The Next Generation

A home for old scenarios who may have come to an end for RPG playing but whose life and excitement can still be enjoyed in story form.

Moderators: Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes

The Next Generation

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Thursday 30 August 2007 12:46:19am

The original name for this scenario was Hogwarts 2016/2017. by the creator's request, i have changed it to The Next Generation.

The year is 2016 and Voldemort was defeated 19 years ago. Hogwarts has been rebuilt for awhile. Life in the Wizarding World is relatively quiet compared to when Voldemort was around. Rumor has it that Albus Severus Potter, Ginny and Harry Potter's youngest son, is starting Hogwarts this year! He is known to be named after Albus Dumbledore, the former Headmaster of HOgwarts, and Severus Snape, who's alliance was questionable for many years. Harry and Ginny's older son, James, has attened Hogwarts this past year. Board the Hogwarts Express and get ready for what should be an interesting year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry!

The start of this RPG is set in September 2016.

Many thanks to DucksRMagical for creating this RPG.

If you would like to join this RPG, please create a character through this link.

EDIT: This RPG has gone straight to suspension, due to the fact that a method of closure to the story has not yet been decided upon. Feel free to PM me if you wish to post again BEFORE the epilogue, and I will unlock the thread for you. --Fawkes
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby DucksRMagical » Thursday 30 August 2007 1:32:06am

Professor Sprague sat at her desk in her office. The students would be arriving in a few hours. She was reviewing the list of new first years. There were some familiar last names. Siblings of students she had been teaching for years. She got down to the P's and one name caused her to do a double take. The list said 'Albus Severus Potter'. That must be Harry Potter's youngest son!

Professor Sprague looked up from the list and let herself walk down memory lane. She was in the 5th year when Harry Potter had come to Hogwarts. She remembered it well. And of course, Albus Dumbledore had been Headmaster at the time. Galena Sprague had also had Severus Snape for a potions professor. He seemed to dislike her from the start. It might have been because she melted her cauldron on the first day. Galena could laugh at this memory now, but when she was a first year, it scared her out of her wits. Snape had, of course, given her a detention.

Professor Sprague got up from her chair and began to pace her office. She was quite interested to meet Albus Potter. Although she hoped he'd be less of a trouble maker than his older brother, James.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Thursday 30 August 2007 1:42:36am

Valencia Marcellus ran around the classroom, making last minute preparations for the upcoming year. The students would be here soon, and this disorganized teacher was nowhere near being ready. The DADA Professor stopped to look in the mirror on her classroom wall as she walked past. Hmmm...... she thought. Bright blue hair really isn't my thing. She screwed up her face in concentration, and it turned back into her usual long, sleek, jet black hair, in a knot at the back of her head. Much better.
Valencia continued preparing. Gathering up books, rearranging desks. Why do I always wait until the last minute. The Feast will be starting soon.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Thursday 30 August 2007 3:37:10pm

Jackie was sitting in a compartment alone. Waiting for her friends to show up. She was always early for everything. From a gob-stones match to dinner. Open on her lap was a battered notebook. She wrote everything in it. She had kept it since her first day at Hogwarts. She had been adding new pages magically every year since.
This page was covered in one sentence. Over and over again. I Love James Potter. The compartment door opened, abd in walked the boy himself. Jackie slammed the book shut. She had only showed the book to one person. One of her three best friends, Shauna Burgstein. Her third best friend was Devin Marksen. But he was always late for everything. James sat down opposite from her. She smiled at him. A warm smile that she saved only for hm.
"How was your summer?"she asked
"Fine"James answered,"Yours.'
"My little sister tried to see if she was magical also, again."
"What she do this time?"James asked. His easy grin slowly spreading acrosst his face Jackie's nine-year-old sister, Mary's, previous antics had spread all around the school.
"Jumped off the garage roof to see if she could fly. She broke her arm, but she never learns.'
Shauna enetered the compartment, followed closely by Devin. Jackie recounted her story for the two new-comers, and they were off to their third year at Hogwarts.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby DucksRMagical » Thursday 30 August 2007 4:27:46pm

Professor Sprague walked out of her office and into the Transfiguration classroom. She walked through it, checking to see if everything was ready. Every surface was spotless and not a book was out of place. Galena had already prepared the classroom a while ago, she never waited until the last minute. But now she had nothing to do. Nothing to do, but wait.

Galena was quite excited about the new school year. She always was. The prospect of new first years to teach was quite thrilling. Galena had known she wanted to teach the moment she set foot in Minerva McGonagall's transfiguration class. Galena had always had a talent for transfiguration. She was the first in her year to successfully transfigure her match into a needle.

