RPG: The Muggle-Wizard War

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

RPG: The Muggle-Wizard War

Postby Q.Araignee » Wednesday 2 September 2009 12:21:42pm

The Muggle-Wizard War

Dumbledore was a great man, a truly great man. He taught love, compassion, and respect. He believed that Muggles should be treated equally to Wizards, and always defended them. Yet, he still believed in the idea that the Wizarding World and the Muggle World should be kept separate. There is a group of Wizards, Dumbledore's Army, named after the very group of freedom fighters during Umbridge's Tyranny over Hogwarts. They misinterpreted Dumbledore's words, and believe that Muggles are superior to Wizards. They believe that the fact that Muggles do not rule over Wizards is a crime against humanity. They revealed the Wizarding world to the Muggle world, the first act of doing so by assassinating the Minister of Magic, Harry Potter. Then they convinced the Muggles to declare war on the Wizarding World, by manipulating them in to believing Wizards were evil, and that Dumbledore's Army was the only group that managed to escape the Oppression. Now, with Harry Potter dead, the Wizarding World in chaos, and the Muggles declaring war on Wizards, how much worse could it get? Note: I will be writing a fanfic that shows how it leads up to the Assassiation, and the War.

The start of this RPG is set in September 2030

Many thanks to salemboy for creating this RPG scenario.

If you would like to join this RPG, please create a character through this link
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Re: RPG: The Muggle-Wizard War

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 2 September 2009 2:37:36pm

Ryu walked down the street of the town, feeling all of the stores bear down on him. Muggles were crowding all over the entire area, many of them gossiping and talking about the newscast. Almost all the televisions were turned on to the newscast, which revealed Wizards to Muggles... still he needed to see somebody, and was willing to take the risk. Besides, he was dressed like a muggle, and none of them were suspecting him a wizard.

Dumbledore's Army... they had to ruin everything. Killing Harry Potter, revealing Wizarding existance, and for the first time ever, uniting the world... just so that they could declare war on Wizards... This was not good... The British Ministry was in shambles, and even the other ministries were feeling the effects of the loss. Already, the American Ministry was moving its headquarters all over the place, trying to evade muggle police and military. The Japanese ministry was hidden well, but they were having a hard time keeping D.A. members from apparating there.

Turning abruptly, Ryu entered a small shop titled, "The Dragon's Fire." Flame, Ryu's dragon, was flying high above the town, way above the clouds. Ryu looked around the store. It was a dank and musky area, with a door in the back. Walking through the door, he entered a hallway. At the very end, an old man was sitting in a chair.

It was Tomo. He spoke first, "You're a wizard too, huh?"

Ryu sighed. "As was Damien. Listen to me, Tomo-"

"NO, YOU LISTEN!!! I SAW THE BROADCAST, I KNOW ALL ABOUT IT! YOU AND YOUR PEOPLE... YOU'RE FILTHY!!!" Ryu was shocked to hear his old friend speak to him that way.

Ryu sighed. "That broadcast was a lie. We have not decieved you. We are not your enemies. I have been your friend since Damien introduced us. Damien had been your friend since he joined the order. Please, listen to me. That wizarding group is manipulating you, you and the rest of the muggles."

Tomo gave into reason. "Why, though?"

Ryu shook his head. "It's a long story. But, for now, we have to go to Britain. They need all the help they can get."

Tomo nodded. "How will we get there?"

Ryu smirked. "You ever heard of Apparation?"
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Wednesday 2 September 2009 6:56:13pm

