Help Spread the Word about Broomsticks and Owls

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Help Spread the Word about Broomsticks and Owls

Postby Paul » Monday 7 June 2004 1:12:41am

One of the major search engines has severely dropped the rankings of a number of sites throughout the internet. Many websites have been left wondering why this has happened. Unfortunately Broomsticks and Owls has been a victim of this devastation, which is why there has been a drop in new members lately. All is not lost though - there are a lot of search engines out there, many of which still rank BaO very well.

With the change that's occurred, BaO needs your help in getting new active members (please, please) :) , so I've created a few graphics to encourage people to visit and join BaO. If you've got a website of your own, or if you know someone who has a site and is willing to put a graphic on their site, please help support BaO by linking to the forum. You can find a selection of BaO graphics and banners here, including the linking code which you'll find at the bottom of the page. Sincere thanks for any help you can give to BaO by linking to the forum. And many absolute thanks too to those who have already linked to BaO (text links are equally appreciated too)! :-)

One tiny thing - feel free to use the graphics as much as you like to link to BaO from your own site, but please don't spam other forums, message boards or use the banners or links for any other kind of spam. :)

I'll be adding more sizes and at least one other design in the next few days, so if you don't find one that's suitable at the moment, please check back in shortly and there'll be a wider selection :-)

Thanks again!

Paul
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby Alice I » Tuesday 8 June 2004 7:26:40pm

I am not sure if a banner would be allowed on my homepage on the Travel forum I belong to but I will find out. If it is allowed I'll definatly put it up there.

I have however put the address to B&O on that page. Actually I put the address to B&O on almost everything I go to, as long as it is allowed of course.

I even talked about it in a Big Foot Forum that I belong to :lol:
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Alice I » Tuesday 8 June 2004 7:27:47pm

sorry for the double post but if anyone is interested in that homepage the address is:

http://www.virtualtourist.com/m/76cf6/
Alice I
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Phinea Rogue » Thursday 10 June 2004 6:35:46pm

I've put the banner into my LiveJournal in an entry, although how many people do read it I don't know...
Phinea Rogue
Slytherin Prefect

Postby Paul » Saturday 12 June 2004 11:14:07pm

Thanks Alice and Phinea! :double jump: I've added another design today (a nice pastel-colored one) to the selection of graphics. They're all available in at least 3 sizes now too. :)
Paul

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby harrylover » Monday 14 June 2004 6:35:17pm

i´m going to try and add it to my signature on the other forum i´m writing on...(i´m a bit inactive there...ok i´m really inactive there because i don´t really like it)

the designs are great paul... :grin:

hey alice you are writing a book?? Thats GREAT!!! :grin:

i´ve been to rochester...visited the charles dickens centre :D
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby Jotomicron » Thursday 17 June 2004 4:10:14pm

Hi there!!! Have you missed me???
This is just not the right plce to say I'm back (for at least a day or so, cause then I'll have my FINAL EXAM WEEK... I'm anxious...), I know... but I need to!!!

HI EVERYONE!!!!

Anyway, getting back on topic... I've added one banner to my website: www.geocities.com/jotomicron
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby Hermione Weasley » Thursday 17 June 2004 9:25:29pm

i will definatly try to put it in my diary.I have also told my friends how love harry potter like myself about the site and so hopefully we will have a couple of newbies :grin:
Hermione Weasley
Gryffindor Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Keeper of Songs

Postby Paul » Sunday 20 June 2004 12:53:44am

Thanks harrylover, Joto and Hermione Weasley. Great to hear that you like the designs, harrylover. Hey, I've never heard of conlangs before , Joto - fascinating stuff. Never known anyone who'd actually created a language before!
Paul

Postby harrylover » Sunday 20 June 2004 9:51:50am

A friend of mine created two languages, you would like him jotomicron...

That was off topic... :oops:

Yeah think i´m going to make an homepage and i´ll put a banner on there. :D
harrylover
Queen of Gossip and Member of Dumbledore´s Army

Postby TDM » Monday 28 June 2004 3:17:04am

well, i'll put it up at http://www.serebiiforums.com/newforums/ which happens to be a pokemon forum that i attend. i've also seen other HP sites in ppl's sigs, so hopefully we can bring some of them over!

EDIT: eh, having some problems getting it up, because that code that tells you how to do it doesn't work the greatest. most likely just the site, but i'll figure it out. also, i'm working on making some banners on my own to promote BaO, just because i have no life and i might as well. they won't look near as good as Paul's do, but hopefully they'll catch the eye of the ppl of the forums that i go to.

EDIT again: never mind, i got it. i just had to find a place to host it at, so i went and registered at a free photo hosting site. yay! it works!

EDIT yet another time: well, i got tired of using those banners, so i made my own, and for my lack of banner making abilities...yeah...you get the picture. yeah, so, here's one http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/7 ... anner3.gif that everyone could use, and here's one i made for myself just because i got bored: http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2004-6/7 ... anner4.gif
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby Jotomicron » Monday 28 June 2004 10:01:15am

Those are really great, TDM... Really liked the first one, but the second one is also great!
Jotomicron
Producer of Happiness and Mysterious Metamorphmagus

Postby TDM » Monday 28 June 2004 7:51:23pm

well, if anyone would like one, which i doubt, just PM me about it.
TDM
Owner of Salamence's Wand Shop and Ravenclaw Seeker

Postby Broccoli » Tuesday 29 June 2004 11:36:35am

Nice banners, TDM!

Well I also made one of my own:

http://www.geocities.com/broccoli1969//travelling.html
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby choki » Thursday 1 July 2004 7:01:35am

Paul, are there methods to put the banner as a signature in other forums?
I had a forum which allowed signatures in forms of pictures but I don't know how to put banners there.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Next

Return to The Great Hall