The Shadow

Create a character and join in with the tales from an unbounded range of other universes. All are welcome to enjoy the fun, whether you're totally new or experienced in online role playing. Good luck and enjoy the interactive stories.

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

The Shadow

Postby Paul » Sunday 6 December 2009 9:38:58pm

The Shadow

Many years ago people started to evolve into super humans. They developed powers great and terrible. Many of these evolved people were using their powers to do evil things. People became scared and called on the governments of the world to do something. The leaders of the world had a group formed called the light. Named for the face that they were to purify the human race of the evil things the light began to kill the evolved humans. Many of the wiser super humans were pleading with the world saying that they should not all be killed but no one listened. Finally the super humans made one last effort to save themselves and left the earth. The light killed all the ones that would not leave and the world was a peace again. Now the problem arises that the new generations where evolving and many where being killed by the light when their powers became known. In order to protect the future of their race the evolved humans who had left the world sent a select few back in order to create a secret organization to protect themselves from the light. They call themselves the shadow because they work in secret and counter the light. It is a very difficult job but the future of the super human race depends on the shadow's success. Now another problem arises. A new group has formed. Now a group of super humans who wish not to protect the other super humans but to recruit them. This new group, called Ursa Major, wish to eradicate the normal humans. The light has been using this new group as justification for there genocide of the evolved humans. The shadow does not like the goals of Ursa Major and wish to stop them just as much as they wish to stop the light.

The start of this RPG is set in May 2012

Many thanks to FortisUmbra for creating this RPG scenario.

If you would like to join this RPG, please create a character through this link.
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Re: The Shadow

Postby FortisUmbra » Monday 7 December 2009 11:10:11pm

Mathew was sitting on a park bench under a tree. The rain had started as drizzle but was now coming down hard. He was glad that he had brought the thick black trench coat witch he was presently wearing. He looked around waiting. He was hoping that the man he was waiting for would arrive soon; to be honest he just hoped that he would arrive. This was Mathew’s first real assignment and he didn’t want to mess it up. He had just recently come to work for the shadow. He had been so excited that he had joined right after graduating high school.

He missed the other planet, it rained less there. He could also use his powers whenever he wanted; here it attracted a lot of negative attention if not used tactfully. The negative attention had gotten a lot worse after Ursa Major had started going around killing all those innocent people. Mathew wasn’t too fond of the normal people but he didn’t think they deserved to die.

Mathew suddenly stood up. He saw a small women walking across the park. He could barely make her out in the dense rain but he had a good feeling that it was his assignment. She would be very dangerous if Ursa Major found out about her but he was sure they didn’t know. From what he understood they still didn’t have a clairvoyant and that was good because the Shadow had five.

As she approached Mathew stepped forward. He said in a quite slightly conspiratorial voice “So have you thought about my offer?”

“Yes,” she said her face hidden by the hood of her rain jacket. “I think I’ll take your offer. I have been being followed closely for the last four days by the light and I’m quite frightened.”

“That’s a very good decision.” He smiled to himself. This was easy. He held up his hand to his left and an elliptical bright blue ring appeared to his left. The ring was about the same height as he was and about half a foot wider on each side. In the middle of the ring was the image of a bright room. All that could be seen of the room was the fire place but it looked warm and inviting. A man was standing there and turned suddenly.

“Oh good.” He said smiling broadly. He reached his hand out through the portal. The woman accepted it and walked through the portal herself followed closely by Mathew.

This job is great Mathew thought to himself, but he had not heard the stories of the other agents. The horrible things they had witnessed. Mathew had also not been told what the clairvoyants where predicting. Something so terrible that it would have Mathew considering opening a portal and going straight back home.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 16 December 2009 7:06:55am

Jonathan Deis woke up with a start and looked at the clock on his bedside table. 630am. He groaned. He didn't have to get up for hours. He was so tired of waking up at the same time every morning. But this time, it wasn't just his mind that was knocking him out of his dreams. He noticed someone standing at the door.