Shayla stood up from the strawberry bush she was stooped over weeding, to stretch. She reached her arms back to touch behind her, then bent over to touch her toes, straightening up with a sigh. It was a nice day. The sun was shining, it was only marginally chilly, and the damp soil felt nice against her feet. Deciding that she'd had enough of tending the garden for the day, Shayla walked back to her small cottege, humming quietly to herself.
The cottage was a spartan affair, sparsely furnished with unstained wood furniture, with only the occasional squashy armchair. It had two stories, one the kitchen/sitting room, the other the bedroom and storage area. The outhouse was separate, and though Shayla could have magically given herself a beautiful bathroom in the house, she didn't. Out of habit from her days of hiding from Voldemort's regime, Shayla used as little magic as possible, mostly only for food and cleaning. A dirty house was something Shayla just could not tolerate.
Leaning against the sink with a glass of water in her hand, Shayla wondered for perhaps the seventh time that day if maybe she should move into a place a bit roomier, closer to other people. Though only fifty, Shayla thought of herself as being very old, time seeming to pass slowly in the forested glade she called home. She hadn't seen another human being in... well, a long time. More and more lately she found herself wondering what was going on in the outside world... But no, there were more important things to worry about, like picking the apples before they dropped and rotted from the trees... Yes, that was what she'd focus on, not what might or might not be going on in the British Wizarding World.... Shayla finished her glass of water, grabbed a basket, and headed out to apple-pick.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 3 September 2009 2:24:17pm

Kiara Quinn pushed at her hair and pinched her cheeks like she always did before she got on camera. She positioned herself at the shattered brick wall that revealed behind it the latest discovery of what was known in the media as "Hidden Wizard Elements". There were so many things happening right under their noses. Wizards and witches living among them in houses charmed to look like they weren't there. They could walk around un noticed if they wanted to, and the things they could do to harm you were unspeakable. Unspeakable to everyone but Kiara Quinn, who was a reporter for CNN. The latest scoop had landed her a flight to London where a wizarding market place had been found. She was attending to cover the story.
"Okay Jack, now make sure you get that into the screen? Ready, count me in." The camera man help his hand up and counted down on his fingers, 3, 2, 1 and pointed to Kiara.
"Good evening. I am live on location where police have uncovered yet another Hidden Wizard Element. A market place... " Kiara started to walk over the cobblestones, her high heels catching in the ancient looking blocks of stone. She looked down occassionally to watch her step. She came up to a shop and stopped in front of it.
"Here we have been informed is where the wizards and witches buy and sell their potions and equipment that they have been using against human kind. It is said that this very shop is the location of the poison that has caused the British Prime Minister to be, as the delegates of Dumbeldore's army call it, 'confunded'. " Kiara articulated the last word. She crossed the road, Jack following her with expert skill. "The shop owners of this marketplace have been rounded up by police, but some of tried to escape. Using the technology provided by Dumbeldore's army to trace the magical escape technique of 'Disaaparation', the police are tracking several wizards including those responsible for wand making and fortune telling. These are dangerous criminals and should be continued armed and dangerous. " Kiara approached a man on the street. "Sir, how do you feel about this new discover of yet another Hidden Wizard Element?" The man turned and looked at Kiara, and then the camera.
"Overwhelmed, I'm sure!" He exclaimed in a suitable british accent. Kiara winked at Jack off the screen, accenting her approval of their interviewee. "I can't believe this has been here all this time! I go to the pub just over there! And i never would have thought. They have us all under their spells and I bet they've put something in our water too!"
"Do you think so? So perhaps they have been plotting all this time and could even have head quarters elsewhere with more such places of business?" Kiara probed.
The man's eyes widened. "Oh yes! I'm sure they do! Oh! What will we do?!" The man took his hat off and wrung it in his hands. Kiara put her hand on the man's shoulder and he nearly started to cry. "We are all scared for our lives, indeed. So far, authorities all over the world are being given important communications regarding the whereabouts of such places as these. Soon ,they will all be revealed. Each country has a united plan of attack, thanks to the United nations. All wizard and witch activity and foundation must be reported and undone, for the safety of us all. The call to register is occuring in every major city of the globe. And rewards are being offered should you have any information. Please call. This is Kiara Quinn, CNN News, London."
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Sunday 6 September 2009 3:29:07pm

Ryu apparated with Tomo in a crowded room, with hundreds of witches and wizards, who were quietly whispering amongst themselves. They paid no notice to Ryu, nor to Tomo, as the two made their way through the crowd.

