Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 19 August 2009 2:49:43pm

Damien smiled. "I take care of my students. I was worried a little for Geneve's safety, but after viewing your lesson, I know that she is in good hands." Her voice... it seemed so familiar... He could have sworn that he'd heard her before. Perhaps she had visited Japan, once. "Excuse me, Ms. Feles, but have we met before?"
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Q.Araignee » Wednesday 19 August 2009 3:00:03pm

Farissa furrowed her brows slightly. “No, I don’t believe so. I think I would have remembered you if we had. But then, I have been all over most of the world in my work so we may have met in passing. My apologies if that is so and I’ve forgotten, I’d hate to offer offence.” With that, she even blushed slightly as though embarrassed by the thought.
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 19 August 2009 3:03:20pm

"Ah, no problem," Damien laughed. He looked at his watch. Five minutes before he had to meet Geneve in his office. "Well, as delightful as this conversation has been, I must excuse myself." He smiled as he walked out the door. What a nice lady. Still, though. Something bothered him. He knew that he'd met her before, but he couldn't put his finger on it. Shrugging, he walked back to his classroom, and entered.

[You can choose whether Geneve is in there or not already.]
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 20 August 2009 1:02:38pm

Geneve dropped off her things at the common room where most of her peers were gathering after school. She noticed a few sideways glances, but she chose to ignore them. She was actually excited about learning more about potions. The chance to have extra tutoring for free was such a priveleged. She frowned as she remembered her mother complaining when she asked to be tutored for mathematics. "They are so expensive! You don't need them, Geneve! Can't your teacher help you with that?" It was so embarrassing. But now, she didn't even have her mother around. She had no money to her name, and she shuddered at the thought of what was going to happen to her when school was finished for the year. Where would they send her? She had no family to stay with. She would take whatever kindness was offered to her and make sure she reaped the benefits. As she entered Professor Nomare's office, she imagined where she would like to be the most.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Thursday 20 August 2009 3:12:56pm

Damien looked up and smiled as Geneve entered the room. "Nice to see you again," he said. He pointed at a desk, saying "Sit there."

Geneve complied, and as she did, Damien rummaged through his desk. Finding what he was looking for, he pulled out two gloves of dragon skin. Not only was dragon skin highly resistant to magic, but these gloves were enchanted with several charms to protect the wearer. One could never be too careful.

"Geneve, catch," he called, throwing the gloves over to her.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 21 August 2009 3:54:49am

Geneve caught the gloves and turned them over, admiring the shiny scales and soft texture. She put them on and then looked up at Professor Nomare, who was still organising supplies.
"What are we doing today, Professor?" she stood up, forgetting herself, and joined her professor at his desk. He was pulling out bottles with the most wonderful coloured liquids and powders.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Friday 21 August 2009 2:16:48pm

Damien looked up. "I thought I told you to sit down." Geneve immediately sat down, embarrassed that she forgot.

Damien smiled. "Now get up and come look over here."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 21 August 2009 2:35:21pm

Geneve smiled, appreciating the power allocating. It was so paternal. She approached the desk again. Professor Nomare had set up a small cauldron and bunson burner to keep the liquid within hot. She stared into the liquid, which was oddly still for having heat underneath. No bubbles rose, not even the sound of the liquid particles starting to move. To the left of the cauldron were the beautiful coloured liquids and powders in test tubes with stoppers in them, and some larger bottles with dried animal parts such as eyes, tails, skin and hair. Any other girl her age would no doubt be ill from the look of them, but Geneve was delighted. Looking at all the ingredients, she then looked at Professor Nomare. "Can I please try guessing what it is we're doing today?" she smiled almost wickedly as she said this.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Friday 21 August 2009 3:07:10pm

Damien smiled again. The girl was at home in Potions. She would definitely grow up to be an expert potioneer. Her love for the subject was obvious. "Ok then, take a guess."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 21 August 2009 4:05:39pm

Geneve scanned the supplies, walking up and down in front of the desk. "May I?"she asked, looking up. Professor Nomare knodded. She picked up the bottles, pulled the stopper out of one and carefully waved her hand over it, allowing the scent to come to her nose. She sealed it again, put it down, scanned the items again and then said, "It's some kind of binding potion. Used to slow something down, so it can't grow or continue... I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the names are yet.." Geneve snapped her fingers, searching for the right words.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Friday 21 August 2009 4:19:16pm

"Wolfsbane potion," Damien finished. "It suppresses the transformation of werewolves. It is an extremely difficult potion to make. Most adult wizards are incapable of making it, themselves."

Geneve looked excited. "And I get to make it today?"

Damien looked directly at her. "Are you nuts? No. Definitely not today. It is true that you are good, but you haven't the proper notes. No, I want for you to simply list the ingrediants, and write down three possible ways to prepare the potion."

"But what are these gloves for?" Geneve cried out in protest.

"Are you arguing with me?" Damien asked sternly. "Do what I've just asked, and then I'll tell you what the gloves are for."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 21 August 2009 4:23:19pm

Geneve groaned and then sat down. She pulled her chair closer to the desk where she picked up a parchment and a quill and started to write the ingredients. She continued to assess them, lifting them up and looking closely. She wrote down her three methods. She waited for the ink to dry before rolling it up and passing it to PRoffessor Nomare. She stretched and looked at the clock in the corner. It was so late! She yawned. "I think I should be getting back to my common room, but I haven't had dinner. Where are the kitchens again? You said you would show me?"'
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Sunday 23 August 2009 9:11:22am

"Hold on, hold on, don't you want to use the gloves today?" Damien asked.

Geneve immediately perked up, completely forgetting any thoughts of being tired. She would finally get to do something with potions. It would be so awesome! "Guess what you get to do with the gloves tomorrow!"

"What?!" Geneve almost screamed, she was so excited.

"YOU GET TO RETRIEVE HIPOGRIFF DUNG FOR ME TOMORROW!" Damien yelled in a mock-happy tone.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 23 August 2009 9:17:28am

Geneve started to laugh. "Well I guess it's better than pulling hairs off unicorn tails!" she said between unstoppable giggles. Her eyes were watering. She sat back in her chair, laughing some more. These were going to be some funny sessions.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Saturday 5 September 2009 11:42:56am

"Ok," Damien laughed. "Let's go get you dinner." Damien showed Geneve the kitchens, where they were both graciously given a meal by Kreacher.

Then, when they reached the Slytherin entrance, Damien turned to Geneve, and said. "Tomorrow, at the same time, ok?" The girl nodded, and then went into the common room.

Turning back, Damien went to his office. The day had been relatively productive. He wondered what tomorrow would be like... "Oh, well," he yawned as he fell asleep.
salemboy

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area