"Happy Birthday son." a tall, grey haired but very fit looking man in a business suit and tie said to him from his bedroom door. Jon sat up. His father was holding two packages.

"Hey dad. Thanks." he said with a croak. He had not used his voice yet and the room was so dry. He dad entered the room.

"I come bearing gifts!" he said jokingly. His father didn't joke usually, but it was nice that he was trying. He layed one on Jon's lap. "This one first." he said quietly. Jon opened it obidently. It was a long box, and inside it was a long, black jacket that buttoned to the neck, and probably hung right to the floor. Jon smiled.

"it's perfect. I like this sort of thing. Oh ya, it's Guess too. Cool." Jon was a big fan of designer clothing.

"And now.. this one." he said, and handed the other package to him. Jon opened it too, a smaller box, and heavier. "It's from your mom. She.. wanted you to have it on your 16th birthday."

Jon paused when he heard this, looking at his father. His dad did not take his eyes off the box. Jon continued to open the box, and within it were assortments of keepsakes. A ring, diamond and ruby and safire; some shells, a little tube of perfume, a few oregami swans and other treasures. A little card was inside, addressed to 'my son, Jonathan'. Jon lifted it up, and opened it up. He read it.

"What did she say?" his father asked Jon.

Jon paused for a moment. He felt his eyes welling up, and then he said. "It says; these are for you, my dearest. Always remember me." Jon closed the box with the card inside. He looked up at his father. "I think I'll get dressed. Are you going to work?"

His father searched Jon's face for a long moment. "your mother did love you very much. I'm sorry you couldnt' know her. I'll leave now, and see you tonight for your birthday party." he leaned in and kissed his son on the head. "have a good day at school." And he left the room.

Jon waited until he was sure his father was gone, then he fumbled and opened the box again. He pulled out the card and stared at it. It didn't say what he had told his father, it said; "Keep what you have a secret, or he will destroy you." Jon's breathing was fast, and the bedside table started to shake.

"No." he said to it, and it stopped. He kept breathing heavily, frightened, and reached out to the bathroom. The taps within turned and steam from the hot water in the shower billowed out the door. He brought his hand down and sighed.

"Right." his mother was speaking of his father, a general for the organisation called THE LIGHT. And sure as he was 16 today, he would be killed if his father knew that his bloodline now had super human dirt in it. Jon realised that his mother was probably super human too, but he hoped that her death was a tragic accident. He hoped with all his heart. He jumped out of bed, hid the box, and got ready for school.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 16 December 2009 8:16:50am

A thick, heavy rain was falling over Spotsylvania Battlefield, Virginia. Deep, piercing torrents of rain drilled unceasingly onto everything, soaking the ground into a giant mud-puddle. Animals were hidden away, trying to take cover from the neverending downpour. Lightning streaked across the sky, illuminating the bare field like a photo-frame. Animals scurrying for cover froze where they were at as the bolt revealed their locations, before flashing back into the dreary gloominess of the rain. A deep, rolling thunder split across the battlefield, like a loud drum, deafening the ears of those who heard it.

Two of those ears belonged to Hakan Grosber. Not so much as twitching, he leaned against a tree, feeling the booming thunder rock his senses, deafen his hearing, only for his body to immediately repair the damage. The coursing water flowed past him down the hill towards the bottom, where temporary rivers were being formed. Drilling against his body, the rainwater soaked through his jacket and jeans, drenching him to the bone while the wind howled past him.

Tucking into a hollow in the tree, Hakan tried as best he could to shield himself from the ravages of the storm. The tree above him creaked and swayed as the wind worked its hardest to topple it, and everything else, over. Swearing, he tried to remember why he was even here in the first place. "Ummm..." No thoughts came to mind. He'd simply wanted to check out some history. "Of course, I could have just gone to a museum." But then the Light would have been there. That wouldn't have been good.

"How is it even storming this hard in MAY?" he yelled out to nobody in particular, his voice being drowned out by the wind.

"The world just hates you, Hakan," a voice came from behind. Looking up, Hakan saw that it was Yuki. She was wearing a yellow poncho that was wrapped tightly around her clothing. She sat down next to him, trying to keep her long black hair from whipping in her face.