The room they were in was an old theater, which had been decomissioned many years earlier. The old artwork on the walls and ceiling was chipped and faded, revealing a lack of care for many years.

Ryu guided Tomo to a small door next to the stage, and entered through it, leading Tomo down a wooden hallway. It was generally deserted except for one or two wizards standing at doors along the hall. "Ryu," Tomo whispered. "Who're all these wizards?"

Ryu didn't slow down as they took a turn to go up a flight a stairs. "They're members of my order, The White Dragon." Walking from the flight of stairs, they entered another door to a small room. There were no windows in it, and was lit by a small candle at the desk of the man inside.

Bowing deeply, Ryu told the man, "Master Yakyu, I have brought him." The man at the desk looked up, revealing his aged face. His white hair fell down past his shoulders, his eyes had the look of one who had not slept in ages, and his lips were chapped and worn.

"Thank you, Ryu. Please, close the door behind you." As Ryu complied, Yakyu motioned for Tomo to take a seat. Ryu then stood next to his friend as Yakyu began to speak. "Tomo, do you know what I am?"

"A wizard," Tomo answered without thinking.

Yakyu smiled. "Yes, I am a wizard. But, first and foremost, I am a man, much like you. Yes, I am capable of fantastic feats, but I am still but a man. Just like how Damien is a man, and how Ryu is one as well. Do you not agree?"

Tomo knew not how to answer. Yakyu saw his uncertainty. "You have a hard time believing me. You are angry, because we have deceived you. You are scared, because you don't know what we are capable of. And, lastly, you are confused, because you are torn between believing what the news is saying about us, and what you know from having met us. Is this not true?"

Tomo sighed. "It is, sir."

Yakyu leaned forward. "Then let me calm your anger, as if we had let you know, it would have resulted in your anger that we never help you with our amazing abilities. Let me quiet your fears, for we can assure you that while our abilities can be used for evil, it can also be used for great good. And let me clear your confusion. We have been set up and wrongly shown as blood-thirsty animals by the media. But the muggles are not to blame, as the real culprits are Dumbledore's Army. We must stop them at all costs."

"But, how?"

Yakyu's face turned serious, his voice grew hard. "The D.A. and muggles have taken Diagon Alley, a key strategic area. It is necessary that we retake it at all costs, as it contains not only most of the supplies for British Wizards, but also contains thousands of untold secrets within Gringotts."

"But-"

"Yes, Muggles will die if they fight. But this is something we must do. If muggles breach some of the vaults within Gringotts, they will be worse off than they have ever been before. I wish that this could be avoided, but, as you already know, we are at war."

Tomo hung his head, resignedly. Ryu was saddened. The man had to see his own people killed, and he didn't know it, yet. But he would help. Not with this battle, but with battles to come.

"Come, Tomo," Ryu told him. "You must rest. And I must prepare." Then he two left the room

"Ryu?" Tomo asked him.

"Yes?" Ryu replied.

"How long do you think this war will last." The two walked down another hall and into a room.

"I don't know, Tomo. I don't know."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 7 September 2009 4:06:19pm

Kiara flinched as more explosions went off inside the Wizarding Market, known as Diagon Alley. The army had moved in now, and it was a constant battle between local and federal authorities. The world was at war and it was not just the magical verses the non magical. The political storm caused by this new power struggle was evident to all people, politically minded or not. Kiara preferred to stay out of all that. She wanted the pictures, the gore and the reality that was, as the war terms go, "At the front."

"I'm going to go and take a closer look inside. " she said to her camera man, and tapped her necklace to indicate that she was coverered should there be any footage to capture.

Kiara waited beside the barracade where the alley went on and around a corner and when the time was right, she ducked under the tape and made her way deeper into Diagon Alley.

She looked around at the shop windows and could not make out what sort of shops they were. The windows were blackened from the fires and explosions. She stepped up to one shop that looked like it had once been a book shop. It had been forceably entered, and by the look of the place it had been ransacked. The shelves were pushed over and there were piles of books all torn and and laying on their backs. Kiara's heart ached for a moment; she had a soft spot for books. She went over to one and picked it up.

