RPG: The Time-Turner [Suspended]

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

RPG: The Time-Turner [Suspended]

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 17 February 2008 12:58:20am

The Time-Turner

When a group of muggle students in London find a small, mysterious hourglass hidden in the garden where they walk every day, none of them can foresee the adventure that they are about to embark on. As they make their journey through time, they must avoid the mysterious Ministry and their cloaked soldiers. The hooded beings seem to possess strange powers and are determined to follow the muggles through time and prevent them from fulfilling their destiny, whatever that may be.

The start of this RPG is set in May 1996

Many thanks to the RPG members for contributing the ideas for this RPG scenario.

If you would like to join this RPG, please create a character through this link.
Last edited by Phoenix in the Ashes on Friday 4 April 2008 3:48:42am, edited 3 times in total.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Monday 18 February 2008 5:50:07pm

16-year-old Linda Myana strolled through the garden gate and looked around. Where was everybody? Her friends usually got there before her, and yet all was quiet, apart from the swish of the fresh autum leaves falling and the wind tickling through the grass. Linda brushed a strand of her long wavy brown hair,scrutionized the park one more time, then went over to a tall oak and began to climb. Might as well get a prank in as long as I'm the first one here she thought. Not giving much thought to the state her blue jeans and dark brown tank-top would be in when she climbed down, Linda waited.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Monday 18 February 2008 8:19:25pm

Tancred Myck appeared running around the corner and vaulted over the low fence. He didn't hold much store in things such as walls. He found that they just go in his way. He landed with a crunch on a pile of old twigs and leaves still left over from last fall. Tancred continued to run towards the tree where he tried to meet with his friends each day. He was almost there when he tripped over one of his own overly-large, feet. His back-pack went flying off of his shoulders and flew thruogh the air. It opened and sent a shower of green apples, pens, some books, a pair of cleats, uniform, and grass covered football over the ground until it landed on the ground with a thud. Next to the old, gnarlged, oak.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Tuesday 19 February 2008 4:22:22am

Linda barely contained her laughter as her friend Tancred tripped and fell over. She knew she had to wait for the perfect moment before pulling the practical joke. And was is it. Tancred was crouching down to wash the dirt off his hands in a nearby pond. Linda stealthily made her way to a branch hanging right over Trancred, and.... WHAM! Jumped ontop of him, sending him crashing into the water, with her just grabbing a nearby weeping willow's branch and swinging back onto the grass.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 22 February 2008 6:06:26am

When John rode up to the garden gate, he found that it was already open. He cycled through the gap and on to the path of small stones that crunched under the wheels of the bike when he rode over them. He heard a loud splash of water and Linda's laughter in the distance.

Picking up pace, he climbed a small hill and then skidded the bike to a halt.

"Hey," he said casually.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Friday 22 February 2008 7:05:31pm

"Hi," Tancred spulttered back as he coughed up water. "You idiot, Linda! I could've drowed!" he cried angrily as he fought through some water weeds to the shore. He stood up and realized that he was up to his thighs in cool water. "Never mind, then."
Tancred stumbled up the short embankment and began to gather up his various spilt items.
GodrictheGriffon

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby DucksRMagical » Friday 22 February 2008 7:23:17pm

Sarah ran down the path and into the garden. She was late. This wasn't unusual, she was often late to meet her friends. Sarah had two younger sisters, who were four and five, and her mom often made her help take care of them. Today, the two little girls had been arguing over a doll and Sarah had to find a second doll before she was able to leave.

Sarah spotted her friends over near the pond. Tancred was soaked with water and Linda was laughing hysterically next to him. John was climbing off his bike, he must have just gotten there.

"Hi, guys!" Sarah waved as she reached her friends. "Sorry, I'm late. Alicia and Gabby were fighting again and I had to settle it." She rolled her eyes when she remembered her sisters' squabbling. "So, what are we going to do today?"
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 23 February 2008 3:32:11am

John laughed at the soaked Tancred stumbling up the embankment.

"Hey, Sarah," he greeted the latecomer. "I have a few hours before I'm supposed to be home, we're going to drive up to county champs this afternoon, hopefully I'll do alright and make nationals. I can't do anything too stressful, though."

"Red needs some time to dry off, anyway," he jested.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Saturday 23 February 2008 8:14:01pm

Linda clutched at a stitch in her side and watched the sparkling pond recover from Tancred's impact with it. Such a magnificent scene. Her eyes glazed over as she went into one of her zones, staring into the clouds, her imagination forming images in them only she could see. This was why she believed in magic. The simplicity of nature was an extraordinary tonic to the hussle and bussle of the modern day's noise. Linda hardly noticed the other's talking as she painted pictures in the sky.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 24 February 2008 12:38:18am

While Linda stared at the sky and Red picked up his things, John and Sarah talked about his prospective chances in the upcoming competition. He'd been training for it for months.

Suddenly, Linda's attention snapped back to reality, as though she had just awoken from a dream.

"Are you okay?" John asked.

"Yeah..." she responded. John lifted an eyebrow, but turned to face Tancred. "What have you got there?" he asked. In Tancred's right hand was a small piece of lined paper.

"It's nothing," he said, going red, "just something for school."

"Is that so?" John noticed his awkwardness. He snatched it out of Tancred's hand and tried to read it, but was tackled before he could get further than the first word. It looked like a letter.