Snorting, Hakan replied, "At least you came prepared."

"And that's why the world hates you, and not me." Yuki smiled. "Want to go to Florida next time we decide to go on a trip?"

"Definitely."
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby FortisUmbra » Wednesday 16 December 2009 9:46:31pm

“Get up.” Roger said to Mathew.

Mathew had been lying on the floor holding his gut and moaning slightly. Roger was Mathews new temporary Partner and they were practicing hand to hand combat. Roger had gust hit Mathew in the gut like he had managed to do almost every time they had ever fought.

Mathew stood up glaring at Roger and said “Would you like to use our abilities now?”

A smile crossed Rogers’s arrogant face. Mathew was betting that Roger didn’t know what Mathew’s power was but Mathew knew perfectly well. He had sneaked into the room where the files where kept and looked Roger up the moment he had found that they where to be partners until the next rotation, which was one month for the new agents.

The two of them turned their backs and stood ten feet from each other. They each counted to three and turned around to face the other.

As Roger did this he reached out his hand and released a large amount of acrid green smoke. The smoke was swirling around the room and Mathew just had time to fall though a portal had had made at his feet. Coming out directly behind Roger Mathew gave him a shove, shocking Roger quite a lot. Roger went through a portal that Mathew had created in front of him. This portal lead to another one near the ceiling resulting in roger falling all the way from the 9 foot height ceiling to the floor. Roger, not having been prepared for this, landed on his legs but collapsed, mostly unharmed.

After the smoke, which roger had fallen in, had cleared Mathew walked up to him. But before William had time to antagonize Roger their boss walked in.

Looking around he raised an eyebrow but said only “I have an assignment for you to. Come with me to the briefing room.” Mathew and Roger followed obediently and left the room following their superior wondering what they were to do this time.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 17 December 2009 5:00:38pm

"Jon." The voice was distant, but familar. Jonathan's head was swimming with all that had been happening to him leading up to his birthday. He tried to deny it, tried to ignore it, and tried to surpress it, but the results were always the same. It was very important that he not let his emotions get out of control in any way, or he would blow the pathetic cover he was trying to maintain already. Being Super Human at Stratford Hall just didn't happen. It was an elite school, proud, as his family was, about being completely 'human.' Jon shivered. He tried hard not to be paranoid but he had a funny feeling he was being watched just the same. Something small knocking him across his ear broke his train of thought. He turned around to face his attacker.

From behind a pair of round lensed glasses curtained with thick, wavy brown hair came a look of sheer annoyance. The girl raised her hand and mouthed "What's the matter with you?" This girl was Jennifer Augair, and sometimes Jonathan was sure she had her own personal window into his head. She could tell there was something wrong, but he just scowled at her and mouthed "Nothing!" He turned back around before they could get busted by the teacher. The bell rang at the moment. A whole hour over, and Jon had not heard a thing. He gathered up his things and made for the door, but Jennifer intercepted him.

"Look at you! You're a mess." she frowned as she stood in front of him, blocking his way through the rows of desks. She ruffled his dark brown hair and then stared into his face. His green eyes had noticeable circles under them. "And you haven't been sleeping again. Are you really that freaked out about your birthday?" Jennifer pouted. She loved it when it was someones birthday. But Jon was not as outgoing as she was. He was grateful she did all the exhibitionist stuff, and he could just stay in the shadows.

"It's not that. " he said.

"So... what is it?" Jennifer pushed.

"He's just sad that he doesn't have a boyfriend yet." Jonathan's stomach pushed into his throat when her heard Andrew Thomas's voice from the open classroom door. He turned and rolled his eyes at his classmate. The boy was freakishly tall for his age, and stockier than Jon, but Jon was much more athletic than him. Andrew was well groomed as were all the students at Stanford Hall, with wavy blonde hair and

"Get lost Andrew." Jonathan said as strongly as he could.

