madame malkin's robes for all occasions (fitters needed)

Looking for the latest new broomstick? Or maybe a new wand? Do you need to sort out your financial affairs or keep your valuables safe at Gringott's? Find it all here at Diagon Alley - the finest wizarding shopping lane in England.

Moderators: Scarlet Lioness, FawkesthePhoenix

madame malkin's robes for all occasions (fitters needed)

Postby pinky p » Tuesday 9 September 2003 11:26:47pm

hullo :grin:
i'm p-princess. madame malkin is actually the owner, as you all know, but i'm her store manager. she's put me in charge, though, for she is in st. mungo's for the time being. (took a nasty spill off her stool while measuring some witch.) anyways, i'll be filling your orders now, so come on in and i'll get you measured. may i suggest you try this? *holds up a bolt of orange muslin* it's got a beautiful crescent moon pattern, and it's potion resistant!

i'm also looking for some fitters to help size customers, leave a post if you might be interested. i think i'll start out with just one to see if we have many customers! :-?

as of now, we can custom-make robes, hats, capes, scarves, etc. if you have a special request, feel free to ask!

p-princess
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Meg Boyd » Wednesday 10 September 2003 1:50:41am

could I have a red and black hat, scarf, and mittens set that shouts "We Are Seymour" when my team wins a point or goal????
Meg Boyd
Head Girl, Ravenclaw Prefect and Maker of Witty Random Statements Since 1986 A.D.

Postby Liquid Ice » Wednesday 10 September 2003 8:06:36am

Well, I do need some robes. Could I have them very pale sort of icey blue? I need to make an impression see......
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby tiggirl » Wednesday 10 September 2003 6:11:36pm

I'll need something for the next party at the LC . . . Do you have anything in emerald green . . . perhaps with silver trim?
tiggirl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby pinky p » Thursday 11 September 2003 12:53:40am

ANNOUNCEMENT: we have these new quidditch robes in! available in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, fuschia, peach, lime, black, gold, magenta, electric green, silver, lavender, teal, white (why anyone would want white quidditch robes is beyond me but it's what our supplier sent!) and stripes are available in any color combination.

meg- why yes we have these! 100% wool yarn, spell knit. they don't say 'we are seymour' but they shout 'GO SEYMOUR GO'. six sickles for the scarf, hat and mittens. we also have this lovely matching muff, with fur lining. 3 sickles more!

liquid ice- we do have this icy blue here, and also this white with blue icicle trim available. would you like them in the fit or extra loose style? 3 galleons for fit, 4 galleons for extra loose. 1 galleon for a matching hat, tailored to perfection. and oh! look at this! we just got these! *holds up a pair of pale blue stalleto heels*

tiggirl- we have the basic emerald green dress robes, available with white, red, silver, or blue trim. 3 galleons, including the matching hat. available only the fit style. we also we have this carry this fantastic fabric *holds up bolt of emerald green velvet embroidered with millions of silver stars* five galleons in fit and extra loose. matching hat 2 galleons. and oh! look at this! this pair of silk gloves is the exact color and is on discount! 6 sickles!
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby Liquid Ice » Thursday 11 September 2003 5:48:22pm

oooooh, very tempting I must say, Ill have the icy blue one please, Im not tooo bothered about icicle trim, I dont really want the hat because I already have a dark blue one I think will go quite nicely but I would like the shoes please I want the extra loose please so thats 4 galleons and how much are the shoes?
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby tiggirl » Thursday 11 September 2003 5:48:57pm

*eyes sparkle at green velvet*

I'll take the green velvet w/silver stars, in fit. I'll also take the matching hat and gloves.

