APPARITTION PROBLEM

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

APPARITTION PROBLEM

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Saturday 13 August 2005 11:42:24pm

i have discovered a loophole in the HBP book. Hermoine states that there is a ban on appirattion and disaportion in the grounds but yet Kreacher and Doby dont seem to have a problem appirating into the hospital wing.

very strange i think.
Salazar Slytherin
Founder of Slytherin, Death Eater and Owner of Robert The Muggle Eating Dragon

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Sunday 14 August 2005 12:02:56am

did anyone else find this kinda wierd?
Salazar Slytherin

Postby Mrs. Luca Black » Sunday 14 August 2005 4:10:51am

House elves have their own brand of magic, so they don't apparate/disapparate the same way wizards do.
Mrs. Luca Black
Member of the Original Order of the Phoenix

Location: In the kitchen of 12 Grimmauld Place handing Kreacher a new, 100 pound, cast iron tea service.

Postby Tanuki » Sunday 14 August 2005 12:31:13pm

They've mentioned that a few times by now. House elves are not bound by the same rules wizards are
Tanuki
The Mad Dog of Slytherin

Postby Snow_Crystal » Sunday 14 August 2005 8:41:44pm

That's what I heard.
Snow_Crystal
Supreme Chancellor of the Gryffindor Messenger Service and Head of the Hogwarts Owlery

Postby SunsetG|rl » Sunday 14 August 2005 8:49:24pm

i heard this too...but then i wondered...can't be house elves used for special evil things...considering that their magic is different...maybe they can deafeat real wizards with that...
oh i think there is a topic on this already.something about armies of house elves
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Postby Fantasy girl » Monday 15 August 2005 1:27:09am

house elves have their own magic, so really they doon't count as apparating subjects, and aren't violating the law :-?
Fantasy girl
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Monday 15 August 2005 11:14:31am

thats a bad loophole for the good guys.. what if a house elf is under the control of a DE.. couldnt they appirate in and spy on people or attack them in the night?
Salazar Slytherin

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Monday 15 August 2005 11:18:06am

i never thought of that.... i don't think house elves would attack people but they could be spying on the order
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Monday 15 August 2005 11:28:01am

they could attack people i mean if they were put under imperus curse, because house elves have strong magic so they can fight.
Salazar Slytherin

Postby SunsetG|rl » Monday 15 August 2005 11:35:44am

i don't think they even have to be put under the imperius curse. is is enough to be given a strong order. do you think that if kreacher (i'm not sure i spelled it right) would belong to belatrix and she would give him an order to attack harry... i don't think he would stay to think about the morality of what he is to do. i think they don't have their own laws that tell it is wrong to attack others. and even if they have these laws...i'm sure they could break them
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Monday 15 August 2005 11:39:40am

i think kreacher would definetly attack harry, i mean really he hates him, he would have nothign to do with harry if the black heritage hadnt been inherated by harry.
Salazar Slytherin

Postby SunsetG|rl » Monday 15 August 2005 11:44:21am

so actually i made the point. if ordered, elves can harm human beeings (or wizard beeings :grin: ) and not only if they are ordered: think about dobby, when he tried to keep harry out of hogwarts. anyway the ideea is there are no laws to bound them (i'm thinking now of the laws of robots in asimov's books). they are slaves but they can attack whenever/whoever. (but there already is a topic about this). and since their magic is different they might prove to be dangerous. the only thing is... there can be good elves too :D
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Postby Salazar Slytherin » Monday 15 August 2005 11:46:22am

yea i think dd should have blocked house elve appirattion and magic inside the castle as well as wizarding if he even could.
Salazar Slytherin

Postby SunsetG|rl » Monday 15 August 2005 11:55:34am

but wouldn't that be a problem? i mean maybe the elves could no longer be able to light a fire in all the common rooms or to prepare dinner for all the students or clean the bathrooms properly (i believe it's their job also). and then all the comfort would be doomed.
but their is a posibility that most bad (evil i mean) wizards are to proud to use house elves for their buissnes. elves are known to be looked down at by most wizards in the comunity (think about the statue at the mom). so then their own stupid feeling of superiority will stop them to use elves for evil deedes. and probably rarely has been a case of elves making bad things. (if there have been many probably the comunity's trust in elves would have been diminueshed) cause i don't think that LV was the only bad guy across the ages. think how many thieves could use house elves just to seal. (but then smaller houses have spells against appariton even for elves).
i think i kinda got lost in my own words. hope i made some sense
SunsetG|rl
Moon Bunny Chaser

Next

Return to The Books