Book 7: Unfinished Business & Explanations You Would Want Revealed .. JKR Please take note

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Book 7: Unfinished Business.. JKR Please, please take note..

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 12:12:11am

I thought I'd start a new feed to see whether anyone wanted to post niggly things (as opposed to plot) that they'd like to see tidied up in the last book.

I don't want JKR to write the last book and leave any stone unturned!!

Personally I'd like a firmer description on timeline as I find this incredibly confusing. If anyone's the wiser on this please enlighten me.

I'd like to hear about:

1) what happened to Sirius's motorbike.

2) Mr and Mrs Evans - Harry's grandparents on Lily's side but then also Harry's grandparents on James's side - Mr and Mrs Potter. They were pure-bloods were they not? Did James have any brothers and sisters? Did Mr and Mrs Potter have any brothers and sisters? Does harry have any surviving wizard/witch relatives as a result?

3) How Lily and James eventually got together.

4) What Dudley felt/saw when the Dementors attacked

5) Why it is important that Harry has Lily's eyes

Anyone else have anything?
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby Kalessin » Wednesday 20 July 2005 12:48:56am

Aberforth needs to be brought into a little light for me I would say.
Kalessin
Second Year

Postby Ginny Potter » Wednesday 20 July 2005 1:47:24am

I have several questions, many of which I'm likely to forget on this first post. So, I'll start with a few:

1) What did Dumbledore mean when he said that Dudley had been abused by the Dursleys, too? I found that interesting...to my recollection, we've seen nothing but Dudley being extremely spoiled, which isn't good for him, but I wouldn't class it at all in the same category as what they have done to Harry over the years...

2) Are we going to learn any more about the veil and/or the Department of Mysteries?

3) What is the big deal with Lily Potter that is so huge? Is she related to Snape somehow? Did she have a secret power? And semi-related, what did the Potters do for a living?

4) What is Snape's patronus and boggart and what does it reveal about him?

5) Why did Sirius have to die other than to mature Harry?

I have tons more, but I can't think of them. I seem to remember reading about the kinds of things we'd learn in book 6, though some of them were never covered...like the whereabouts of Sirius's motorbike. I like this thread! :D
Ginny Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: At Starbucks, whenever possible, reading and loading up on caffeine. :)

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:04:20am

I also want to know..

Why DD didn't kill Voldemort at the Ministry at the end of OotP when he had the chance???
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby redshoesrock » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:32:39am

Ginny Potter wrote:I have several questions, many of which I'm likely to forget on this first post. So, I'll start with a few:

1) What did Dumbledore mean when he said that Dudley had been abused by the Dursleys, too? I found that interesting...to my recollection, we've seen nothing but Dudley being extremely spoiled, which isn't good for him, but I wouldn't class it at all in the same category as what they have done to Harry over the years...

2) Are we going to learn any more about the veil and/or the Department of Mysteries?

3) What is the big deal with Lily Potter that is so huge? Is she related to Snape somehow? Did she have a secret power? And semi-related, what did the Potters do for a living?

5) Why did Sirius have to die other than to mature Harry?

1. You are correct that Dudley has been very spoiled by the Dursleys - that's the abuse. Dudley would of, in all likelyhood, turned out much better if he had parents who used some discipline and not catered to his every whim.

2. Doubt it - it's the Department of "Mysteries", remember? If you learned how everything worked in there, they wouldn't be any mysteries anymore.

3. I don't really think there's any big deal with Lily Potter; someone else in this thread asked what the significance of Harry having Lily's eyes is, and the answer is really nothing. It's just meant to show that Harry is the product of both his parents; he looks like James, but has Lily's eyes. No clue on what the Potters did for a living, but considering they were both Head Boy and Head Girl in their class, I wouldn't be shocked if it was a Ministry job.