The professor looked at her watch. It would still be a few hours until the train arrived. But she supposed she'd better go collect the Sorting Hat from the Headmaster's office. Galena stopped pacing the classroom and walked out into the corridor.
DucksRMagical

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Thursday 30 August 2007 6:51:42pm

Valencia finished preparing her classroom and went into the Great Hall. Surprisingly, she was the first on there. She was late for almost everything.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 31 August 2007 6:07:48am

Arthur Dursley sat in a compartment with four first years that he didn't know. It was awkward. The light outside the window was dimming now, and the room was getting colder.

It felt cold to him, anyway. He was too nervous to speak; he hoped the other four were feeling the same, rather than just not liking him.

It was apparent that all five first years in the compartment were muggle-borns, because none of them had any idea what to say or talk about. They had talked shortly at the beginning of the journey about what they thought Hogwarts was going to be like, but none of them had any idea about anything after the train journey.

It was one giant step into the unknown for all of them, frankly.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby DucksRMagical » Friday 31 August 2007 3:37:32pm

It was odd to walk through the corridors while they were empty. It was very quiet. The only time it was this quiet was right before term started. Even during classes, there was a lot of noise. Teachers shouting at their students, occasional explosions, and students who were late or skipping class wandering the corridors.

Galena rather enjoyed a stroll through the empty corridors before term started. It cleared her mind. She made her way to the Headmaster's study. "Blast-Ended Skrewt," she said, and the stone gargoyle moved aside and allowed Galena to climb the stairs to the office.

Galena knocked on the door. "Come in," the headmaster said.

"Hello, headmaster," Galena replied, "I'm here to collect the sorting hat." Professor Sprague enjoyed looking around the headmaster's study. There always seemed to be something new and interesting in it. Today, it was a cauldron full of what appeared to be chocolate fondue.

"Could I interest you in some fondue before you leave?" the headmaster said, gesturing to the cauldron.

"Not today, but thanks anyway," Galena responded. She walked over to the shelves and picked up the Sorting Hat and its stool. The portrait of Professor Dumbledore winked at her as she did so.

"I believe there's a very interesting student coming to Hogwarts this year, Galena," Dumbledore said. "Very interesting, indeed."

"Yes, I've heard. Well, I better get this down to the Great Hall. See you at the feast, Headmaster." Galena exited the office with the Sorting Hat in hand.

"Good day, Galena," the headmaster said.
DucksRMagical

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Friday 31 August 2007 4:28:38pm

Valencia took her seat at the staff table, savoring the quiet. Soon the students would be arriving, and the sorting would begin. And then classes would start.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 1 September 2007 3:30:22am

A student wearing a badge opened the door to the compartment.

"We'll be arriving at Hogsmeade in 5 minutes. Just leave all your things here, they'll be taken up to your dormitories separately." The badged student closed the door and said the same to the adjacent compartment.

The group were already in their robes, and waited anxiously for the train to stop. Finally, it did.

They all got up and marched slowly out of the room.
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Postby DucksRMagical » Saturday 1 September 2007 11:31:25pm

Galena made her way into the Great Hall. A few professors were already there. She was quite surprised to see Professor Marcellus was there. Galena walked towards the head table and set the Sorting Hat down in front of it.

"Hello, Valencia," Galena greeted her, "Surprised to see you here. The feast won't be starting for another hour or so. I don't believe I've ever seen you early for something."
DucksRMagical

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 2 September 2007 7:46:01pm

Professor Spague came in with the Sorting Hat and told her how surprised she was that Professor Marcellus was early."I know, it surprised me, too." Valencia replied. "Suddenly I realized that I had actually finished something early for a change, so I decided to come down. I'm on a role!"
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 4 September 2007 7:12:16pm

"That's good, maybe you could arrive on time for more things this year!" Galena said, but she knew that Valencia would start being late for meals by the end of the week.

Galena walked over to the window and looked out onto the grounds. It was a relatively sunny day. Much unlike her own first day at Hogwarts, where she arrived in the Great Hall dripping wet and shivering after sailing across the lake.

"Well, I better get downstairs and wait for the first years to arrive," Galena told Valencia as more professors were entering the hall. "I'll see you in a bit."
DucksRMagical

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Monday 10 September 2007 12:26:54am

"See you in a bit." Valencia replied as Gelena left the hall. Then she continued observing the hall. It looked much bigger when there weren't any students in it.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby DucksRMagical » Saturday 15 September 2007 1:10:09am

Galena walked out into the Entrance Hall, but her mind was still thinking about Albus Potter and she wasn't walking where she was going. Suddenly she walked into something cold.

"Oh!" Galena shouted. She looked up. "Er, sorry, Professor Binns, I wasn't paying attention."

"Quite all right, Galena," Binns responded as he floated into the Great Hall.

Despite teaching alongside Binns, Galena still felt like a student around him. He was the only teacher she called 'Professor' while not around students.

Galena continued walking until she reached the doorway that lead to outside near the lake. She opened the door and glanced out. It was properly dark now, but she didn't see any lights from the boats yet. Now all there was to do was to wait until the students arrived.
DucksRMagical

Next

Return to RPG Archive: The Vault