The pair fought for the paper, and John tried to hold Red on the ground so that he could read it. Suddenly, he felt himself being flipped over on his back, and he fell to the ground with a thud. He swore, and tried to extricate himself from the awkward position. He still held the rather crumpled letter in his right hand. He managed to crawl away from Tancred and stumble onto his bicycle, where he rotated his legs furiously to gain immediate momentum. He rode to gather distance between him and Tancred, but the other boy was sprinting after him and he had no spare time to read the letter, as he had to concentrate on where he was riding. This was a garden, and there were plants and twigs and small declines everywhere.

Very carefully, still pedalling at a respectable pace, he uncrinkled the piece of paper in his right hand with his left hand, trying to keep a steady direction with his bike, which was heading up a small hill. He was peering down at the object of curiosity before him when he suddenly felt the resistance against the bike weaken, and its speed increase. The hill was behind him and his momentum was carrying him much too fast. The letter was strange, though. It was in Tancred's handwriting.

His attention was snapped away from the letter when he heard a shout from Red behind him: "Stop reading it!... and watch out!"

John's head turned suddenly to the path in front of him, but he realised that it was too late, and that he had been an idiot. He tried to swerve the bike away, but it was moving too quickly and he was flung off the seat at a rocketing pace. He hit the oak tree with a bone-cracking thump, and felt a brief spasm of pain before he blacked out into unconsciousness.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby DucksRMagical » Sunday 24 February 2008 1:44:24am

"John!" Sarah shouted as she ran towards her friend. She stumbled over the rocks and branches, but made it to her friend before any of the others did.

"John, are you all right?" She asked. She pulled his arm gently to try and wake him, but he didn't move. "John, wake up!" she shouted a little louder.

"What's happened?" Linda asked as she sat down beside Sarah.

"He's been knocked unconscious," Sarah said hysterically, while resting her head on his chest. "He's still breathing."
DucksRMagical

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 24 February 2008 3:12:09am

John heard a high-pitched voice next to him, but he did not wake. It was quite relaxing, initially. A break from that taste of pain he experienced just before falling unconscious.

As he thought about his earlier childhood and his friends, he did start to feel a sort of burning sensation up his right arm, though. That was odd. And then... his left started to hurt quite badly, too. He felt a shot of pain down his right leg as well, as he heard a hysterical voice and a head on his chest. "He's been knocked unconscious!"

In the centre of his eyes, the pitch-black darkness was starting to be replaced by a bright light. It was brilliant, and comforting. As it grew bigger and bigger, it started to form a strange shape. When it had extended to cover the majority of his sight, something strange started happening. It was no longer a white light that was appearing. There were other colours too. There was a lot of brown, and green, and some red beneath him.

He came back to consciousness with a snap, and felt the full affects of his injuries almost immediately. Although there were tears in his eyes from the pain, he still noticed something very odd in the centre of his line of sight. It was unusual, and it seemed to generate an aura of white light. It was in the hollow of the oak tree that he was leaning against.

It was weird. It was as though it had hidden, mystical powers. John was not sure how to describe it, but it seemed to resemble an hourglass.

"What's that?" he asked Sarah, who was sitting next to him. She almost fell over.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby DucksRMagical » Sunday 24 February 2008 3:59:12pm

"John! What hurts? Your arm looks a little odd, we'd better get you home," Sarah said once she regained her balance. She hadn't expected John to wake up the moment she check to see if he was breathing.

"What's that?" John repeated.

Sarah glanced over to where John was pointing. She peered into the hollow of the tree and noticed a strange object. She reached down and picked it up. "I dunno, looks like some sort of hourglass. Maybe it's some kind of jewelry?" Sarah fingered the long gold chain that the hourglass was attached to. She had never seen anything like it. She held it out so John could get a better look.
DucksRMagical

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 24 February 2008 9:26:44pm

Linda looked at the necklace Sarah was holding. It was beautiful.
"May I see it?" she asked. Sarah handed it to her. Suddenly, recognition sprawled in Linda's pearly blue eyes.
"But-- but I-- But I saw-- but that's impossible-- and I--" she sputtered.
"And you what?" Tancred demanded.
"And I know this." Linda said softly. "I saw it in my mother's dresser. I asked about it, once. But she said,'It's nothing. Just forget you ever saw it.' She looked scared. The next day, it was gone." Tears started splashing off her face. "A few days later, a bunch of black-clad men came to the house. Mum ushered me upstairs. I saw her run out the back door. The men followed. She ran. I never saw her again." Linda was shaking. She'd never told anyone this. Linda sat down. It was like the necklace had brought every bad memory flooding into her mind. The time her first pet ran away. The time she broke her leg.
Suddenly, she realized everyone was staring at her. Linda mentaly shook herself.
"We'd better get going. That leg looks bad." Linda gestured towards John. "We don't want it to get infected."
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Monday 25 February 2008 12:06:12am

Tanc pulled a sweatshirt out of his bag and tried to wrap it around John's leg without moving it.
"Does anyone have something to tie this with?" he asked, looking down at the messy bandage.
"Here." Linda offered a tube-sock that she had pulled out of Tancred's "Bag of Tricks" as they called it.
"Right," he gently knotted it around the shirt. "Let's try to get him to Sarah's house. That's closest. What should we do about....the thing?"
GodrictheGriffon

Next

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area