Untitled, but inspired by my friend. he is moving

Try your skills at writing. A place for any non-Harry Potter fan fiction or writing of your own. Write your own original fan fics or even a completely original story here.

Moderators: DucksRMagical, Un'Anima Persa

Untitled, but inspired by my friend. he is moving

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Friday 17 June 2005 4:20:25pm

Prologue

“I swear I’ll never forget you.” her voice was soft, shaky. Her teary eyes met his, and he looked away.
“I won’t forget you either.” his voice was sure. His embrace was comforting. Strong, but sympathetic. They understood that they would probably never meet again, but they didn’t want their final goodbye to be like this. They joked about it every now and then, and they knew the end would come. Time just flew. Today was his last day at their school, and his presence would last in her heart forever.

Chapter one

“David’s moving.” said Jennifer. Her voice was flat.
“Ha! that’s good. but really, what did you want me for?” Rebecca inquired. She found it amusing that a teacher would joke about one of her best friends moving.
“David is moving.”
“Ok, c’mon now, stop! That isn’t funny.”
“I never said it was supposed to be.”
“You are serious, aren’t you?”
“Yes.”

The older of the two (she liked to make that known) got up, and left the other dumbstruck at her desk.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Saturday 23 July 2005 9:24:40pm

Rebecca looked back on that moment often. It was opne of the worst she ever had, and it had become lodged in her brain, haunting her when she least expected it.

Today didn't make it any better. She had recieved and invitation to David's "going Away" party, but her muom had to work, so it was impossible for her to bid farewell to her friend of those six long years. She lay in bed, sobbing.
Didn't her mom understand that she'd never be bale to see him again? "No, of course not" she thought. She got up and made her way to her radio. She hit the play button, and once again, dropped to her bed. It was country music. She had always sort of liked country, it was even better than the rock that always filled her house sometimes. It was like an escape, this kind of music always kind of made her feel a bit more secure, a bit more... safe.

"Angel carry me, Oh so far away..." the music was background to her thoughts. How would she break this to him? It was already painful enough to let him go, but telling him she wouldnt be there for him on his last day.
"May my body never touch the ground..."

A door opened downstairs, then shut. Her parents had just left with her siblings. "temple..." she thought. "More friends I'll never see again" She missed church. Ever since her mom converted, she hadn't been back there.

She was alone in the house. "Computer's free..." she contemplated.

The phone rang "Ah, might as well..." She said, rising from her pillow. She wiped her eyes, and found her way out of her dark room.

Downstairs, she looked at the caller ID. It was Artina. "It's always Artina..." She said, laughing. She picked up the phone, and slowly brought it to her ear. "Err.. Hi." said Rebecca

"HI!" squealed
Artina

"OWW! I have a headache! Please!"

"Oh, sorry..."

"Yeah..."

There was a short pause.

"Well," began artina "Should i call you back then?"

"Uh, yea, do you mind? I was gonna go for a run..."

"Really, its no problem... uh, bye"

"I'm sorry, I didnt mean to snap like that... but I promise I'll answer next time."

"ok, bye"
A click
"Artina? ARTINA!"
She waited for a response

"She hung up on me!"

Grabbing her cd player and backpack, she bolted out the door.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Tuesday 26 July 2005 7:44:33pm

She hardly ever went anywhere without her backpack. Her composition notebook was in there... it had all of her writing, all of her, well, thoughts, I guess. Her poetry, her stories even doodles and little things she wrote down in case she forgot about them. She never let anyone into it, never let anyone read the poems that "could've been" or "were". Never let anyone read anything that wasn't finished or needed editing. She kept most of her writing private. She only let people she considered really close read her poems, and even closer, or a total stranger, read someting like this.

Getting back to where we left off... Ah yes, running. She also loved running. "Running like no one can stop me, the wind with rushing around me, when the world is a blur, and i feel like im on top of the world... its awesome" That's how she describes it. She's fast, she wants to be on track team when she's older, or even now, but her middle school doesnt have one. In fact, they have no sports. But the teachers alone, they make up triple for it, and those sports mean a lot to her.

She ran past her grandma's house, then the church that always let out when she passed it on the way home from her old one. Then she made her way around to the fake mansion, complete with the greening statues and trimmed hedges. Her favorite part of her neighborhood though, was the trees. She loved nature.

She stopped, pulling her water bottle out of her pack. She brought it to her lips. "ugh. empty" she said aloud "i guess i'll be going home then..." disgusted, started home.