"Get lost Andrew!" Andrew mocked in a high pitched voice. "You know your voice is never going to break. Whatever will you do? I suppose you'll have to marry Jennifer Airhead here because no one else will have you."

"You're such an idiot Andrew." Jennifer shouted at the boy.

"Shut up Airhead!" Andrew shouted back. Their teacher had long gone, rushing to the labs. Jon felt his pulse increasing. Beside him, one of the desks started to shake.

"Now you listen to me. I want what's mine, and I want it before the end of the day. " he pointed a thick finger at Jon. Jon inhaled and breathed out slowly.

"That prize.... is rightfully MINE." Jon emphasised. Control it, Jon pleaded with himself.

"You are a lying, cheating, sack of cow cr*p, Jonathan Deis. The only reason why you go to this school is because your Daddy is on the board." Jon gripped the desk beside him. But Andrew wasn't finished. "You couldn't do a science experienment if your life depended on it. That prize was mine, but seeing as your name is already on the plaque, I'll just take the prize money. TODAY." Andrew pressed his finger on the door pointedly, and turned to leave.

Jon stood there for a moment but he could not contain himself any longer. He looked at Jenny and could only utter one word. "Run." And he started toward her, pushing her out of the way as the desk behind him spontaneously combused and burst into flames. He pushed her to the floor, then rolled to the right and sat up, staring back at the desk. He reached out his hand and drew water from the sprinkler system in the roof. The water rained down on the classroom, and the fire was out within seconds. Jenny and Jonathan sat on the floor, staring at the remains of the desk.

"H....how..." she stuttered.

"I... don't know." he said. "All I do know now, is I have to go."

"No!" Jennifer said hysterically. "Wait! They'll hunt you down! What does this mean Jon???" Jennifer screamed over the steady spraying.

"I guess, it means I'll see you later." and Jon stood up and ran for the door. Outside, students were gathering as the fire alarm rang throug the halls. Jon hurried through the crowds, rushing to the exits, but when he got there, he saw them. Three Light officers immerged from their car, and Jon could hear their radio blaring "Activity detected in Staford Hall, Vancouver... alert all vehicles. Lock down suspected Super Human..." He was right to be paranoid before. of course a school for the rich and purest of blood would have detectors for paranormal activity. He cursed his lack of control, and vowed he would get better. His backpack flung over one shoulder, he went back into the school and into the front office, which had been evacuated. Inside he found a purse with keys in it. He raced back outside to the staff carpark which as deserted, as everyone was congregating on the field. He held up the security card and pressed the buttons, waiting for the answering 'beep'. It came, and Jon ran to the Mazda MX5 series 2012; cherry red. Great, what an inconspicuous car, he though. He jumped in, smacked at the charm that was hanging from the rear view mirror and started up the car. He looked over at the passenger seat and groaned. The seat covers were black with a big picture of Tinker Bell on them, and the writing on it said, "I'm no princess." Jon jammed it into reverse and pressed too hard on the excellerator, squealing out of the car space. He pushed the gear stick into first and jumped a bit. He wished he had done more practice; he would have failed his driving test if he took it today. But he kept going, sped up enough for second, third.. and he was off. Out of the car park. Onto the street, and down the road.

Jon had set his backpack on the floor, he reached over and rummaged in the front section, pulling out the little box his mother had left him. The contents spilled, but he was able to collect up the item he was after; a safe deposit key at the Chamber of Commerce. The closest bank was on Robson Road, and he was only minutes away. He kept checking his mirror, but no one persuited him. this made him very nervous. He hoped him mother had something useful for him in that box, because if he knew anything about the light, they would not stop until they had him. he wished he was not so familiar with the going ons of that organisation ,but it was in his blood. And now, his destiny was about to change.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Friday 18 December 2009 12:02:55am

Mathew and roger sat down in front of his boss with Roger to his left. “Now,” Mathew’s boss said,” there has been some activity found at a school called Stratford Hall. The boy we suspect of causing the alarm is named Jonathan Deis. We have had a tracer look into the matter and he gave us his location.” He handed Mathew a folded piece of paper. “The boy’s father works for The Light so it’s very important that we find him soon.”

