The Floo Network is Open!

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

The Floo Network is Open!

Postby Paul » Wednesday 8 December 2004 12:58:08am

Floo Powder has now been placed by all of the main fireplaces here at Broomsticks And Owls, and BaO's very own internal Floo Network is now open!

You can now use the Floo Network to talk individually to other BaO members. It's effectively a replacement for the old private messaging facility.

Please see the addition to the rules regarding Floo Network Messages.

Enjoy - and remember, throw the powder into the fire first - we don't want to have to rush anyone up to Madame Pomfrey with burn injuries. :-)
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby Nightcrawler » Wednesday 8 December 2004 11:33:30am

Thanks Paul.

This is awesome :grin: .

So Floo Messages are basicly an upgraded version of the PM System? Interesting. (Oh, and I'll reply to your last PM whenever I next log on, I'm in a bit of a rush at the moment.)
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Scellanis » Wednesday 8 December 2004 10:56:29pm

lol, and don't forget to speak clearly.....it could be embarassing if you don't and end up in the wrong fireplace.....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby emus » Saturday 18 December 2004 4:13:05pm

umm, how come I can't send messages? Paul sent me a message and I can't respond...
emus
Fourth Year

Postby Gwared » Sunday 19 December 2004 5:05:51pm

emus wrote:umm, how come I can't send messages? Paul sent me a message and I can't respond...

I'd suggest posting this in the "forum related questions and problems" section, as Paul is more likely to see it there.

I don't know, I recently got an email from another forum telling me I had a new PM but when I got there I didn't!!
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby emus » Monday 20 December 2004 2:37:13am

Ok, I'll post that there...
emus
Fourth Year

Postby Broccoli » Monday 20 December 2004 9:48:45am

Gwared wrote:I don't know, I recently got an email from another forum telling me I had a new PM but when I got there I didn't!!

When somebody sends you a PM you get an e-mail automatically, but by the time you get to your forum, the sender may have deleted his PM!
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Gwared » Monday 20 December 2004 1:47:31pm

Broccoli wrote:
Gwared wrote:I don't know, I recently got an email from another forum telling me I had a new PM but when I got there I didn't!!

When somebody sends you a PM you get an e-mail automatically, but by the time you get to your forum, the sender may have deleted his PM!

I didn't know people could delete PM's once they've been sent!
Gwared
Gryffindor Prefect, Landlord of the Three Broomsticks and Common Welsh Green Dragon Keeper

Postby Broccoli » Monday 20 December 2004 2:13:46pm

if the message is still in the outbox and not in the "Sent" folder, you can delete it before the receiver reads it.
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Gwared » Tuesday 21 December 2004 10:57:04am

Broccoli wrote:if the message is still in the outbox and not in the "Sent" folder, you can delete it before the receiver reads it.

Well, you learn something new every day!
Gwared

Thanx Mate

Postby DarkSoul » Saturday 28 May 2005 10:41:28am

Thanx man this flo network is great. :grin:
DarkSoul
Second Year

Postby Nightcrawler » Thursday 7 July 2005 6:39:14am

This announcement thread has been up for quite some time and I'm sure that all the regular members have read it by now.

I'm going to lock this thread to clear a bit of room because we already have quite a few announcement and sticky threads. The discussion in this thread has gotten a bit off topic, so I hope nobody minds me closing it. :grin:
Nightcrawler
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Underneath a sheet of corigated tin by the side of the road.

Postby Gwared » Thursday 7 July 2005 7:49:10pm

Removed all offending posts

~ Gwared :o
Gwared

Return to The Great Hall