She was taking the shortcut home, slowly. "The more time out of the house, the better. I really don't like the summer. I don't DO anything... I miss my friends, my teachers. I want to learn." she thought, " I want to amount to something more than a drive-thru worker. I want to be something. I want to do something useful. If I can do one thing in my life that has a positive impact one somone else, I'll be happy"

Her walks, runs... whatever you want to call them, they gave her thinking time. Quiet, free, thinking time. Without them, she'd be lost, mad, socially challenged... She can sort things out this way. It's good for her, something she loves, and something she needs.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Curiouser » Tuesday 16 August 2005 6:06:54pm

At his point, while Rebecca is heading home, a girl of thirteen is nearly halfway across the world it seems, spending her final night in Paris in a resteraunt. Or, to be more specific, in a booth in a tiny chinese resteraunt. Usually she loves to eat her meals consisting of asian vegetables and noodles, but tonight she just uses her chopsticks to push the food around her plate.

I didn't even get to say goodbye. He invited me to both parties. Two of them. but I didn't make either of them.... I'm such a rotten friend.

Even though they had promised to visit each other once they got their licenses to drive, it wasn't the same. She would never again walk into class and see him sitting in one of the desks. She would never again spend recess in the back of the schoolyard on the picnic tables and debate heatedly over whether or not Jar Jar the Gungan deserved to die. She would never again get into trouble for singing crappy love songs in class, because her muse that gave her the courage to sing these songs was gone...

She looked up to see her mother across the table laughing because the waiter who only spoke french gave her white wine instead of white rice. Her father was almost done with his food, and was cleaning the plate with his chopsticks with great ease. And her brother next to her on the booth was moving his empty pho bowl away and reaching for a spring roll.

It seemed odd and a bit wrong that they could all be so happy, so blissfully carefree when one of the best people in the world was about to move to a strange state and a strange house in a foreign neighborhood. And there wasn't anything she could do about it.

I wish David didn't have to move.

The whole issue was certainly putting a damper on her mood during this godforsaken trip in Europe. She wasn't hungry at all, even though it was about 10:30 where she was. So she pushed the plate away from her wished for not the first or the last time,

I wanna go home.
Curiouser
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Wednesday 17 August 2005 2:47:08am

umm, ok????????????????????

i havent updated in a while, and i finally came out of my writers block, so i think ill continue now :)
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Wednesday 17 August 2005 2:48:25am

Back at her house, the AIM was how she left it. Only one person she knew on. everyone else were her mom's friends... She decided to talk to someone... it was either Artina, or her teacher... Ms. Harper...

it was too soon to call Artina back. Her head still hurt, and she wanted to talk without hearing.

"IM"

She sat down, careful not to scrape her arm on the arm of the chair. She clicked the screenname, and began typing.

Rem: err, hi? how r u??

Har: good

Rem: so, r u goin to david's thing? if u r can u tell him i said bye?

Har: well, why dont you? lol

Rem: I tried calling, but he already disconnected his fone.

Har: meant there...

Rem: i cant go.. mum's got work

Har: oh...

Rem: yea.

Har: maybe i can take you

Rem: ok

there was silence for a while, as remmy contemplated if she was joking around or serious...

"well," she thought "i guess if she was really gonna take me, she would need my address... maybe she'll tell him i said bye still..." she hoped

Rem: anyways, whats up?

Har: nothing

Rem: same here... Im bored... hehe, my dog is barking at the washing machine

Har: lol

Rem: XD

Har: I gtg

Rem: ok, so you'll tell him I said bye then?

Har: i thought i was taking u..

Rem: i thought u were joking...

Har: i picked someone up to go to a dance and you think i would let you miss out on saying goodbye to a friend??

Rem: well... erm...

Har: be ready around 2 then huh?

Rem: "err, yea, but i guess you need my address??

Har: I guess it'd be useful... email it to me, i gtg

Rem: ok, thanks, bye

Har: hey, its no problem. buh bye

Remmy's eyes started to water. Only this time, she was happy.

Her stomach growled. "food!" she thought.
She started for the kitchen. On her way through the hallway, she spotted her dance bag.
"cr*p! My dance rehearsal is tonight!"

"I have to practice!!" she thought "mum didn't go temple, she went for food!! It's to early for temple anyways! I'm so stupid! I'm supposed to be getting ready! AAAAAAAAAAHHH!!

Er... i need food! NO! mom's getting food!!! err... DRESSED! PAJAMA PANTS! COSTUMES!!! and... makeup... ugh"

she hated makeup... for as long as she could remember.... she had even made up a lengthy explination as to why][i] she didnt like it.She definitely [i]wasn't the "girly girl" type... she hated that term too.

