Mint, choki and video games.

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Mint » Monday 18 October 2004 6:35:31pm

neh, I dont think Im gonna go for Suikoden-2. My fav. character (Chris) is not there - and my next game (whenever I finish FFX-2) will be Star Ocean ^-^ which will last me for ever and ever the way I play games right now :grin: Plus, I think I know why people claim that 2nd Suikoden was better then 3rd - its like everything was new during the 2nd Suikoden - 3rd had a lot of things similar to the last one so it wasn't as original... Its like Chrono Cross and Chrono Trigger :) I played them in opposite order so I have different opinion then other players.

Good luck with 108 characters - in Suk.3 I had to replay the final battle like 10 times to get the last 4 >_<'!

My next investment is gonna be new GameShark. I already have Gameshark for PSII - but its an old version and I am having so many problems with it (its because the company that owns it changed so they dont support it anymore -_-)

I am soo far away from that perfect ending for FFX-2, but its totally ok - I have a DVD with all the CG scenes, including the perfect ending. ^-^

Gwared - why is it hard to get Suikoden III? R u in US? o.o

Also a question for you guys - does your most fav. game ever happens to be one of the first vgames you played?
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby choki » Wednesday 20 October 2004 7:54:09am

Lol, I miss all the old cartridges games I used to play when young. I guess it is the interaction with my siblings I miss most. (Old games tend to be 2 players)

Sonic and Tails, Gun Star Heroes, and some japanese ninja games played in 2D (cute). But I hated Mario...there were far too many stages and no password/save game :(
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Mint » Wednesday 20 October 2004 1:03:49pm

choki wrote:..games I used to play when young.

:lol: and what r you now? old? :grin: :o :evil: heeeey! that makes me... I think you meant "little" :grin:

Anyway, my first game was on PS so I don't know about cartriges.. but one of my first games was "Legend of Mana" which you can play with 2 people. I played it with my sister and it was soo much fun - so I know what you mean. :(

lol, we had this funnest fight - I was stuck with strange girl that did absolutely no fighting at all :o or at least we couldn't figure out how to make her fight... so my goal was to run around like crazy and try not to die. Omg, it was such a blast... sob, I miss my sis...gonna see her this weekend (last time I saw her was 2 months ago).

How many siblings do you have Choki? (may be you told me before I can't remember)
Mint

Postby choki » Wednesday 20 October 2004 6:01:45pm

LOL...I thought the word to use when describing childhood is young not little (more for size)
Yes I am still young now :grin: at least younger than you! :razz:

I have 2 younger sisters. But during the cartridge era, only 1 of them (No. 1) was old enough to play. No. 3 was somewhere in her cot. During the disc era, rotation was necessary. And now...no one fights with me haha.
I remembered how I always teach No. 2 to play. I would command her to move this way, do this, do that. She always need my help.
choki

Postby Mint » Thursday 21 October 2004 3:01:47pm

LOOL!!! I love this numbering system I want more sister so I can number them!! :grin: "Number 1! :evil: Babysit number 2 and 3 till I return!" LOOL!

Im sorry Choki - I know you did it not to confuse me, it just sounded so cute and funny :grin:

Soooo, you used to command your sister around too.. *looks down with quild* Do they ask for your help now...somtimes?

Its funny, but I always asked my little sister for help -_-' :oops: But we started playing when she was 12 so...Im just too old... *sees Choki pointing finger at her and laughing* :o :grin:

choki wrote:Yes I am still young now :grin: at least younger than you! :razz:

:eek: :eek: :evil: :grin:

no its definitely "when I was little" ...I actually said same thing as you couple of times and was corrected <.< I think little goes for 1-14 years of age... at least thats how I imagine it now... young is 15-indefinitelly in my case :lol:

What was your first game (cartrige/disk)? what was ur first role-playing game?
Mint

Postby choki » Thursday 21 October 2004 5:31:59pm

Ooops...I made a mistake with the numbering...LOL I have 2 sisters. So No. 1 is actually me.

Hmm, normally both of them ask me for help more than I. Usually it is about school work. Kinda like a free tuition teacher :cry:

First cartridge was on a nintendo. (cream coloured console with blue eject switch) A game about a pair of dragons...trying to win stages by defeating evil entity....haha it is fixed screen and with ladders.

First disc was Street Fighter Puzzle Fighter! Cute game

First RPG was Final Fantasy 8 :grin:
choki

Postby Mint » Friday 22 October 2004 2:30:26pm

Aww, I also used to help my sis with her homework...but then we would eventually get into a fight and she wouldn't talk to me for weeks.. Its good Choki, trust me you want her to do well in school. If not it creates soo many problems later on...

