mad: :x Otherwise pretty good!
**Tonks
Second Year

Postby witchsnape » Wednesday 15 August 2007 6:38:15pm

I quite enjoyed it personally. I know they left a lot out but I owuld have hated to fit that much information into a movie. my husband hasnt read any of the books ( I know I cant believe it either! :lol: ) and really enjoyed the film.
witchsnape

Postby the_roof_is_leaking » Wednesday 15 August 2007 7:57:35pm

Overall I really enjoyed the film.
I loved the Ministry of magic - especially the battle between Voldemort and Dumbledore - very cool! :D

The book wasn't too fresh in my mind though, maybe that's why I enjoyed it - I wasn't too aware of all the things changed/cut out....... Hmm, I dunno. Things cut out/changed in the movies never really bothered me anyway
the_roof_is_leaking
Sixth Year

Location: Never far behind Mad-eye Moody. (Or N.Ireland then)

Postby Webb » Friday 28 December 2007 10:11:49am

I personally loved this. I thought it was much better than the other movies and I love what they did with it and what direction they took it. I'm happy as hell that I now own the DVD which means I can play it whenever I want to. Honestly, this movie has been in my DVD player since I bought it a few days ago because I see no need to change it right now. I might have to change it though, because I was looking at their site some more and I saw that they released a DVD game as well. I tried out the demo and I have to say that I was very pleased with it. I'd suggest trying it out sometime because it actually is worth playing.

I also came across a cool [url=
http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbol/us/whv/m ... 40x480.m4v

]podcast[/url] of theirs as well. I love behind the scenes stuff, so when I saw that they were showing how they did certain things, made certain items, and designed certain places, I was very happy. I never knew that so much thought was put into designing Sirus' place.
Webb
Muggle

Postby vortex of pain » Sunday 30 December 2007 5:22:13pm

it was a good moovie, but...harry potter and the chamber of secrets was better. the 5th was still good though
vortex of pain

Postby vortex of pain » Sunday 30 December 2007 5:22:54pm

umbridge is nasty...
vortex of pain

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Sunday 30 December 2007 5:26:22pm

I do a wonderful impression of her trying to hack onto a computer. :grin:
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby sweetnezzincali » Monday 28 January 2008 7:16:55am

I definitely thought OotP was the best of the movies so far. It just flowed so much better than some of the previous movies, and truly captured the essence of the book, though it didn't have every single little detail replicated [which, it isn't supposed to in the first place.] It's basically the director's interpretation of J.K Rowling's story.

<3 Leia
sweetnezzincali
Second Year

Re: Only for those who have already seen OoTP!!!

Postby emmielovegood » Saturday 23 August 2008 12:18:07am

I just dissapointed that (once again) so much of Fred & George was cut from the book!

Mabey i'm just biased but I think every moment of the twins is great!
emmielovegood

Re: Only for those who have already seen OoTP!!!

Postby teyannanecole » Saturday 23 August 2008 1:58:29am

The movie took a while to grow on me. I will never be able to get over the fact that they did not show that Voldemort sent yet another AK curse at Harry and DD used the main statue in the MoM to block it. I thought that was an extremely important part of the storyline and never thought that they wouldn't show that. I didn't like that they took out Ron and Hermoine's prefect story and Ron's quittich (sp?) but I understand that it doesn't have to do with Harry's story, it just on of JK's side stories.
teyannanecole
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Previous

Return to The Movies