4. I don't think we'll ever see Snape's Patronus; Snape doesn't strike me as a character who needs to be wary around dementors. What is Snape's greatest fear? Difficult to say, but perhaps a group of people making fun of him? Calling him a coward? Something along those lines, I'd say.

5. You answered your own question there - that's why Sirius died. It's also why Dumbledore died as well, in case you're wondering.
redshoesrock
Squib

Postby redshoesrock » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:40:23am

weasley_gurl wrote:I also want to know..

Why DD didn't kill Voldemort at the Ministry at the end of OotP when he had the chance???

I'm surprised you asked that question considering you've read the sixth book, in which is established you can't kill Voldemort unless you eliminate all Voldemort's Horcruxes first. I seriously doubt Dumbledore only figured out Voldemort had Horcruxes in the time period between book five and book six. It also wasn't Dumbledore's style to kill anyone. He tried to see the good in people; he would of rather attempt to rehabilitate and reform than kill.
redshoesrock
Squib

Postby Tanuki » Wednesday 20 July 2005 2:47:11am

Ginny Potter wrote:I have several questions, many of which I'm likely to forget on this first post. So, I'll start with a few:

Actually, the spoiling is making it impossible for Dudley to be anything more than what he is, a worthless, overweight wasste of a person, and that kind of abuse is so much worse than anything that can be done to Harry. not all abuses have to hurt

I go with snake, since he is a low down snake in the grass
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby niki_192 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:18:42am

yeh i agree tanuki it had something to do with that about dudley being abused too............. spoilt i think he was!
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Wednesday 20 July 2005 3:33:50am

Whoops I forgot...I really need to read HBP again...
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby dibble2 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 4:03:01am

redshoesrock wrote:

3. I don't really think there's any big deal with Lily Potter; someone else in this thread asked what the significance of Harry having Lily's eyes is, and the answer is really nothing. It's just meant to show that Harry is the product of both his parents; he looks like James, but has Lily's eyes. No clue on what the Potters did for a living, but considering they were both Head Boy and Head Girl in their class, I wouldn't be shocked if it was a Ministry job.

4. I don't think we'll ever see Snape's Patronus; Snape doesn't strike me as a character who needs to be wary around dementors. What is Snape's greatest fear? Difficult to say, but perhaps a group of people making fun of him? Calling him a coward? Something along those lines, I'd say.

I believe JKR has stated in an interview that Harry's eyes are important. Then again maybe I just read it over and over again in the forums. Also, someone asked if we'd see Snape's Patronus and boggart in a Q&A session with JKR and she said the answer would reveal too much. So we may not see it, but it would give away too much about his inner character and fears.
dibble2
Fifth Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby niki_192 » Wednesday 20 July 2005 5:32:38am

yeh it keeps coming up how he looks like james and has lily's eyes........ maybe it will have a big part and something will be revealed bout it in the 7th book!!!
niki_192
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Anna Black » Wednesday 20 July 2005 6:48:47am

I would really like "the veil" explained to me. What exactly does it do? Is there any way that Sirius can come back from it? I guess I am just still in denial about Sirius bc I'm sure DD would have brought him back if he could. I guess I'm looking for a way out, but I still don't understand the veil.
Anna Black
Fourth Year

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Wednesday 20 July 2005 7:17:25am

I want to learn the complete circumstances of Regulus Black's death.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby Stumpy » Wednesday 20 July 2005 7:27:52am

I wanna know bout the level of depth of a person is captured in a picture! the ones Harry has of his family that Hagrid gave him only move, but the old headmasters offer comments to DD in previous books?
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Snow_Crystal » Wednesday 20 July 2005 9:16:31am

Cool - some fab things here.

Yeah I think the fact he has her eyes has got be important in some way. We've heard a fair amount about James but don't seem to have heard much about Lily. We don't even know who her friends were. I'd like this explained.

Yeah what was behind that veil? Will we find out? I hope so.

Also more info on Snape joining the Death Eaters please..how/when did he join up?
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Next

Return to The Books