FF8 :grin: You got through all 4 disks?! *pets Choki* lol did it take you 6months too? XD I don't even remember how long it really took me, all I remember is when I finally finished it, I was in shock :o, it seemed to me that I've been playing that game all my life x_x lol. But I did get every single thing that you could possably could get out of that game... Including the 99 Invinsible spells from cards (I think thats what those were called.... its that spell that you cast and nothing can hurt you...at all), so my last battle was such a piece of cake. I just hit that ...whatever her name was...and she couldn't do a thing. :evil grin:

My first RPG was Chorono Cross. I never played games before so everything was soooo new and original that it left that big impression on me that no other game did.
Mint

Postby choki » Friday 22 October 2004 4:58:42pm

Ultimacia was the final boss name. You got everything? Including side games abt the Moogle (some alien space crafts you need to find during battles in some beaches) And the Monkey guy? (The rock throwing pond somewhere near Timble)

It sure took me quite a while to play but when I was really into the game I could finish half a disc in a day! (I think it was during disc 2 because I was so sad when I chose Rinoa, Zell and Selphie for the mission to disarm the missile centre. And they died! Well...I thought they kinda perished until I saw them later part in disc 2)
choki

Postby Mint » Friday 22 October 2004 8:46:06pm

yeah lol, Im vagely starting to remember XD alien was a pain, and I did do that stupid monkey...which was also a pain.

Actually the only sidequest which was trully worth the time was at the very end, when you had to find a ship parked somewhere.. and play cards with all of these random character on it and get all the rare cards unlimited amount of times. THAT was awsome. (remember you had rare cards...like squal card or smth and you could convert it into rare items?) I had 99 of everything. XD

They all died? I dont remember that o.o -_-; I do remember all of the super awsome CGs :P
Mint

Postby choki » Saturday 23 October 2004 1:09:34pm

You mean the White SeeD ship somewhere parking near the Centra continent? Oooh I didn't managed to get all the rare cards :(

The part where the missile command centre auto-destructed. Everything kinda exploded ya know...so I thought the characters were dead for sure, but this being a video game, they seems to have super powers :o
choki

Postby Mint » Tuesday 26 October 2004 1:10:30pm

oh I remember now!! lol, I was stuck prior to that and I looked into the guide online so erm....i sort of saw what was ahead of me and spoiled it for myself :(

Yes, that ship. I was looking for it for-ever, it was so annoying but was sooo worth it. This one card (i believe Laguna) would give you 10 invinsible things. And since there was no limit on how many times you can get the card - I got 10 of them to get 100 items (lol I had 100 of everything comes to think of it). And then if you cast that invinsible thing - no magical of physical attack can harm you ^-^

eh... yeah, those were the days... now Im lucky if I come close to finishing a game XD (im still playing FFX-2)

Choki, did you ever play Star Ocean on PS1?
Mint

Postby choki » Tuesday 26 October 2004 4:41:23pm

Eh...nope...Star Ocean, a RPG? What's it about?
choki

Postby Mint » Wednesday 27 October 2004 1:41:25pm

I dont know, I was hoping you do :grin:

Yes, its an RPG...and the new part of it came out very recently and is suppose to be super good. (I can't play it untill i finish FF) I just wanted to find out what the other parts were about. Oh well, surprise is always good.

How many RPGs did you ever play?
Mint

Postby choki » Wednesday 27 October 2004 5:43:47pm

lol. FF 8, Suikoden 1 n 2, Grandia, and some other which I forgot.
It seems like I played only a few popular RPGs. :razz:
choki

Postby Mint » Thursday 28 October 2004 2:06:44pm

choki wrote:lol. FF 8, Suikoden 1 n 2, Grandia, and some other which I forgot.
It seems like I played only a few popular RPGs. :razz:

tsk tsk tsk yeah it does :lol: Its funny also - I remember each game that I played...o_o (that tells you how many games it was ^^;)

By the way do you know anything of PSP? o_o I keep seing it being mentioned everywhere!

This FFX-2 game is neverending...I was so happy that I got to the last chapter yesterday and then I looked at the walkthrough and... this chapter is like half of the game :lol: Boss fight after boss fight after boss fight. I wonder if I will have to add this game to my growing collection of unfinished games <_<'

By the way, there is a really awsome PS1 game that I never finished. "Valkyrie Profile" - heared of that?
Mint

PreviousNext

Return to The Great Hall