New Gryffindor Quidditch Captain

A place to discuss your Harry Potter theories. Are there hidden secrets and conspiracies? What will happen in future plots? The truth may be in here!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix, Lone_Buck, paintballdecoy

Postby Alice I » Friday 2 April 2004 10:03:31pm

Jotomicron wrote:McGonagall said she would do everything she could to make Harry and Auror. Was she just picking on Umbridge?

The only hitch in this is that McGonagall told Harry that Snape refuses to take anyone into his NEWT level potions class unless they recieve an O on their OWL. Harry would have to have Potions to continue on to Auror training and I seriously doubt that he got an O in his OWL for potions.
Will DD make Snape take on Harry? Did Harry get the E in Transfiguration that McGonnagall requires?
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 2 April 2004 10:14:01pm

Yeah, but, remember? Harry's (and Neville's, by the way) potions turned out a lot better than they usually would have, seeing as Snape wasn't breathing down their back... my bet is that at least Harry will get the OWLs he needs to do the auror training...
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Nobby » Friday 2 April 2004 10:19:47pm

i just can't see the next captain being a gryffindor that has been in gryffindor for a while- i acn't recall of any gryffindor's disliking Ron-maybe Seamus but i can't see him kicking him off the team
Nobby
Hufflepuff Prefect and The Half Blood Prince

Postby Athena Appleton » Friday 2 April 2004 10:23:21pm

Yeah... I think what'll happen is Slytherin (or at least the Malfoy-Crabbe-Goyle-Nott team within Slytherin) will be disbanded for safety reasons. Malfoy will wind up in Gryffindor. Harry focuses on school and his future, Ron stays on as Keeper for at least a while, Ginny transfers to chaser, Malfoy takes over as seeker and Captain... Malfoy may kick Ron off the team at some point.
Athena Appleton
Hogwarts Librarian, Headmistress of the Little Wizards Academy and Kisser of Boo-boos

Postby Herminny » Saturday 3 April 2004 1:10:09am

wtih the malfoy changing houses thing..I don't think Malfoy would be too happy changing houses.

Maybe Ron and Harry have a majot fight and him being the captain would prefer not having to talk and train with Ron.
Herminny
Fourth Year

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 3 April 2004 5:00:08am

It might be Malfoy, just becuase it would be very outragous. But have we ever heard of anyone changing house before, i doubt it would happen, becuase malfoy wasn't on the line like Harry. The hat hardly needed to be on his head before it placed him
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Alice I » Saturday 3 April 2004 5:02:27am

Paintballdecoy wrote:It might be Malfoy, just becuase it would be very outragous. But have we ever heard of anyone changing house before, i doubt it would happen, becuase malfoy wasn't on the line like Harry. The hat hardly needed to be on his head before it placed him

A lot of folks read an interview with JKR where she said that there would be a house change at some point. I personally didn't see the interview but that is what everyone is saying.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Athena Appleton » Saturday 3 April 2004 7:40:50am

I don't think Malfoy would be happy (at ALL) about changing houses, but I really don't think anyone would be asking his permission... I mean, since I think they're seperating that group to keep a Voldemort-uprising thing from happening.

But have we ever heard of anyone changing house before, i doubt it would happen, becuase malfoy wasn't on the line like Harry. The hat hardly needed to be on his head before it placed him

that was my thought at first, but I don't think they've needed to have someone change houses before... and I don't think it'll be in any relation to the sorting hat, really... I just think that, because of the Voldemort coming back thing, Slytherin (or possibly just the little Malfoy-Crabbe-Goyle-Nott band) will be separated to keep them from getting together and trying to have a Dark arts uprising... so Dumbledore realizes Voldy's back, he sees that the children of the arrested death eaters are spending a little too much "quiet time" together, so he decides for the safety of all, to separate them.... the only way to effectively separate them is to put them in different houses... So he goes to them and doesn't say "Would you like to go to Gryffindor?"
Athena Appleton

Postby choki » Saturday 3 April 2004 4:27:32pm

I don't think there is a slight possiblity that someone would change house, let alone to disband the gang in Slytherin. Even though it can be argued that it is done in order to prevent any sort of uprising in Hogwarts by the children of Death Eaters, it is just not reasonable for Dumbledore as the Headmaster of Hogwarts to do that. United we stand together, Divided we fall apart. By doing so, it will only incur greater wrath from the Slytherins.

