Rest in Peace, Elisabeth Sladen.

She used to bethe Doctor's companion and now she's doing good here on present-day earth. Enjoy discussing Sarah Jane's adventures here.

Rest in Peace, Elisabeth Sladen.

Postby Paul » Tuesday 19 April 2011 11:53:53pm

I was shocked to hear just over an hour ago that Elisabeth Sladen who played Sarah Jane Smith died earlier today following a battle with cancer. This is so sad. She was a great actress and seemed so fit and healthy. I couldn't believe it when I read that she was 63 - she looked so much younger and I thought she was probably in her late 40s or early 50s, especially the way she ran around in The Sarah Jane Adventures. It is still a young age to leave this world though. I still haven't seen too many of The Sarah Jane Adventures in full on TV yet but actually caught a few episodes earlier today before hearing the news and really enjoyed them.

She was one of the truly classic companions of Doctor Who back in the 1970's - possibly the best loved of all companions in those original series before the relaunch in 2005, and maybe even of all time. It was fabulous to see her return in a couple of the new Doctor Who episodes, and her own series in The Sarah Jane Adventures was truly well-deserved. Rest in peace, Sarah Jane. K-9, Mr Smith, Luke, The Doctor and the universe will truly miss you.
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Return to The Sara Jane Adventures