“How old is he?” Mathew asked

“16 so he is old enough to live independently of his family according to our laws. Now You don’t have much time. We think The Light knows where he is so you must act fast. Now the tracer said that he is going to a bank to retrieve something and the clairvoyant we talked to thinks that it is very important for the boy to retrieve it. So Roger it will be your job to hold off the light while Mathew you need to go and get the boy. Don’t confront him until after he has retrieved what he needs but the moment he starts to leave you need to take him. Got it?”

Mathew and Roger both nodded. They needed to leave fast so Mathew stood up opened a portal and they both stepped through it. They came out near a behind a tree near a bank just as a Mazda MX5 drove into the parking lot.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 18 December 2009 6:14:31am

Jonathan shook off his school jacket and took off the school tie. Pulling the rear view mirror down so he could see himself, he fixed his hair, and then he decided that he would look better with his glasses on. Reaching into his school bag, he pulled them out and slid them on his face. From within his school backback he pulled out another bag; a black bag with silver buckles that could be worn over the shoulder. He gathered up the items that had spilled on the floor, carefully making sure he hadn't missed anything, left his text books behind, kept one notebook and some pens and his math and chemistry tools, and exited the car, Locking it.

Jonathan climbed the steps to the bank and pushed through the rotating doors. He stood still, his head down ,but he brought his glance up briefly to see if anyone had followed him or been notified that he was there. He didn't notice anyone, yet. Inside the lobby there were several old fashioned desks with leather patons around their borders. Clerks sat at each one, working on computers. Jonathan approached one of them, all the while in his mind not knowing how he was meant to get into this safe deposit box without any ID or password. He sat down.

The man across from him was young, skinny and pale. He wore glasses too, but they were narrow and made his eyes huge. He gave Jon a once over. "Can I help you?"he asked dryly. Jonathan shifted in his seat and opened his bag. The man leaned back as Jon rummaged through his bag. He grabbed the key, and handed it to the clerk.

" I need to collect the items in this Safe Deposit Box." Jon said as professionally as he could. The man turned the key in his fingers, looking at it. Jon continued. " This was given to me by my mother, Jemiah Deis. I am her son, Jonathan." The man suddenly stared at Jon and looked a bit shocked.

"You? You're Jonathan Deis? Well... why didn't you say so?!"his whole attitude changed and he stood up and shook Jon's hand. "Come, follow me." the man took him over to another clerk at the far side of the bank. A much older man, grey haired, with a kind face.

"You were right, Jeffery, he came, right on the day, just like you said!" The skinny man addressed the old man at his desk. Jeffery stood up slowly and smoothed his hair nervously.

"Of course he did. I guess today is your birthday then, Jonathan?" Jeffery said, raising his eyebrows.

Jon hesitated. "Yes... it is. I'm sixteen."

Jeffery nodded. He referred back to the skinny man. "You can go now, Seth. Thank you." And Seth nodded and returned to his desk without another word. Jeffery motioned for Jonathan to follow him down a corridor to his left.

"Come. 16 years ago these boxes were allowed to be sealed without content identity cards. But nowadays.. more and more ... people's privacy is going out the window. Whatever she left you, it's going to be a big surprise."

Jon followed the man to a room at the end of a corridor where a single desk sat in the middle. Jeffery pressed what seemed to be an invisible keypad, and then something turned and a display panel appeared on the table top.

"Come here, boy. I need identification." Jeffery prompted.

"But I don't have id. I haven't got a drivers license or a passport... Oh, what about my student card...." Jon started to go for his bag again, but Jeffery shook his head.

"No no. Not photo id. Genetic ID. " He took from a drawer a syringe, a test tube, and another long tube with a cotton swab locked inside it. He set the items on the table and then pulled out the chair. "Sit down." He said, and started preparing the needle. Jon felt himself go weak but he did what he was told. Jeffery took some blood and swapped his cheek, and put the samples onto the display screen. It beeped, and a door opened to their left.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Saturday 19 December 2009 3:04:34am

Mathew looked around at the outside of the bank and watched John go in. Roger tapped his shoulder and pointed to a discrete black car that pulled into the parking lot shortly after John did. Mathew noticed small and subtle hint that indicated that this car belonged to the light. They needed to act fast.

