Plane Scare

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Plane Scare

Postby salemboy » Friday 25 July 2008 10:09:02pm

I was just watching the News, and a plane had suffered from a big hole, right near the fueselage. It landed somewhere in Australia.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Re: Plane Scare

Postby choki » Monday 28 July 2008 10:42:19am

Quantas jet that had an emergency landing at Manila?
it's scary... I don't really enjoying flying on airplanes due to such scary accident
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby salemboy » Monday 28 July 2008 8:03:33pm

Planes are the only way to get to and from Japan, unless you like taking a three week boat ride.
salemboy

Postby choki » Wednesday 30 July 2008 3:04:20pm

to travel across countries, plane is the most feasible way, unless you happen to leave in Europe where the cities are linked by the high speed rails!

I have been on the plane for 4 times and I would say I stay completely still until the plane is on the air... Take off and landing scares me the most
choki

Postby youknowwho » Friday 1 August 2008 4:04:02am

Personally I love flying. I got to fly a small cessna type plane for my birthday a few years ago and it was awsome! :D :double jump:
youknowwho
Fully Qualified Lizard

Location: on the outskirts of a small galaxy in the middle of nowhere

Postby salemboy » Friday 1 August 2008 5:19:04am

Fawkes, if you like flying, then you obviously haven't been economy class on a flight from Japan to the East Coast of the U.S. After the first four hours, you really begin to hate plane travel.
salemboy

Postby *Riley* » Friday 1 August 2008 7:16:56am

Fawkes?
I saw that thing on the news, how scary. Apparently the oxygen masks didn't work either... :eek:
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby DucksRMagical » Friday 1 August 2008 3:49:47pm

Wow, that's scary!

I think you meant youknowwho, salem. Fawkes has never flown before. Last time I flew was when I was 5. I don't really think I'd enjoy it now.
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby salemboy » Saturday 2 August 2008 4:28:51am

Whoops. Sorry, Fawkes. Sorry, YKW. Yeah, flying ain't that fun.
salemboy

Postby youknowwho » Friday 15 August 2008 1:41:47am

I suppose going through the whole commercial airline thing would be a pain in the arse especcially if you don't get a window seat. But actually flying the plane wicked fun!! :D
youknowwho
Fully Qualified Lizard

Location: on the outskirts of a small galaxy in the middle of nowhere

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Friday 15 August 2008 4:06:01am

I've always loved flying even though I've never flown in a plane. But I know that the minute I fly, I'll always be thinking about how wonderful it is and no one besides God himself will be able to keep on the ground just like it is with sailing.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby salemboy » Friday 15 August 2008 4:19:06pm

So you've never flown, and you think you'll love it? Ok, let me tell you something.

Unless you are First Class, which is very expensive, will sit in business class or economy class. Business is for business trips, but they provide a bit more room than economy. Economy is a stuffy plane ride next to people you probably don't know, with food that you probably won't like, and it's really just not fun, plus, half of the time, when you look out your window you will most likely see a white blanket of clouds. Flying might look like, fun, but it's really just torturous.
salemboy

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Friday 15 August 2008 5:55:43pm

I think that I'd enjoy sitting next toi people I don't know. It could be entertaining especially if they're the stuffy business type.
Anyway, I wasn't talking about commercial flights. I have a softt spot for old WWi and WWII war planes. Especially the French Fennec and American P-51 Mustang from WWII. And French Nieuports from WWI and American Sopwith Salamanders and Camels. One of my goals in life is to find some that work and fly them. Or fix some with YKW's help and fly them. I also like helicopters and I'm a fair sailor.
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Postby *Riley* » Saturday 16 August 2008 5:42:13am

It must be the flights you have Salemboy, because mine were great.
On the way their, I sat next to my brother, and on the way back I sat next to a man about Luaps age. Poor poor man. He couldnt get me to shut up. I wonder wat ever happened to him.. :lol:

And my dream is to fly... without any help from anyone! I just want to drop of a cliff and fly.
*Day dreams about jumping off a cliff and forgetting how to fly and ends up splattered on some rocks*
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby choki » Saturday 16 August 2008 7:52:13am

hmmm, I mostly sat with my friends on plane flights
so the 1st few hrs will be chatting non stop, followed by card games or simply watching the inflight entertainment (countless of movies, tv programs) and if all else fails, plug in my MP3 player and enjoy myself till the plane lands

I can't sleep on plane though~
choki

Return to The Great Hall