Reasons to Get Sorted Into a House! :)

A place for the new folks. If you've just joined, or spotted a new member, why not say hello here.

Moderators: Scellanis, DucksRMagical

For those who are already sorted, are you glad you got sorted into your house?

Yes, definitely!! :)
89%
Yes, but I wish I had joined a different house (NOTE to those not yet sorted: choose carefully...you can't change your mind once you're sorted into a house!)
5%
No, I wish I hadn't gotten sorted into any house :(
5%

Total votes : 55

Reasons to Get Sorted Into a House! :)

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Friday 15 August 2003 1:48:02am

I couldn't help but notice that only a fraction of the members (slightly less than half) have been sorted into houses (of course, some members on this forum have only posted 5 times or so are not active). I started this thread in the hopes that ALL members who belong to one of the four houses could chime in on why it's a great thing to get sorted into a house (not your particular house...just into a house full-stop :)). Here are my reasons that all not-yet sorted members should get sorted into a house, whether they are 'new' or not:

(1) as a member of any of the four houses (Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin), you get to partake in BaO's fun and challenging Harry Potter house quizzes--creating them and taking them with your house--for house points :grin:

(2) you get to know the members of your house a lot better and talk about a wide variety of things in a special area (your common room) that only members of your house can view! :D

(3) as a member of the house of your choice, you can, if there is space, sign up for your house's quidditch team and play in the big online quidditch tournament which will start here, at BaO, possibly before the end of 2003

Those are just a few reasons to get sorted into a house here at BaO...it's tons of fun, you gain loads of new friends, and it's a great support system...it's easily one of the things I like best about BaO! :grin: To get sorted, either send a PM to a prefect of the house you wish to be sorted into as well as a PM to Paul (the forum admin.) in case the prefect you chose is on holiday, post on the 'sorting hat' thread in the Sorting Hat section of the BaO forum and put in your request for a house (or ask Paul on that thread [or in a PM] to sort you into a house if you can't choose), or go to 'usergroups' at the top of your screen, click on the house of your choice, and submit a request to join...the next prefect online for that house will accept your application to their house and you'll be sorted! It's easy!!! :D Hope to see more sorted members in the future, and for those of you who have already been sorted, do share the many reasons (but let's stay generic, so it doesn't get competitive on this thread as to whose house is the 'best' :)) a member of BaO should get sorted!! :-)

~ Lizzy :angel:
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby Barry Trotter » Friday 15 August 2003 10:30:16pm

i wasn't sure about getting sorted in the beginning and when i decided to i had NO idea which house to choose. They all have Great things to offer.

The thing i have gotten most from is the friendship and support of my house members.

I was worried that i would be shunned by other members belonging to different houses if i joined one but its not true at all. The only competative thing here is the quiz. and thats just a laugh anyway .
Barry Trotter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Meg Boyd » Tuesday 19 August 2003 2:22:47am

I belonged to the site for a quite a long time before I got sorted, but I now I wish I would have done it earlier. Being part of a house means you can get to know your fellow BaO members on a different level, since the dicussions in the common rooms are not about HP, but about other interests and things that portain to you! I've made many friends by being sorted, and I've learned a lot of things about other cultures by being sorted, so I high recommend it! Each house is special in their own ways, and each has members with interesting posts and nice personalities! No matter what, you can't pick a wrong house because each is warm and welcoming to their new members! Belonging to a house kinda of gives you a sense of belonging, ownership of the site and pride in the posts you make...

So to all those independants out there, what do you have to lose? I guarantee you will have a ball in your common room, and through out the board with your new friends!

Have fun posting, and make sure to be sorted, I'm sure you'll make the right choice!
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Vivian Borgin » Tuesday 19 August 2003 7:30:03am

Hmm...I don't have anything profound to add, except to mention that I voted yes. I love my House. Slytherin is a great place to be. :)
Vivian Borgin
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Violet » Monday 25 August 2003 10:16:59am

Vivian Borgin wrote:Hmm...I don't have anything profound to add, except to mention that I voted yes. I love my House. Slytherin is a great place to be. :)

I think i have to second that! i kinda jumped into being sorted into Slytherin, but i'm very glad i did :grin:
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby han lin » Monday 25 August 2003 3:40:08pm

i joined Hufflepuff because.... two offline mates were in it and they said "be in hufflepuff"

so i was

its fun being in a house big it up!

( ha ha ha there is me trying to be a gangsta!! bo!)
han lin
Hogwarts Guardian of Virtue

Postby Scellanis » Tuesday 26 August 2003 3:50:42pm

hehe, i joined Hufflepuff cos I was gonna join gryffindor but my little sis chose that house so i thought id go somewhere else, and everyone said hufflepuff was good....and quiet and needed new members...then when i joined it was almost empty but ive never regretted joining.....i absoloutly love hufflepuff...im proud to be the person who made it active and insane.....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby HuffleDuck » Sunday 31 August 2003 3:59:15am

I joined BaO after reading the 5th book and need to find somebody to discuss about it and i found BaO. I didn't know about the houses at first and when i found out I wanted to join Hufflepuff because after reading the 5th book when the Sorting Hat singin about the 4 houses which it mentioned about Hufflepuff " And Hufflepuff took the rest and taught them all she knew". that's the line that i thought really had touched me for other houses require you to be smart or cunning or bravery. So i chose Hufflepuff. :P

500++ members and only a few are active. weird. :-?
HuffleDuck
Keeper of the Lake

Postby Blueberry » Monday 1 September 2003 6:09:25pm

i got dragged into this... Doesnt matter which house as long as they have prank to pull and joke to laugh. :P
Blueberry
Fourth Year

Postby Ju-DedoH » Monday 1 September 2003 10:56:00pm

HuffleDuck wrote:I joined BaO after reading the 5th book and need to find somebody to discuss about it and i found BaO. I didn't know about the houses at first and when i found out I wanted to join Hufflepuff because after reading the 5th book when the Sorting Hat singin about the 4 houses which it mentioned about Hufflepuff " And Hufflepuff took the rest and taught them all she knew". that's the line that i thought really had touched me for other houses require you to be smart or cunning or bravery. So i chose Hufflepuff. :P

me too exactly !!! :grin:
Ju-DedoH
Hufflepuff Prefect, Divination Teacher and Sgt. Pepper

Postby Lizzy Bennet » Monday 8 September 2003 4:09:17am

I hope all you new members have taken a peek at this thread...being in a house really is loads of fun! :grin: We get to work on Harry Potter quizzes that other houses create, and sometimes we create the quiz! :grin: Additionally, there are loads of fun topics to discuss in your respective common room, and you get to know members of the forum who are your house members better. :-) It's wacky AND interesting! :D

~ Lizzy :angel:
Lizzy Bennet
Angel of Music and Giver of Hugs

Postby Liquid Ice » Tuesday 9 September 2003 7:11:13pm

I new which house I wanted to be in right from the off, its good to have a place where not everyone can go where you can talk about anything and get to know people.
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby choki » Wednesday 10 September 2003 10:47:22am

Ya it is definitely good to be sorted, we can have all the fun in common room, saying things that other houses' members can't see...even bad things (just joking :lol: )
*jumps around and starts singing*
"It is so good to be sorted"
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Gower » Thursday 11 September 2003 5:19:04pm

all new members should get sorted early :jump:
Gower
Gryffindor Prefect, Head of Gryffindor Security Force and Member of Hogwarts Chess Team

Postby Violet » Wednesday 24 September 2003 1:37:04am

Gower wrote:all new members should get sorted early :jump:

Yeah definately... It's a great way to settle in and meet people quickly!
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Next

Return to New Members Welcome Forum