Whispering slightly Mathew said “You do what you can to slow them but be subtle we still need more time don’t use your power until the last minute. I’ll go in and watch him. Be careful ill come get you when I have him.” Roger nodded and head slightly to the left of the car.

Mathew fallowed the boy into the bank and watched as he was taken down a corridor by an elderly man. Mathew sat down and very discreetly made a portal directly in front of his eye that allowed his to watch what was happening in the hall that John had just gone down.

Mathew watched as John’s blood was accepted and they went through a door. Mathew then created another portal that allowed him to continue watching the boy. Mathew quickly made a portal that allowed him to check on Roger but there was no need. What ever he was doing he was doing it well, for the agents where talking to him but kept looking at the bank impatiently.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 19 December 2009 6:18:37am

Jon followed Jeffery into the vault and took a sudden breath when he saw the number of drawers stacked to the very high ceiling. There was a library ladder so that people could go up to the boxes and collect the contents. As Jon entered the room, he noticed another room to the left that had a table in it and a rubbish bin.

"That's where people can view their items in privacy." Jeffery said, as if reading Jon's mind. Jeffery looked at Jon's key again and then grabbed a remote from the bottom of the ladder and pressed a green, flashing button. The ladder moved ahead of them, and the two followed.

"Thrity four... thirty five... yet.. here it is. Three hundred and thirty eight." Jeffery climbed the ladder, opened the box and pulled out a metal container. He slotted the container into a compartment on the side of the ladder and then pressed a button on the side of the compartment. Like a mini elevator, it descended down the side of the ladder. Jon looked at the box and waited for Jeffery to come down. Jeffery released the box from the ladder and walked back with Jeffery to the private room.

"Here you go." he said, and ushered Jon in. Jon was about to go in, when something occurred to him. There were thousands of boxes in this room.. and he was the only one getting out a box today? There were at least 30 million people in this city. Jon turned around slowly to Jeffery, who was still holding the box.

"Erm. It's a slow day today, huh?" Jon mused. Jeffery paused for a moment before speaking.

"I...guess. " he shrugged. Jon noticed that Jeffery's cheeks and ears were going red.

"Fair enough. Can't be a big business day every day." Jon said, and reached out for the box. Jeffery hesitated again, and then handed him the box. "Thank you. You can close the door now." and he turned his back on Jeffery. There was a gust as Jeffery closed the door firmly behind him, and Jon reached up and locked the door from the inside.

He layed the metal box onto the table with a bang and undid the clip. Jon was presented with a card that said "Read me, Jon." in bright blue writing. The rest was covered with a white towel. He opened the card before going further. It read;

"If I am correct, you should be super human matured by now, and your power is similar to mine. Each generation inherits the gift more and more strongly. I could control the elements with my mind, but only in their raw form. I expect that if your power has grown, you should be able to control the elements wherever they are at work. This means that water, fire, wind and earth are at your advantage. You must know that you have been followed; the Light were relentless when you were a child and they are probably the same now. I hope this does not find you too late, and that the world has not fallen to one side or the other. Within this box are three items; money, a watch, and a passport. The passport has already been identified to you as it only required genetic identification. The watch must be worn at all times and the correct time must be kept. There is enough money there and a card too to keep you financed as you travel. I wish I was there with you, but I know you can do this. May you find others like yourself and stay safe and protected. Remember, keep the correct time, always.
Love, from your Mother."

