Which book (1-6) is your favourite so far? *Spoiler warning*

Which one is your favorite so far. Are they getting even better as the characters develop over time?

Moderators: Nightcrawler, Mint, Simatra, Asphodel, Athena Appleton

Which book is your favorite so far ? Harry Potter and...

...the Philosopher´s Stone
2%
...the Chamber of Secrets
4%
...the Prisoner of Azkaban
16%
...the Goblet of Fire
20%
...the Order of the Phoenix
16%
...the Half-Blood Prince
42%

Total votes : 50

Which book (1-6) is your favourite so far? *Spoiler warning*

Postby Mr3d » Sunday 17 July 2005 5:17:38pm

Please read them all before answering.

Feel free to give reasons even if it means "spoiling" the 6th book.
Mr3d
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby thestral » Sunday 17 July 2005 7:31:09pm

i loved HBP, i was nearly ready to give up on the HP books after being disappointed 2 times in a row by GoF and then OotP. but HBP kicked ass. it didn't let up for a moment. and i loved the tying up of all the loose ends. it was really satisfying finally knowing why voldemort didn't die and although i was sad at first that harry won't return to hogwarts. i'm actually pleased now. it'll be anything goes in no. 7, cos there won't be the usual formula of dursely-burrow-train-hogwarts-big fight right at end of year, DD gives speech and they all go home.

that's all gone, and it'll be much more exciting. harry turned into a man in this one and that was my favourite thing about HBP. no more self-pitying excuses or blaming others. no one left to protect him anymore. it's only him left. oh yeah, bring on book 7!!!
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby Ginny-DA » Sunday 17 July 2005 7:42:12pm

I think OotP was best. It kept me gripped (and gasping) the whole way through. I still think there is something more to this Neville stuff that wasn't touched upon in HBP, but will come back in the 7th book.
Ginny-DA
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Sunday 17 July 2005 8:35:49pm

HBP definitely. Even with the death of a dear friend, more dear than Sirius even, it still outshined the others by far. Props to JK for another intriuging installment in the already fabulous HP series.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby JKR-ROCKS » Sunday 17 July 2005 9:29:51pm

I have not read HBP yet. Am waiting for it in the mail!!!!! This is just terrible. I should not be here reading any of this!!!!!!!! But my fave is probably GoF so far. It was really interesting throughout the whole book. Also with mad-eye not being who he really was. It was awesome. :D
JKR-ROCKS
Muggle

Postby Augusta Longbottom » Sunday 17 July 2005 9:45:54pm

although the death in this one broke my heart, I loved every second of this book. When OotP had come out I had been disappointed on my 1st read through it and it took me another read through before I could appreciate it...but the HBP was exceptional from beginning to end. I think I liked it so much because it does begin to tie up many loose ends...I think it begins to follow a bit different format than previous books (obviously preparing us for the remaining book) and there are so many more heart warming moments. My only disappointment was how quickly I finished it!
Augusta Longbottom
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: in Hufflepuff Common Room counting the days till the release of Deathly Hallows

Postby Ginny Potter » Sunday 17 July 2005 10:18:05pm

Gran Longbottom wrote:although the death in this one broke my heart, I loved every second of this book. When OotP had come out I had been disappointed on my 1st read through it and it took me another read through before I could appreciate it...but the HBP was exceptional from beginning to end. I think I liked it so much because it does begin to tie up many loose ends...I think it begins to follow a bit different format than previous books (obviously preparing us for the remaining book) and there are so many more heart warming moments. My only disappointment was how quickly I finished it!

Without this coming across as spam I hope, you took the words right out of my mouth, Gran Longbottom! :grin: I couldn't have said it better.
Ginny Potter
Fully Qualified Wizard

Location: At Starbucks, whenever possible, reading and loading up on caffeine. :)

Postby paintballdecoy » Monday 18 July 2005 1:34:28am

I really liked Voldemort's history, it should what kind of a person he was and how he became the 'person' he is, I should add that I use the term person loosly.
paintballdecoy
Chief Paintball Wizard, Theory Master and Voldemort Spy

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Monday 18 July 2005 9:42:21am

Prisoner of Azkaban is still my favourite but HBP is in a very close 2nd place of my favourite HP book...

I was in tears when DD died and was still in tears when I finished because it had ended so quickly...I found the first chapter a bit boring but all in all I suppose it was great... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Postby thestral » Monday 18 July 2005 1:37:13pm

i think everything gran longbottom about HBP just about summed up how i felt about it. i liked seeing the usual predictable format change for once. and i felt the same about OotP gran. i was sooooo disappointed by that. but in HBP i loved the tying up of the loose ends, it was so satisfying to read. although some people thought it was predictable, i could not have predicted the way that book was going at all. and although DD death shocked and saddened me, it wasn't the same as sirius' cruel pointless death. i sort of accepted DD's death pretty quick because it was something that had to happen for the books to progress without anyone for harry to hide behind in book 7.
thestral
Rogue auror, avenger of lost souls

Postby crystallised_pineapple » Tuesday 19 July 2005 11:42:13am

i didnt really like the first chapter either but after that i was completely hooked!!! HBP has replaced POA as my favourite HP book!! esp. all LVs history it was brilliant!!
crystallised_pineapple
Queen of The Pixies

Location: three broomsticks :D surrounded by empty butterbeer bottles...he he

Postby Bergdorfblonde » Tuesday 19 July 2005 12:09:19pm

I think I can't really judge if HBP will be my favourite book cos I've just read it once.
I really liked OotP because it was really funny and there were lots of events and new characters.
Bergdorfblonde
Squib

Postby Stumpy » Tuesday 19 July 2005 12:50:41pm

I dfound the OoTP hard to digest but the second time around it was ok, i think its because i rushed through wanting to know what happens. The 2nd time you pick up on the little things
Stumpy
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Violet » Tuesday 19 July 2005 5:19:17pm

well now i have read half blood prince its definately a choice between that and prisoner of azkaban.
i think that ootp was a bit too dark, and harry was really miserable so it put a bit of a downer on the whole book
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby blowtorch » Tuesday 19 July 2005 5:25:42pm

I cant really say which is my favourite.. but this book really had action only for 70-90 pages! The rest of the time was more about their loves n infatuations!
blowtorch
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Next

Return to The Books