J.K. Rowling Adopted a Greyhound!

A forum dedicated to Harry Potter creator, JK Rowling. A place to discuss interiews, news details and more about the fabulously talented author.

Moderator: Phoenix in the Ashes

J.K. Rowling Adopted a Greyhound!

Postby DucksRMagical » Sunday 14 October 2007 1:06:52am

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/other/d ... 98.0.0.php

I tried to copy and paste the article, but the board won't let me. I get a debug message. You'll just have to click the link.

I'm so glad she adopted a dog! I'm a big advocate of adopting homeless pets and it's great to see her adopt a dog.
:grin:

You can see pics at this site.

http://www.greyhoundrescuefife.com/
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby Scellanis » Tuesday 16 October 2007 7:34:30pm

Yeah, its totally great

I have some friends who are always helping out with a Greyhound charity, not the one she used but its nice to hear she not only adopted the dog but donated ?1000 to the place at the same time. (or at least thats what the Metro said anyway)

[Double post edited - PITA]
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 16 October 2007 9:53:07pm

Yeah, I read she donated 1000 pounds too. I was just so happy when I saw that.

There are so many irresponsible celebrity pet owners (Paris Hilton, Britney Spears, etc.) here in the US, so it was so nice to see.
DucksRMagical

Re: J.K. Rowling Adopted a Greyhound!

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 19 August 2008 2:20:24am

Her kids must be having fun, too. Dogs are great companions, as long as you don't treat them like an accessory.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby *Riley* » Tuesday 19 August 2008 12:03:19pm

Well, I hate when people treat their dogs like daughters/sons, it really annoys me. Like take Paris Hilton for instance, her dog 'Tinkerbell' has a Gouchi suit, and other big designer name clothing. I think the natural coat of hair is fine :razz:
My dogs have kennels, but not like those mansions the celebrities give their dogs..
This raises another question, well, two actually..
:rant:
Would Jo spend lots of money on her dogs ? And would her kids be spoiled ? I sure know that I would love to make friends with one of her kids, and then they would invite me for tea, and then I would sneak into Jo's writing file, and look at all the Harry Potter stuff... Mwahaha!
And yes, it WILL happen :eekie:
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 19 August 2008 2:44:30pm

I hate when people treat their dogs like they aren't dogs, but I have no problem with people treating dogs like they are their daughters/sons. Paris Hilton drives me nuts because she doesn't realize that her dog is still a dog. She dresses the poor dog up in clothes, carries her in purses, and never walks her. Of course, she also got rid of Tinkerbell because she got too big. :rolleyes:

But I love when people treat their dogs as part of the family. My dog is like my kid. He's part of the family. He sleeps on the couch, gets fed good food, and is loved. I would never dream of letting him live outside alone all the time. I really dislike it when people chain their dogs up outside all the time. What's the point of having a dog if you're not even going to pay attention to him? But I could go on and on all day about animal treatment. It's one of the things I'm passionate about.

As far as Jo's kids, I imagine that they are not spoiled. JKR just strikes me as the kind of person who wouldn't spoil her children. Despite her fame and fortune, she's still normal. She's not like most of the American celebrities who spend money left and right and are stuck up and think they're the greatest thing on earth.
DucksRMagical

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 20 August 2008 9:09:29am

Yes, we have two dogs, and we love them to bits. I refuse to see my animals in shirts or pants, or any accessories possible besides a simple bow on the collar. They are family, and we would not like to torture them. Paris Hilton is stupid to think that she should torture a dog like that, and get rid of her just because she's too big. We've got a fat, lazy, chihuaha pomeranian mix who, after seven years, still isn't potty-trained, and we still love her.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Return to J. K. Rowling