Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby choki » Saturday 16 August 2008 7:16:40am

"Well, I have overstayed my stay here, seeing how I stumbled upon the unforeseen circumstance in a twist of fate," Nikolaus politely responded. Although it would be better for Nikolaus to remain in Hogwarts grounds in order to teach Geneve, there was no obvious reason for his stay. If he had persisted to stay on, it would only further increase his suspicion.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby salemboy » Saturday 16 August 2008 12:15:08pm

Damien looked around at the students, all of which were eating, along with the teachers, some of which were eating rather shakenly. He saw a movement at the Slythering table. Geneve was all tense, her back hunched over, and she was only looking at her food. It all seemed quiet, whatever had happened must have been a mistake on the part of one of the students, probably muttering some mumbo jumbo, trying to see what would happen. That still didn't explain how the dark magic went away. Still, nothing was wrong. So, determining that it was ok, seeing as how Damien would probably not be needed in the meeting above, and that this event was so inconsequential, he decided to sit down next to Geneve.

"Hey Geneve, what's up?" Damien said as he sat down.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby DucksRMagical » Saturday 16 August 2008 3:30:28pm

Galena nodded at Nikolaus. "All right, then. Well, in the future, if you have plans on visiting the castle, please inform Valencia or myself of it ahead of time."

Galena then turned to Gwydion. "And you, Mr. MacCallum, has Harry instructed you to spend all your time here now? Or will you just be making visits every so often?"
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby *Riley* » Saturday 16 August 2008 4:14:33pm

Liam broke from the crowd of girls and sat walked over to the Slytherin table. Several Slytherins spat nasty remarks at him as he sat on the right hand side of Geneve. Damien was on her left, and Liam did not dare talk to him.
"I'm sorry, it was those stupid Veela powers I inherit" he said while brushing dirt out of Geneve's hair.
"I'm fine" she muttered while fiddling with her food.
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby salemboy » Saturday 16 August 2008 4:23:00pm

"Take your food, you two," Damien said. "Let's go eat in my office." Damien had to get over what Nikolaus did. From what Damien could tell, neither of these children belonged at Slytherin. Yes, even Geneve appeared to be in the wrong house. He stood up and said, "Come on, follow me, you two."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 17 August 2008 2:56:23pm

Geneve scowled at Liam as she stood up and picked up her plate. He simply smiled sweetly at her, Oblivious to the fact that he had really hurt her feelings ignoring her the way he had. And worse yet, he thought it was his fault that the bees had set upon the Great Hall. Geneve wasnt' sure how much Liam really knew, or remembered, but she knew for sure they had a irriversable magical connection. Geneve sighed as she followed Liam and Damien down to the dugeons and into the potions office. She recalled as they walked how the sorting hat had put her in Slytherin, as her grandfather had gone before her. Ambition, greatness.... evil? She was learning more and more each day that passed, but there was so much more to know. She had researched the wizard families as best she could before she had come, with her mother's help. But she was still kept in the dark about so much. Now, it was up to her to find her own understandings. She sat down on a chair in Damien's office. She looked anxiously at Liam. Damien went to close the door, and Geneve reached out and grabbed Liam by the front of his cloak and hissed quietly, "He knows nothing of what still dwells within me, Liam. If we are smart, we can keep it from him, so empty your mind and don't keep covering for me or you'll wind up expelled." She let him go so abruptly that he fell back into his chair, knocking it back off it's legs so that it rocked back slightly. Geneve smiled as she eyed Liam, not looking at him directly. His perfect hair had gone astray; he was taken aback. Finally! Thought Geneve. He knows what it feels like to be nearly knocked off your feet by someone else. She breathed a deep sigh and felt a giggle coming on, which she knew were his Veela powers getting to her again. "And would you quit being so freakin' adorable?" She choked a whisper. "I'm sure you could help it if you tried!" The door clicked shut, and Damien returned to speak to them.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Monday 18 August 2008 7:21:14am

Damien started to eat. When he noticed the kids weren't, he said, "Dig in. I'm not a big fan of crowds, and I'm pretty sure that you two aren't, either." He ate a bit of roast beef. "You kids aren't in trouble. I just need to tell you something, and I'm pretty sure that the other children shouldn't hear it."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 18 August 2008 10:28:41am

Geneve looked at Damien suspiciously. What was he playing at? She still felt an un nerving sense of guilt for what had passed between them when she was at her worst. She took a mouthful of food and tried not to look guilty or nervous. She looked at Liam, who was wearing his usual pretty-boy clueless expression. She swallowed her food with such difficulty she felt herself start to hicough. Great, she thought. "What do you want to tell us? Is it something about.. hic! Oh sorry... Is it something about the ministry auror? What's his name.. Gwydion?" Geneve asked with as confident a voice as she could muster. Liam looked up suddenly from his lunch. "What was that name again?" he asked.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Monday 18 August 2008 4:17:50pm