My guess is either someone totally new to Quidditch, Ron or Ginny.
Ron because I want him to be! (All Weasley should be Quidditch talented except for Percy)
Ginny because she is potentially good and perhaps is worried about Ron being targetted by the Slytherin players (esp Malfoy). Either that or Ron substained a severe injury resulting from a match that made Ginny decided to let her brother take a break from Quidditch.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 3 April 2004 8:09:16pm

Athena, i never thought about Dumbledore spliting up the children of death eaters to stop them from making plans. Becuase who knows, maybe they could be planning to jump harry in the loo and drown him in the toilet, and then be rewarded by Voldemort and there parents.
paintballdecoy

Postby Evil Wizard Petting Zoo » Saturday 3 April 2004 11:29:27pm

I really can't see the Slytherins changing houses yall. It just doesn't grab me at all. Anyways, here's my Gryffindor Quidditch team prophecy:

Chaser: Ginny Weasley
Chaser: Euan Abercrombie (That's what I think b/c I can't think of anyone else)
Chaser: Neville Longbottom (Believe it or not kids!)
Beater: Andrew Kirke (or maybe chaser)
Beater: Seamus Finnigan (or maybe chaser)
Keeper: Ron Weasley
Seeker: Harry Potter
I want Dean to get in there but I don't think he ever mentioned being a good flier.
Evil Wizard Petting Zoo
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 3 April 2004 11:54:12pm

Ah, your team is off, becuase only angelina is leaveing, i don't think kate or the other one is leaving (can't remember names right now) Why would the other beater not be a beater anymore?

I really think it will be Malfoy,
paintballdecoy

Postby paintballdecoy » Saturday 3 April 2004 11:56:25pm

Sorry for the double post, but this just hit me. What if Cho changes houses? For some reason she changes to Gyffandor and becomes captain, just becuase she is older and doesn't like Ron becuase he lacks all tact and wants him gone
paintballdecoy

Postby Ferrus » Sunday 4 April 2004 11:50:34am

i don't think kate or the other one is leaving

As far as I know they were all in the same year, so they would graduate at the same time.

Although the house-change probably has something to do with the matter, it could also be the case that one of the new second years is in fact a really good keeper. Ron is good, but he is not brilliant so if somebody better came up, there would be some stress over the matter, only an idea.

Another possibility (extremely improbable) is thet Harry is appointed Captain. Then he finds that Ron & Hermione are dating, and has a fight with Ron. Harry has certainly been in a bad mood enough in the last book. although I dont see this happening at all.
Ferrus
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Alice I » Sunday 4 April 2004 12:01:18pm

Ferrus wrote:
i don't think kate or the other one is leaving

As far as I know they were all in the same year, so they would graduate at the same time.{/quote]
That is true. Angelina, Johnson, Katie Bell and Alicia Spinnet all graduated last year.

Ferrus wrote:Another possibility (extremely improbable) is thet Harry is appointed Captain. Then he finds that Ron & Hermione are dating, and has a fight with Ron. Harry has certainly been in a bad mood enough in the last book. although I dont see this happening at all.

What do you find improbable; that Harry is made Captain or that he and Ron have a row?

As for Harry being in a bad mood all last book I suppose that is normal given his rather unique circumatances. As character development goes I don't think that JKR would make him more angry or even continue with that mood for him because it would start to get "old".

I think that 1. given the loss of his God Father and 2. the fact that he is now 16 yrs old; that depression will play a role in Harry's character and overall mood.
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Theories