She ran upstairs... "bathroom" she thought
She opened the door and grabbed a bag. In wnt the hir putty. in went the bobby pins... and the makeup.... though, she hadnt minded it that night at Maegan's house... it was... er... different... "I'm missing something.... some..... er... god! ugfh.............. she passed the closet... SHOES!!!" She grabbed the eight pairs of shoes needed for later (three lazz, two tap, two ballet, one poointe) and shoved them in another bag, only this one cloth, stronger than the paper used for the so called "beauty products" she was made to wear.

She laid the two bags by the front door, and went back upstairs to retrieve her costumes.
Purple and Black... Pointe
Pink... (the kind of pink that wasnt bad) ballet
White and black... tap
and finally... the ugly one... burgundy... jazz

She hung them on the banister for later...
she laughed.
HEr tachers were "coming" to the recital tomorrow. She loved all her teachers...

The front door creaked open. Her family enetered, her mom bringing up the rear with a pizza

"Nice to see you're awake..." said her mom
"Err... what??" asked remmy, confused
"I went up to your room before we left, because mommy told me to tell you we were leving and u were asleep, DUH" Broke in Remmy's little sister, Jerry
Remmy mustve looked confused, because Jerry finished,
"Your face was in your pillow, you were a... sleep...."

"Oh, Right..." said remmy "I must've forgotten..."
But she hadn't been asleep, she had only been pretending. She could fool anyone with that routine.

Deep, even Breathing was the key. A groan here or there, then, once the person turned to leave, a slight movement.... Worked every time.

"How do you forget sleeping??" asked her mom

Everyone migrated into the kitchen, and got some pizza.
Remmy piled on 2 slices of pizza.
"What??" responding to the looks coming from her eldest brother, Stephen, and her mom, "I'm hungry! ever heard of it?!"

As she was eating, Remmy caught sight of her arm, and the three scard that laid there.

She looked back..

----
3 months Earlier
----

She sat in her bed, crying. Something she was doing a lot lately.Her mom yelled from downstairs,
"Oh Rebecca, Oh REBEC-CA!!!
Your computer is free!! Why dont you make my life easier and come play it?? I'd be a lot better off if i didn't expect so much from you! In fact, I hope I work myself to death tonight!!
I came home----"

Remmy let out a loud, long, scream. When she stopped, apparently so had her mom.

On the floor below, she heard cups hit the floor.
"Wont throw the glass stuff, eh??" she thought aloud.

She hid her face in her pillow, and reached for the rabbit her grandmother in indiana had given her. She held it tight and hoped for everything to be back to normal soon.

The rabbit, though, it was getting too small. She needed something to fill her arms.

It seemed lately nothing could please her mom. Nothing was ever good enough.

"And she wonders why..." Remmy thought.
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Wednesday 17 August 2005 2:49:44am

[ok, like, im sorry, but remmy is the same as rebecca lol, i changed the name in the middle of the story, but its the same...]
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Curiouser » Wednesday 17 August 2005 7:36:52am

[Can I write with you? Sorry, but I haven't had a chance to tell anyone anything at all about my trip, and I thought maybe you might want to be the first to find out. :)]
Curiouser
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Curiouser » Wednesday 17 August 2005 7:53:56am

"ALY! Get your- your- this *thing* off-"

The girl tried her best not to laugh at the sight in front of her. Her brother stood in an aisle of the world-renowned EuroStar grasping a huge tweed suitcase in one hand and trying to get a suitcase with wheels off of his head. She took pity on him after a bit (and after people started to complain about the holdup behind her) and she lifted the wheely luggage off of the 19 year old's head.

"There you go. Now move it!"

He scowled at her. She scowled right back.

"Where d'you suppose Mom and Dad are?"

She waited for him to answer her as they walked away from the massive train, her suitcase's wheels clicking behind her as she tugged it along.

He glanced around and furrowed his brows. "There." he said, pointing to the door of a train car about 4 cars down.

Once they met up with their parents, all four of them started towards the exit of the platform. Aly couldn't seem to take in everything fast enough. She took in the cool air, the sounds of people speaking in beautiful, wonderful accents, the smell of London.

She could already tell she was going to like it so much better here than in Paris.

"Taxi! Taxi!"

Aly's mother had been attempting to hail a taxi cab for about 15 minutes. The girl herself was seated on her luggage and once again, couldn't seem to take it all in fast enough. After only about an hour in the city, in the country even, she had already fallen in love.