"Standard Book of Spells..." she said, turning it over to look at the cover. She started to leaf through the book, when she noticed a trap door under the pile of books. She bent down and started pushing the books off of the door. Then, when they were all out of the way, she listened. She tapped back to the door in her high heels and then removed them and crept back. She sat down and waited, watching the old fashioned latch on the trap door.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 8 September 2009 1:37:36pm

Ryu left Tomo in his room, where he would be safe for the moment, and walked down the hall. Over the years, his order had been adding to the complex. Heading down two flights of stairs, Ryu found himself below ground level. The hallway was concrete, with grime growing on the walls. Witch's and Wizards were flowing through it, some on the way to the battle in Diagon Alley, others on their way to do other stuff.

As Ryu walked past one doorway, he could hear the screams and moans of the injured as they were treated, and the cries and sobs of those who had lost a loved one. He pitied them. The only friend he had ever lost was Damien, and he hadn't died. He had run away with the love of his life. He had left to be happy. These people, on the other hand, had lost their loved ones in the most gruesome ways.

He continued down the hall, as the dead and injured were being dragged to the infirmary. Taking a left at a doorway, Ryu entered his room. It was a small room, with one twin-sized bed, currently occupied by Yui, with a small luggage case for his spare clothing. In the ceiling was a trap door, in case they were overrun and they needed to escape.

Yui was awake, reading a book, Inkheart. She looked up as Ryu closed the door. "How is Tomo," she asked.

Ryu smiled. "It could have been-" A tapping on the trap door made him pause. Somebody was above them. Yui immediately grabbed out her wand and readied herself as if it were instinct. Nodding to her, Ryu raised his wand. Then, using as much force as possible, he slammed the trap door open and came up, aiming his wand at whoever was there.

It was a muggle woman. Before she could do anything, Ryu yelled, "Petrificus Totalus!"

[It's your muggle, Distortia]
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 9 September 2009 1:46:28pm

The trap door flew open with so much force and speed that Kiara didn't see it coming. She stood up scrambled to stand up and take cover, but she felt something force her to stop. She had never been attacked with magic before, and the sensation was so strange. She was unable to move, so much so that her whole body went rigid and even her mouth sealed shut. She was unable to blink too. She fell like a tree being chopped down, and lay motionless and frozen on her back. She was terrified; all she could do was listen as her attacker crawled out of the trap door space, and approached her. His feet hit the floorboards loudly, and she knew from the sound that it must be a large person. That person came around her and his shadow fell on her as he stood in front of the smashed window, blocking the light. She could not look at him; her eyes were frozen in a gaze at the roof. The man crouched down and looked into her face. She could see he was Japanese, and his eyes were very dark. He was concentrating, the look on his face was one of concern and irritation. He brought his hand up and in it was a long, thin, polished stick. A wand. Kiara's eyes must have shown her fear, because the man brought his other hand up in a motion to show her he meant no more harm. His head turned, looking over her body. He reached out and ran his hands up her sides, pressing and proding as he went. He moved all the way up to her armpits and moved his hands under her chest. She was so angry, but he kept on, checking her thoroughly. Then he stood up and backed up. Kiara wa sure at that point that she was done for.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 9 September 2009 1:52:00pm

Snatching the camera from the muggle, he crushed it in his hands. Then he called to Yui. "Help me with this." Picking the muggle up with Yui's help, Ryu carried the muggle down through the trap door. Then, once all three of them were inside, he closed the trap door and sealed it shut with a spell.

