Twilight Vampires? Is it really possible?

Bloothirsty creatures or just trying to survive the best they can? Discuss universes of the undead and afflicted here, including Werewolves, Vampires and Zombies.

Twilight Vampires? Is it really possible?

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 4 January 2009 7:09:22pm

In many of my conversations with Godric, youknowwho, and Duckie, we have come across the topic of how the Twilight version of vampires can be possible.

We know that the venom that runs through their veins is highly flammable. But is it really neccessary to rip the vampire into pieces before burning, or could you simply have at it with a flame-thrower?

According to the Twilight series, vampires never sleep, they sparkle in the sunlight, they can stay absolutely still for conceivably all eternity, they don't have to breath, they're amazingly strong and fast, they can live forever, and their heart doesn't beat. I have a theory that as the vampire venom moves through the body's system, it creates cell walls around the body's cells. If the walls were somehow reflective, then it would explain the "sparkling". Cell walls help plants stay upright under the elements, so perhaps this would account for the vampire's toughness and speed?

A vampire's skin is ice cold, apparently. In order to acheive a vampire's speed and strength, many many calories would have to be burned. So surely some of this heat would warm the skin?

Those are simply a few of the arguments we came up with. Feel free to add on to them, create your own, or debate them.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Re: Twilight Vampires? Is it really possible?

Postby choki » Monday 5 January 2009 12:56:55pm

the vampire skin is cold to touch and extremely tough and it sparkles! sounds like diamond crusted skin! and well, since diamond is basically carbon maybe... the venom changes the constitution of the body, rearranging carbon molecules to become diamond in a matter of seconds!

my brain is dead so is my hypothesis hahaha
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Monday 5 January 2009 9:17:37pm

But diamonds aren't flammable, are they?
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby choki » Tuesday 6 January 2009 8:55:56am

hmmm I thought the reason they need to rip a vampire apart before throwing it into a fire to destroy it, is to prevent the limbs from regrowing? diamond crusted skin so it is still basically skin... and once the vampire starts to break apart, perhaps the diamond carbon molecules too, loses its structure and change back to its original basic structure?
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 6 January 2009 5:22:48pm

I think the reason for the burning is to prevent the limbs from regrowing. I think they rip them apart first because it would be much more difficult to get a fully formed vampire into a fire without getting burned yourself, rather than ripping them apart ahead of time and tossing the pieces in the fire. Vampires are strong and I imagine would put up a big fight if another vampire was trying to force them into a fire.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Tuesday 6 January 2009 9:46:42pm

But if you had a flamethrower, then there would be no need to rip them, as you could set them on fire from a distance...
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Wednesday 7 January 2009 7:21:24pm

If the heart doesn't beat, then how can the venom move through the vampire?
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Wednesday 7 January 2009 9:19:59pm

How do we know the venom moves through the vampire? It's a logical conclusion, but if the heart doesn't beat, then obviously the venom doesn't move through the body.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Thursday 8 January 2009 12:40:52am

Then how would the nutrients in the blood they drink diffuse into the cells where they're needed?
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby *Riley* » Sunday 25 January 2009 6:53:01am

Pshh, you guys are reading to much into it! Just rip it up and chuck the damned thing in the fire! :lol:
( Alice surprised me when she jumped on James' shoulder and brutally tore off his head... it was awesome :grin: )
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 27 January 2009 2:34:59pm

Gee, Riley, thanks for the spoiler :grin: . Just Kidding, I wasn't going to read/watch Twilight anyway.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 28 January 2009 3:30:07am

Even though I haven't read Twilight yet, isn't it true that you have to stab them in the heart with a stake? (Buffy the Vampire Slayer style?) Then are you meant to burn the bodies or do they just spontaneously combust? AND what about the vampire Lestat in "Interview With the Vampire"? (Stop reading here if you don't want a spoiler for that book) He was given dead blood and it weakened him and he was sliced up and thrown in a lake, but he still managed to pull through, AND then later he was burned too! But not torn apart. And still managed to come back. (and not cheesy horror show style either, it took him years, but he did it! Living off rat blood and reptiles and stuff) Perhaps the more powerful, the more cautious you have to get? If you tear apart a vampire, and bury take his limbs to the four corners of the earth, and then one day if someone took those limbs and reunited them would they rejoin? What is WITH the need to burn? Anyone watch "supernatural"? They always burn the bones! That gets rid of everything. Hmmm... I think I should really watch the movie to see what you're on about... haha... thanks for listening!
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby DucksRMagical » Wednesday 28 January 2009 2:53:19pm

Twilight vampires are very very different from the traditional vampire. A stake in the heart does not kill them. There's a plethora of other differences as well, but I won't spoil everything. Twilight vampires need to be cut up and then burned in order to be permanently destroyed.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 29 January 2009 1:16:42am

Ewwww... sounds awfully messy! I'm guessing that these vampires are able to exist in Twilight? (as in, the light that comes before and after the sun?) You can spoil that bit for me if I'm right.

*makes mental note to borrow the book from her sister because going to the movies right now is soooooo not happening!*
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Return to Vampires, Werewolves and Zombies - The Undead and Afflicted