harry potter 6 secrets

A forum room for those who haven't yet read Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince. Please do not post any discussions about book 6 in this room. Sincere thanks for your cooperation which will enable members who haven't yet read JK Rowling's latest masterpiece to fully enjoy Book 6. Warning: All other areas of the forum (except the Phoenix-Free Room) may contain Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince references and plot details.

Moderator: Un'Anima Persa

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 18 May 2005 9:09:57pm

No, the order will be fighting without Dumblydore. The other members of the order will be fighitng, but Dumbledore won't be there. If Dumbledore were alive, he'd make short work of the death eater's and move on to interfere. With him dead, the odds are technically even, and it's even better for tension if they're not
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Mistress Siana » Saturday 21 May 2005 2:56:36pm

If Dumbledore were the HBP, wouldn't it mean that Aberforth were one too?
Mistress Siana
Slytherin Chaser and Devil's advocate

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Sunday 22 May 2005 3:22:24pm

I was looking around... and I realized that this topic is titled something like "secrets" but the first thing is like "I heard that dumbledore isnt the HBP" i love stuff like this
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby thestral » Wednesday 1 June 2005 10:03:05pm

alas, but i am nearly 97% sure that dumbly will die. maybe not in HBP cos that's too soon, but for the big climax in 7 he'll have to die like,

tanuki said:
Dumbledore has to leave Harry alone before he is backed into a corner enough to HAVE to fight Voldermort

and i have to agree with you on this one. boy am i not going to like reading that bit. she's already killed my fave character sirius and now she's gonna kill my second fave dumbledore. i know it.damn. :evil:
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

I know some secrets!

Postby spoiler_singh » Monday 6 June 2005 7:44:24pm

The students will visite the pyramid of geb where they will encounter Jamie, who is Rons long lost sister.
There will be a game called wizard duels, like yu gi oh cards..very similar.
spoiler_singh
Muggle

Postby Ravenclawsweety » Wednesday 22 June 2005 5:34:29pm

i think dumbledore will die in book 6 cuz i heard that one of harry's freinds arent gonna make it to book 7. My friend said she found out that info. on JK Rowing's website, weird, eh? :eek:
Ravenclawsweety
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Manticore » Saturday 25 June 2005 1:52:48am

i don't think that dumbledore has to die for harry to fight voldemort. Dumbledore knows that he will not be able to defeat voldemort, the best he can do is fight him to a draw, he knows that harry will have to fight him alone, i think dumbledore will do all he can to help harry in preparing to fight voldemort and then let him go at it alone
Manticore
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Saturday 25 June 2005 10:59:21pm

Okay, follow me here...I could just be grasping, but I think this might mean something...I hope I'm not repeating something someone else has already pointed out:

On JKR's site there is a thing on the gossip page asking if Luna is Snapes daughter and JKR's response was: "This is a most tantalising idea, but no, Mr Lovegood, the editor of the Quibbler, really is Luna's father and Snape does not have a daughter."

She *doesn't* say "Snape doesn't have any children. She says Snape doesn't have a daughter. To me that implies Snape could have/might have a son. If Snape has a son that we have not heard about thus far, there is a possiblity that Snapes son could be the Half Blood Prince. Hmmmm...just a thought.
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Nikki » Sunday 26 June 2005 12:46:51am

How could u even ask that?
1st: I bet Snape has never even had a girlfriend
2nd: If u read the 5th book u would know that he is the editor
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 26 June 2005 10:34:16am

Nikki wrote:How could u even ask that?
1st: I bet Snape has never even had a girlfriend
2nd: If u read the 5th book u would know that he is the editor

Duh! I didn't ask that Nikki...you obviously didn't take the time to read my entire post -- I am not an idiot! I am well aware that Luna's father is the editor of the Quibbler, and I have read book 5 numerous times but you obviously didn't bother to read my post completely before responding or you would have known that my post has absolutely nothing to do with who Luna's father is.

Anyway, I didn't ask the question, I read it on JKR's website. Someone other than me asked it a bazillion years ago -- I just happened to read it on the website yesterday but you have missed the point entirely. The point of my statement has absolutely nothing to do with who is Luna's father. Please reread my post because you have obviously "Skipped paragraphs" as you do when you read (according to another entry you made on this forum).

MY POINT IS:
In JKR's response, she clearly states that "Snape does not have a daughter" yet she does not ever state that Snape doesn't have children in general leaving it wide open to the possibility that he could have a son.

Just because you or I wouldn't want to have any interest in Snape, doesn't mean that someone somewhere along the line didn't -- take a look around you, lots of greasy slimy gross men procreate in this world, so why wouldn't they in the wizarding world. At any rate, I don't know why I am wasting my breath when you obviously didn't fully read my original post to begin with.
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby thestral » Sunday 26 June 2005 10:34:34am

She *doesn't* say "Snape doesn't have any children. She says Snape doesn't have a daughter. To me that implies Snape could have/might have a son.

i think this is reading into things a bit too much, JK was answering the question of the rumour does snape have a daughter, so she says no snape doesn't have a daughter. i don't think it was one of her clever misleading word tricks, i think she was just answering the question in what she thought was a plain black and white answer. imagine if she had to cover all her bases every time she answered a question she'd have to say snape does not have a son, daughter, godson/daughter, step son/daughter and so on and so on.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar :grin:
thestral

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 26 June 2005 10:36:10am

thestral wrote: imagine if she had to cover all her bases every time she answered a question she'd have to say snape does not have a son, daughter, godson/daughter, step son/daughter and so on and so on.

sometimes a cigar is just a cigar :grin:

LOL...okay, I'll buy that Thestral! :-?
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Nikki » Sunday 26 June 2005 1:56:45pm

I was just saying that how could any1 ask that, read what i wrote, but if u think about it, it lookes like i wrote it on what u said, so sorry
Nikki
Death Eater

Postby thestral » Monday 27 June 2005 8:15:02am

i sorta don't want to see snape with children, frankly i find that thought quite disturbing. not because of the procreation process (although uggghhh!!, snape...)

but as i think has already been said like a million times, he doesn't seem like a fathering type. what i find disturbing is the thought of a baby-talking snape, being nice, and going "where's sevy gone, where's he gone, oh, peek-a-boo, there he is!...." and so forth. disturbing, i shudder to think.
thestral

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Monday 27 June 2005 11:10:22pm

thestral wrote:what i find disturbing is the thought of a baby-talking snape, being nice, and going "where's sevy gone, where's he gone, oh, peek-a-boo, there he is!...." and so forth. disturbing, i shudder to think.

Bwahahaha...what a thought. I hadn't thought that far ahead. Hahahaha! Thanks a lot, now that's all I'll be able to picture as I continue reading OotP :eek:
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to The Prince-Free Room