He conjured a wooden armchair, and placed the muggle in it, strapping her in with leather ties. After making sure that she was securely fastened, he undid his spell. Then he stood silent, allowing for the muggle to speak first.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 9 September 2009 2:07:59pm

Kiara slumped in the chair and was almost sick from the reannimation of her body. Her head fell between her knees. She gasped and then sat up, flicking her hair out of her face.
"How dare you ruin my equipment! That was very expensive!" she spat, deciding she would play as brave as she could. The man had destroyed the camcorder that was in her pocket; it was very thin, a little like a cel phone. She still had her necklace, and with her hands bound, she puffed out her chest so as to get the stone to focus on the two people in the room. A man, and a woman, and both watched her with a bored expression.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 9 September 2009 2:22:41pm

Idiotic woman. She really had no idea what she was doing. "I destroyed your equipment," Ryu began, "Because you muggle newstations are very irritating. And watch your tone," he snapped. "I might be forgiving, but my wife here, she's very willing to kill you in a split-second." That was a lie. His wife was as forgiving as, if not more than, Ryu was.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 9 September 2009 2:32:24pm

Kiara turned to look at the woman and gave her a once over with her eyes. Kiara was fit enough to fight, but she decided not to underestimate these people. They could use that 'spell' on her and it would all be over in a flash. She thought to herself, if she couldn't hear them say it, could it still harm her? What was it again... she mouthed it. "Avada...." she couldn't remember it , but she knew what it was. It meant instant death. She had seen it in action, and it was terrifying. "what are you going to do with me?" she asked.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Thursday 10 September 2009 2:15:13pm

Ryu thought carefully about this. What were they going to do with her? They couldn't release her, she knew about the trap door... He and Yui turned and conversed quietly in Japanese.

"What should we do?" he asked.

"I don't know. She's not a soldier. She doesn't know anything," Yui replied.

"Should we take her hostage?"

Yui waved her hand as she seemingly swatted the idea away. "No. That will only fuel the idea that we're barbaric warmongers." She paused. "No, we need somebody well-known on our side. We'll take her prisoner, but we'll try to convince her of our cause... We'll room her with Tomo, have some guards outside."

Ryu thought about it. What if she convinced Tomo that the Wizards were evil? Would he be able to convince her of what was true? Of course, but it would probably take a while. Besides, what other choice did they have. They didn't exactly have a proper prison to put the woman in.

"Ok," he replied. They turned back to the woman. "You're going to come with us," he said stiffly as he undid the leather bands. Then, hoisting her up by the arm, Ryu began escorting the woman to Tomo's room, where they would leave her for the time being.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 11 September 2009 10:01:05am

"Hey! Not so rough! Let GO!" Kiara pulled herself free and straightened up so she could walk on her own. The man allowed it for a moment, and it was all the time Kiara needed. She bolted, pushing her way past the woman, through the door and into the hallway. A quick assessment, a split second decision and she chose to run right as fast as she could. The hall was dark for a while and then she noticed some light. She nearly fell over as she tried to stop. She brought her hand up to her necklace, making sure it was working, as she beheld the infirmary, filled with people with every kind of injury. She stood in the open doorway un noticed, and was in awe at the techniques they were using to heal their sick and injured. A woman was helping a man with his arm which was turned in a horrible direction. She simply put her 'wand' up and muttered some spell, and it contourted back to it's original form. And a woman who was bleeding so badly the whole bed was soaked and her skin had gone white was being cared for by a very young man, probably 12 or 13, and he was chanting something over her. The blood stained sheets started to turn white again, as the blood started to move off of it as if the flow was going backwards. Kiara's mouth dropped open. Behind her she felt something sharp press into her neck. She ventured a statement. "You can heal yourselves from any injury. " she turned slowly, and the man was there, keeping his wand pointed at her. "But it wouldn't be so uneven, if wizards were convinced to fight wizards. That's what this Dumbledore's army is trying to do, even up the odds? And if they do fight each other, there are ways that injury would be more permanent. Impossible to heal. That ... Avarda Kadarva spell..." As Kiara said it she knew she had made a mistake, but she would say anything to get a story.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Friday 11 September 2009 10:17:21am

Ryu grimaced. Not once had ever even muttered the words of that horrific spell. "It's the killing curse," he said harshly. Grabbing the woman by the arms, he pinned her to the wall and bound her wrists with leather straps. "And if you run away again, I will not hesitate to knock you out."
salemboy

Next

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area