Jon pulled the towel aside an saw a wad of money with a bank card attached to it. Next to that was the watch in a case, he could hear it ticking. He pulled the watch out of the case and shook it, then lifted it to his ear. It was still going strong, after 16 years. It even kept the right time. It as an old fashioned wind up watch, and he wondered for a moment, how on earth it was able to keep going if this box had not been opened in so long. Jon put the watch on, put the wad of cash into his bag, and placed the bank card and passport into his wallet. Pulling out his new jacket his father had given him, he put it on and lifted the strap of his bag over his shoulder so it sat securely. Looking around, he plotted his escape. Jon crept over to the door and unlocked it, opened it, and peered outside. Jeffery was still there.

"Let's go." he said to Jeffery, who turned suddenly. Jeffery led him silently through the vault door, to the outside room and to the cooridor leading back to the bank. Jon scanned the area, until he finally noticed them. A Light agent was sitting at the skinny man's desk, and he stood up as Jon approached. Jon stopped in spite of himself. Jeffery ran to the side of the coridor and ducked as the agent pulled out what looked like a gun. He fired it and a white light surged from it, creating a magnetic pulse down the cooridor, shattering the glass in the frames that lined it. Jon hit the deck, glass spraying over his back. What was he going to do now?
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Saturday 19 December 2009 8:31:39pm

Roger had not been able to keep the agents at bay long. They entered the bank and it didn’t take long for them to find John. The agent had fired a Magnetic Impulse gun which could be especially dangerous to evolved humans.

After the Agent had fired Roger had run into the corridor and filled the area with a blood red smoke making it impossible to see. Mathew stood up quickly and ran through a portal coming out right behind John who was lying on the floor. Mathew looking up heard one agent faint from the smoke but the other one was now wearing a gasmask had had started running at them.

Mathew reached down and pulled John to his feet. John looked rather frightened but Mathew quickly pushed him into a portal leading back to headquarters. Mathew didn’t follow him but made another portal that went directly behind Roger. He stepped through and tapped Roger on the shoulder. Roger turned around and Mathew motioned to the portal that he had just stepped through but which now lead to the same room that John was now in. they both stepped into it and were all gone before either of the agents knew what was going on.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 21 December 2009 4:18:14pm

Jon woke up with a start. He was laying face down in a very, very bright room. He groaned and rolled over; the floor was made of cold tile, and something was wet on his shoulder. He layed there, one arm shielding his eyes, the other reaching over to his shoulder. He had cut himself, and there was a bit of blood there. On the arm he was using to shielf his face, he noticed his watch, so he looked at the time and saw that only ten minutes had passed since he had set the time. He sat up, panicing as the words from his mother's note rang in his ears.
"Keep the right time..." he muttered out loud. He had to have been out longer than that. He looked around, desperate for a clock. Then his whole body weakened with a sickening, sinking feeling. Where was he? He had absolutely no idea.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Tuesday 22 December 2009 3:07:20pm

Mathew had left John lying on the ground in the hopes that he wouldn’t wake until Mathew had returned with his superior. But his superior would not come. He said it was very important for me to get the experience talking to one of my assignment and explaining things. Mathew had returned about ten minutes later to find that Roger, who had probably gone to the cafeteria, was gone. Mathew sighed he was tired of Roger coming along for the dirty work and then leaving right when the real work stared. Mathew was glad that this was there last day being partners together. Mathew stopped and looked into the room where he had left the boy who was now walking around muttering something to himself. Mathew noticed him bleeding and stepped forward.

“Salutations Jonathan. My name is Mathew. I am an agent of the Shadow and the reason those agents of the light didn’t get you.”
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 23 December 2009 3:04:45pm

Jon recognised the man from the bank. "Uh.. nice to meet you, and thank you." Jon looked around and then back at Matthew. "You know my name. Does that mean you know my father?" Jon figured they must know about him and his father. They had many threats from various groups claiming to work for the shadow. Jon had a body guard, but he disappeared when the pursuit was on him at his school by the Light. That man had been his protector since he was a child, and now, he was propably out there hunting him too.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 23 December 2009 4:16:06pm

[I would like to make an amendment to my last post, my character isn't wearing a jacket, and is wearing a t-shirt. The girl is not wearing a poncho but is wearing his jacket.]