:lol: This is great!!! I LOVE shopping!!! :lol:
tiggirl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby AccioNiffler » Thursday 11 September 2003 9:23:24pm

I have a very big order to place p-princess :) I will be needing 4 sets of robes, all in hot pink, but with different desings on all of them. One for each of my lovely jobs :grin: I'd also like to look into the price of uniform robes because I am considering them for the information kiosk and suggesting it to the Knight Bus employees.
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby pinky p » Thursday 11 September 2003 9:45:12pm

liquid ice- the shoes are 2 galleons, so that brings your total to 6 galleons. you have excellent choice!

tiggirl- okey dokey, 7 galleons and six sickles is your total. here you go, and i must say the green really brings out the color of your eyes!

accio niffler- now lets see. the different designs we have for basic hot pink robes are: solid, vertical stripes, horizontal stripes, checkerboard, stars, broomsticks, lucky clovers, fish, palm trees, vacuum cleaners, half moons, and crescent moons. 3 galleons per robe. matching hat available in solid and checkerboard- 1 galleon. now lets see, uniform robes. we have the basic uniform robe, 100% cotton, 3 galleons a robe, available in petite, fit, loose, extra loose, and elephant. we also have the deluxe uniform robe, which is tailored to precisely fit it's witch or wizard, and comes with the company logo and employee's name embroidered on the chest. 4 galleons a robe. basic, deluxe, and embroidery available in red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black, grey, gold, teal, white, peach, and navy. custom colors are available but they cost a bit more since they have to be special ordered. hope this helps!

HAVE A NICE DAY!
pinky p

Postby AccioNiffler » Thursday 11 September 2003 9:54:46pm

Ooooh, decisions decisions... I'll take (can I get then in silk?) hot pink robes, one solid colored, one with stars, and could i get a custom one with nifflers on it? I'll only be needing one hat, I'd liek it in black though. not pink. I will be getting some robes for the information kiosk I decided, but I will need to get back to you on how many...
AccioNiffler
Caretaker of all Flying Fluffballs and Stewardess Extraordinaire

Postby pinky p » Thursday 11 September 2003 10:21:09pm

accioniffler- the total for your order of one solid hot pink silk robe (3 galleons), one starred hot pink silk robe(3 galleons), one basic black hat (1 galleon), and one (custom) hot pink silk robe with nifflers (5 galleons) comes to 12 galleons. hold on one moment, i need to go to the supplier to get that niffler robe... *apparates and reappears after five minutes* here you are! i say, you'll be the talk of the town with those hot pink robes, miss! thank you, have a nice day!
pinky p

Postby gecko » Thursday 11 September 2003 10:44:03pm

*apparates with a faint -poof- from the LC*

heya princess, I've come to pick up some robes!
I'd like this set:
Thailand- silk pants, sash, shirt (green, yellow)

I think I want the green shirt!
thanks a bunch :P
gecko
Supreme Mugwump, Walker of Walls and Receiver of Won's Smooches

Postby pinky p » Thursday 11 September 2003 10:57:56pm

oh i have made this confusing

(green, yellow) means the whole set is either green or yellow
here i'll give you the green set, if you don't like it come back and get an exchange :)
all the costumes come with a flower to give that special someone. here's yours, i picked this nice orange one for the thailand costumes :)

have fun at the party!
pinky p

spicy foods party costumes

Postby pinky p » Thursday 11 September 2003 11:23:07pm

sorry for the double post, everyone, but i thought i would post the costumes for the leaky couldron (sp?) spicy foods party in here, also. i had an idea, also. everyone who picks a costume gets a flower from their costume's country to give to a special someone. i haven't picked the flowers yet, i just know flower from thailand is a pretty orange one!

mens costumes:
Mexico/Spain- jacket, sash, tight pants, and sombrero (black w/ red sash and tan sombrero)
Louisiana- tightfitting pants, waistcoat, tall hat (black w/ red sash)
Thailand- silk pants, sash, shirt (green, yellow)
India- cotton lungi (white, tan)
China- silk button-up shirt, pants (dark blue)

womens costumes:
Mexico/Spain- embroidered dress with wide and swirly skirt (orange, magenta)
Louisiana- dress w/ hoopskirt, parasol, sun bonnet (pink, yellow)
Thailand- silk dress, embroidered sash, beaded necklace (purple, blue)
India- embroidered silk sari (red, green)
China- silk embroidered kimono (yellow, pink)
pinky p

Postby pinky p » Thursday 11 September 2003 11:47:08pm

holy cow, triple post! sorry, very sorry. but i have all the flowers picked! the flower for each country is native to that country.
Spain/Mexico: pink Belladonna (native to spain)
Louisiana: purple Louisiana Iris
Thailand: orange Canna Lily
China: white Hibiscus
India: yellow Orchid
pinky p

Next

Return to Diagon Alley