Twilight Series

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Twilight Series

Postby salemboy » Sunday 14 September 2008 1:22:07pm

I'm not that big of a fan of the Twilight Series, but whoever is should really check out this site: http://www.theinsider.com/news/1164174__Twilight_Author_Yanks_Final_Book_In_Protest . I'm not kidding, you NEED to read this.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Re: Twilight Series

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 14 September 2008 3:11:29pm

ah yes, i remember reading this on stephenie meyer's website. rather disappointed.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby DucksRMagical » Sunday 14 September 2008 5:57:09pm

I love Twilight. I was quite disappointed that someone released Midnight Sun without Stephenie's approval. I was looking forward to that book. Stephenie has put all the chapters she's written so far on her website, though. I haven't gotten a chance to read it yet.

www.stepheniemeyer.com
DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Postby madams1993 » Friday 28 November 2008 10:02:11pm

I have only read the first two books but I loved them both. And when my friend told me someone had spolied the next book i was p***d. I think she should still publish it because I don't want to read a book online. I can't wait to go see the movie!!!!!!!!!!
madams1993
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby *Riley* » Saturday 29 November 2008 12:33:54am

Ah, the infamous Twilight Series.
A mushy vampire romance with a few cliches of it's own :P
I have read the first book, I liked it a little, but it could have a little more action/fantasy, but then again, that is what I like reading and was shocked to find it was a romance.
I am proud to say, I have seen the movie, and it does undermine the books a little, the fighting looks to 'fake'. I am not going to spoil it, however, I still do recommend it to any Twilight fan.
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby Wanderful » Saturday 29 November 2008 1:04:33am

Eurgh.
The Twilight Series is pure ickyness.
I despise it, and the movie cast. They destroyed the movie, and Stephenie could've done so much better with the characters and the imagination she has. I am just extremly dissapointed,
However, this doesn't matter because wherever I look. Someone has a Twilight t-shirt on, or there is a Twilight poster there.
*Runs in circles screaming*
Wanderful
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: Hogwarts, watching Paul cast spells around the forum to protect it from bugs.

Postby MoonDancer » Saturday 29 November 2008 1:10:31am

Did someone say *tremble* TWILIGHT
*squee*
I lurv Twilight, it absolutely captivates my heart and sends it fluttering to Edward Cullens house :razz:
Aaron, get a grip, Twilight is the hottest trend going around. Just to annoy you, I bought a Twilight t-shirt and am going to wear it when I know you're going to be around :lol:
I love RPatterson forever... *lovesick sigh*
MoonDancer
Squib

Postby DucksRMagical » Saturday 29 November 2008 4:55:56pm

I'm going to see it today with Godric, Fawkes, and Obladi! :popcorn: I can't wait! I've heard mixed reviews about it, but I want to develop my own opinion.

They've started work on the New Moon movie, too. :grin:
DucksRMagical

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Tuesday 2 December 2008 3:03:46am

I loved Twilight, but the movie really sucked...... They had better do better with New Moon.
I must I wasn't very stasfied with Breaking Dawn...... I mean, Stephenie Meyer violated the rules to her own story, at least in my opinion. But the story is good, and Edward is, in the words of my former English teacher, a "dreamboat".......
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Tuesday 2 December 2008 12:14:28pm

Hmf! I was GOING to go and see it but now I'm not so sure! And reading the book too... hmmm... perhaps! But a fun vampire movie was Van Helsing, I had never seen it, now that's a good story about all our favourite fantasy monsters...

Lol... so Twighlight is the latest trend/fad.. I must keep up, seeing as I'm gonna be a teacher by the end of next year! Oh I'm sooooooooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!

Plus...me loves vampire stories... (Anne Rice.. .cough cough... she rocks!)

xx
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby gabbylove143 » Friday 5 December 2008 8:54:42pm

I love edward. SO hottttttt
gabbylove143
Squib

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Saturday 6 December 2008 4:14:14am

*sigh* My infatuation with Edward is officially dead. I just realized that he doesn't like the Beatles! Don't worry I'm not being superficial, this has been coming on for a while, and was just the icing on top of the cake...
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby *Riley* » Saturday 6 December 2008 4:20:03am

Bliss... a girl who doesn't like Edward, how rare! ;)
I am going to see the movie this weekend, so hopefuly I don't get spoiled.
*Glares at Fawkes*
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Saturday 6 December 2008 4:32:56am

LOL! :lol:
Don't worry about spoilers, I try not to think about the movie too much... Hmm, Edward rant's a coming (don't worry, if you've read the books, there are no spoilers)

I mean really! He just dismisses music from the 60s and 70s as if it's nothing! The Beatles! Creators of the one and only, I am the Walrus! How can he just wave it aside?
And geez, he's just so controlling! Come on, Bella, wake up! Edward is cramping your style, if I were you I would have kicked him to the curb a long time ago! He's not letting you hang out with your friends in Eclipse, for crying out loud! He breaks up with you, then expects it to be alright again once he comes back! That everything would be the same, that your incapable of making friends or falling in love the normal way! Don't let him control you, don't let him undermine your rights, or put you down because you're not so great at physical activity! Fight back!
Okay, rant over. If you read all the way through that, I applaud you. If you didn't, I understand.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby DucksRMagical » Saturday 6 December 2008 5:42:00am

I completely agree, Fawkes. In fact, I told you all of that back when you still had your Edward obsession. :lol: I do like Edward and think he's incredibly hot, but I've always been more of a Jacob fan. Jacob isn't nearly as controlling and he's very nice. And, hot, too. ;)

Although, Robert Pattinson as Edward is fantastic. He's a very very attractive guy. :grin: Much more so than the actor who plays Jacob. I just don't like the long hair he has. I've seen pictures of Taylor Lautner without his long hair and he's much better looking.
DucksRMagical

Next

Return to The Great Hall