"We'd better get moving," Hakan turned to Yuki. The rain was still pouring down over them, soaking Hakan to the bone. He was stuck in close to her, trying to keep himself warm. She was lying next to him, her soaked head resting on his shoulder. The fact that her hair was dripping down his back didn't help.

Sighing, Yuki responded, "You sure we have to leave?"

"Yeah."

Groaning, Yuki stood up as another bolt of lightning flashed across the sky, turning her into a silhouette against the bright background. Reaching out her hand, she helped Hakan to his feet. "Thanks," he mumbled.

"No problem," was her reply. She locked her arm with his as they made their way down the hill from the tree. The field around them was soaked to the ground, the normally high-rising grass laid flat on the mud. The rushing water made it difficult for the two to keep their step, depending on eachother to stay balanced.

Reaching the base of the hill, the two began running as another bolt of lightning flashed, followed by a great roll of thunder. The paths of the former battlefield had been so well-worn that even in the dark of night, it was easy to find their way. Their feet sank into the mud as they plodded along towards the paved roads of the battlefield.

Parked on the side of the road was their jeep. A four-seater with various maps and instruments strewn about the dashboard, along with several empty cans of Coca-Cola lying around on the ground. Lying across the seat in the back was a shotgun with shell cases kept underneath the leather cushions. Opening the driver's door, Hakan slid into his seat, listening to his wet clothing making a squishing sound on the leather seats. Slamming the door shut, he waited for Yuki to get in before starting the jeep.

The rain pounded on the roof overhead as Hakan pulled the car away from the roadside. Yuki began rustling through the maps, looking over them while marking certain points with a pen. "We need to go to the Appalachians," she said to him as they drove along the road towards fork in the road. Lightning flashed across the sky once again.

"The Appalachians it-"

"Go left!" Yuki shot out. Instantly complying, Hakan jerked the steering wheel to the left, taking the left fork. Trees blocked the other road from view as they drove along. "Turn out the lights," Yuki instructed. Hakan did as he was told. Not even a split-second after he did so, the lights from a truck came into view behind them as it passed the fork to where they had just been.

"Was it them?" Hakan queried, momentarily looking at Yuki before returning his eyes to the road. It was nearly impossible to see.

"Yes," was Yuki's answer as she looked back. The lights had passed, but it had been a close call. She returned to a normal position in her seat and rested her head on Hakan's shoulder. "You can turn the lights back on."

Nodding, Hakan turned the car lights back on. Not the brights, just the normal lights. He drove along the road, navigating the way through the battlefield to the exit gate. Looking at the clock, he realized just how late it, and how tired he, was. 0300. He'd have to find some sleep soon. Yuki was already breathing heavily on his neck, asleep.

They reached the gate to the battlefield. It was closed. "Wonderful," Hakan muttered. "Of course it's closed." Swearing under his breath, he gently pushed Yuki to the other side of the jeep and got out into the freezing rain. Shivering, he ran over to the gate, which was held in place by a padlock. Swearing again, Hakan ran back over to the jeep, and opened the back door. Next to the shells underneath the seat was a toolbox. Opening it, he pulled out a hammer.

Slamming the door shut again, Hakan ran back to the gate. Patting the hammer in his hand, he tried to see the best place to slam down the head. Then he saw it. Not the actualy padlock, but the thin metal ring screwed into the pavement that the padlock held the gate to.

Raising the hammer high above his head, Hakan took aim, at the ring, before slamming the hammer down. The thin ring snapped instantly, releasing the padlock and, consequently, the gate. Pushing against the metal bar, Hakan opened the gate all the way before returning to the jeep, opening his door, getting in, and throwing the hammer in the back.

"Nice job," Yuki said, startling him. Hakan hadn't noticed that she'd awoken, and now she was staring at him.

Nodding, Hakan motioned towards the road. "I think I remember there being a suburb out just past the gate. We'll stay there for a few hours before we set off again."

"Whatever you say," Yuki smiled as she rested her head on his shoulder again.

[Sorry, not enough time to make an full-quality post.]
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Next

Return to Other Universes RPG