Book 7: Unfinished Business & Explanations You Would Want Revealed .. JKR Please take note

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Postby niki_192 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 10:06:22am

snape went bak to being a death eater full time after he killed dd at the end of HBP.... i would agree on more attention to explaining the veil....
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 10:08:54am

I think snowy means origionally! Like how he got involved with them, maybe that will offer some insight into where his real allegence lies?
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 10:32:10am

niki_192 wrote:snape went bak to being a death eater full time after he killed dd at the end of HBP.... i would agree on more attention to explaining the veil....

Niki - didn't mean to confuse you..um but yeah Stumpy's right when I said joined I didn't mean re-join..
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby thestral » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:22:55am

i think one of the biggest things i want explained is the whole thing about sirius's death, the veil,and those two way mirrors!!! i don't think sirius will come back from the dead so to speak but i want to find out about that bloody veil.

also really reallyreally want to know the whole answer as to why DD trusted snape so much. not some lame 'oh he showed remorse'. something happened and i want to know what!!

and another constant mystery i want revealed is the deal with petunia. what did she know, how did she know. i want to know!!!

and generally info on lily potter. we have recieved next to nothing in regards info about her, we know so much about james but nothing about her. i think that when everything about lily is revealed the last pieces of the puzzle that is the past will fall into place, paticularly to do with snape. which is why JK is being so recaltricient with lily info.
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:24:46am

what thing with petrunia?
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:45:52am

Petunia always comes across as if there's something more to her than meets the eye. I agree with Thestral on this and would like to see more.

Also JKR always tells us that Hermione really is the cleverest witch of her age. What is she going to do in the last book that really proves this? It's got to be something major but I suspect she is going to be instrumental with her part in finding/destroying these horcruxes.

I'd like to know more about the Longbottoms as well please. We know they were attacked obviously but there has to be more to it than that. When were they attacked exactly and why? LV would have ordered it but why wasn't Neville attacked at the same time? Something doesn't make sense here..
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby thestral » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:46:46am

you know 'remember my last' but has DD actally been in communication with her for years? how did she know about dementors and azkaban? i think there is much more to dear petunia than she lets on.
thestral

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:50:59am

agree wit snowy bout herm thats where she will feature most! I think Ron will be the one next to Harry in the final Fight> maybe wit Ginny there as well either captured or next to them!
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Wednesday 20 July 2005 11:59:06am

the longbottoms were captured by the last remaining DE's bellatrix and her husband and crouch and tortured because they thought that the longbottoms as aurors knew where the vanquished voldemort was so that they could find him and return to him.

also this happened just after the downfall of voldemort. everyone was even more shocked and outraged by it because people had thought that they were now 'safe'.
thestral

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:42:01pm

Aha - thanks thestral - do you remember what book that was in? I'd like to read them all again I think now but wouldn't mind re-reading that bit before I do.

Personally I don't think ginny will have a part in the final showdown as Harry wanted to protect her and that's why he broke up with her. She will be in the next book of course so don't get me wrong on that it's just I think that the best climax would be if all the Order, DE's (plus those currently in Azkaban), werewolves, dementors, Ron, Hermione will play as witnesses to the final confrontation.

At the moment I am divided on whether many other students will be there but I think it would be good if Neville was there to take revenge on the Lestranges and I think Draco Malfoy will be - and I hope Hermione finally does the deed on him!
Last edited by Snow_Crystal on Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:46:47pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snow_Crystal

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:44:50pm

Book 1 or 4 probably.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:50:01pm

nop he'll come over to the good side but i hope she does get a swing at him
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby horcrux hunter911 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:55:01pm

it was book 4 remember when crouch came out of the forest and attacked krum
horcrux hunter911
Second Year

Postby horcrux hunter911 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:56:32pm

i want to see harry stick it to snape as bad as voldemort
horcrux hunter911
Second Year

Postby Fweegal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:00:32pm

Nah. Snape will turn out to have been a double (triple?) agent. Working for the Order without their knowledge.

In that case, DD had himself killed for a reason.

Snape is an accomplished actor and Occulmulent (sp?) and can hide his feelings and actual agenda from all but LV.

Plus, LV possessed Harry in OotP, perhaps DD is riding inside Fawkes.
Fweegal
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to The Books