"Yes, his name's Gwydion. Listen you two, I normally would not get you involved," Damien said quietly. Then he said, "Muffliato." He didn't think anybody else should hear this. "I know that you think he's an auror and all, but not everybody is what they seem." He took a drink of water. "I want for you two to stay away from him. He's no good, and he will only bring us trouble. Professor Sprague intends to allow him to stay. But, I must plead with you children, for your safety, I ask that you avoid Mr. Gwydion at all cost." He didn't want to warn them of Nikolaus, though, for Damien was sure that they trusted him, and Damien did not want them to think him paranoid. Let's first caution them of the dangers most likely to affect them first. The thought, "Hypocrit," panged inside his head. He himself was endangering the students. He put that out of his mind, though.
salemboy

Postby Q.Araignee » Monday 18 August 2008 4:55:10pm

Damien's sudden departure confirmed Gwydion's thoughts that he was intent to meddle. That could make things a little more awkward than planned...but never mind. For the moment he turned his attention to the Headmistress.

"The Ministry, and by that of course I mean Mr Potter, has asked that I remain on the grounds if at all possible. Present in case of an emergency. For the most part I will probably keep out of everyone's way, I have plenty of paperwork to work on and cases that I can oversee from here. I may take it upon myself to do rounds during the day or in an evening, but I will make sure that they are done when there is little chance of me being noticed- lessons, on a night and the like."

Gwydion paused a moment, partaking of the whiskey even if the ladies didn't wish to. It was particularly fine- a favourite of his, made by an old friend who lived in Fife. Free bottles whenever he asked...it was a good deal. But he was digressing.

"As far as the letter is concerned, I'm sure it confirms what I have said- I would just ask you read it carefully as soon as you have some free time alone, Ms. Sprague." Gwydion gave Galena a meaningful look, and hoped she would catch on.
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 19 August 2008 3:13:21am

"Oh, I assure you, I will," Galena met Gwydion's gaze. She wanted nothing more than to read that letter. Her curiosity had always gotten the better of her, her entire life. It got her into quite a few tight spots with Filch when she was a child. Her interactions with Filch were a bit awkward now to say the least, considering that Filch was now under her employ.

"And it is perfectly fine for you to stay and do rounds and such," Galena continued, "I shall ask the House Elves to set you up with living quarters. Do you have a specific section of the castle you wish to stay in?"
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Tuesday 19 August 2008 3:20:55am

Geneve looked at Damien with a puzzled expression. "But.. isn't he's from the ministry? Why shouldn't we trust him? And Harry Potter himself has sent him. And Mr. Potter knows what happened to me... is this... is this all about me? How can any of you trust me after what happened?? Are you going to send me away, because I have no where to go!" Geneve stopped abruptly and stood up, her eyes welling, and she ran into the hall.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 19 August 2008 5:16:56am

Damien got up and ran after her. Something was wrong, really wrong with that child. And it wasn't the Voldemort part in her. Eventually, he caught up with her. He grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around to face him. She was crying. "Listen, Geneve," he said sternly. He got on one knee so that he could be level with the child. "I'm not going to send you away. No child deserves to be taken from their home, no matter their ancestry. And if Hogwarts is your home, then I'll fight until my dieing breath to make sure that the ministry will NOT take you away." He took a breath. "Even if I don't completely know what happened between you and the others those few days ago, I know that it was something that should not have happened. But you must not blame yourself for it. It was Voldemort who made you do those deeds, it was not your own will." He would explain Gwydion when she was ready, right now was not the time. Such an emotionally fragile child. It was obvious she needed help with the previous events first. "Now, listen Geneve, if you ever, EVER, feel down, or lonely, sad, or angry, feel free to tell me. Vent on me, I'm here to help you."
salemboy

Postby choki » Tuesday 19 August 2008 5:46:52am

"The West Tower seems to have the best view," Nikolaus suggested to Gwydion, "although the Owlery is at the top but trust me, I have stayed there for the past nights and there are gentle breeze to die for."
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby *Riley* » Tuesday 19 August 2008 8:39:10am

Liam sat in the chair stunned, the muffliato charm was still protecting the office so all was eerily quiet. "Don't move" a voice said inside of him, "If you're wise, you will not move" it seemed to say as he shook his head in disbelief.
Suddenly, sobbing and a hoarse voice caught Liam's attention. It was Geneve, accomponied by Damien. Liam crept over to the door, despite the warning voice telling him not to move, and peered outside Damien was on one knee speaking softly while Geneve had tears pouring down her face.
How could a ugly thing like him, even think of liking her ? Hadn't he debated this question so many times, and every single answer he got was: It's the Veela powers, I'm not good enough for her.
Liam sighed as he shut the door softly, and sat back on the chair, tears now an down his cheeks, and his breaths came in short sobs.
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area