She had heard from many people that London was like New York City, only... different. Well, she could see where they came from, but to her this city was 10 times better than New York. Mostly because when they had been on the second level of one of London's famous red double decker buses, she had seen Dominion Theater with the enormous statue of her hero: Freddie Mercury.
Curiouser
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Wednesday 17 August 2005 4:54:45pm

[sure, if by some miracle this gets published, it'll be co-written lol........ not that it will.... *steps on own dreams* lol]
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Curiouser » Wednesday 17 August 2005 5:37:54pm

[aww don't say that! hehe thanks. I had to cut off the last post I did because my mom caught me on the computer. at 3:00 in the morning.]
Curiouser
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Un'Anima Persa » Wednesday 17 August 2005 5:39:54pm

[i was up at three too!! i was on runescape, though i cant do anything.... im a newbie lol

and i wont be writing a lot today, or tomorrow etc because i have some stuff to take care of so my next update wont be for a while]
Un'Anima Persa
Ravenclaw Prefect

Postby Curiouser » Wednesday 17 August 2005 9:37:50pm

Thinking back on it now, Aly realized how strange it was that she was so comfortable in London. Her doctor had diagnosed her with a mild case of claustrophobia when she was 8, so she had always tried to stay as far away from large crowds and too small rooms as possible.

But this city was different. Even though it was packed with all sorts of interesting looking people, not once did she ever feel suffocated. Except for on the London Eye, of course, but that was to be expected.

At first it threw her off to have to look to her left when crossing the street, but after only one day of walking around the city she had grown accustomed to it.

So now she found herself sitting on her own suitcase as her mother searched for and unoccupied taxi and her brother Travis talked to her dad about the free magic mushrooms in many of the basements of the city's stores.

"Don! Don, I got one!" Her mother rushed over to where her luggage was and started to pull it into the trunk of the black cab. Travis and her dad broke off the conversation, the younger man scowling at her dad. Aly sighed, looked around once more, and stood to put away her luggage.

"Mom, that's it. That's the Winchester."

"Stop the cab!"

The vehicle screeched to a halt in front of a row of off white buildings that looked to be around 90 years old. Each door had a sign above it, and each sign bore the name of a different inn. Theirs was the Winchester, with a green door and a red sign.

After her father paid the cab driver, and the car pulled away, Aly looked up. The inn looked to be about 4 or 5 stories tall. She followed her family into the open green door, and was immediately surprised by how small and narrow the building seemed.

When you first entered, the worn capeted hallway stretched about 2 yards and then down a few steps, leading to an office of sorts, meaning it had only one desk and a tv. From this office there were two other hallways with many levels and flights of stairs, and one staircase that went down rather than up. They checked in with the woman behind the desk and split up, Aly and her mom heading for the back stairs, and her brother and father headed for the front set.

After climbing 4 flights of stairs her mother pulled out the keys for room number 18. She opened the cream colored door, and they both walked into the oven that was a back alley room of a cheap inn in London.

Of course, her mother threw a cow at the temperature, demanding a better room, a fan, etc. Apparently, they had no air conditioning. Aly didn't see what the fuss was about. It didn't seem that hot...

She flopped on one of the yellow twin sized beds and reached for the remote to the tv. Upon flicking through the channels, she quickly realized that there were only 6 channels.

Great.

She turned to BBC News and put down the remote.

Wait a minute, what's this?

She furrowed her brows and then called her mom into the room.

"What is it, Alyson, I'm busy here." her mom said in a sharp voice.

Aly glared at her a little. She was really starting to get angry with her mom recently. Her pessimistic attitude and constant pmsing made her take everything out on everyone else, and Aly was really starting to get tired of it.

"Sorry." Not. "Just thought you might want to know, there's a heat wave going on, that's why it's been so hot. And according to her," she pointed to the news woman, "It's going to last for two weeks."

"What?? Give me that!" Her mother snatched the remote from Aly's lap. She sat on the other twin bed and glued herself to the tv.

She didn't notice when Aly left the room, shutting the door behind her with a click.[/i]
Curiouser
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Curiouser » Wednesday 17 August 2005 9:44:42pm

[In case you want to see the hotel, here it is.

http://www.winchester-hotel.net/images/home_images.jpg

]
Curiouser
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Scarlet Lioness » Wednesday 17 August 2005 10:31:16pm

Hey!!! Good story...keep truckin' along... :grin:
Scarlet Lioness
Keeper of the Claws, Co-Owner of the Juice Bar and Prefect of Gryffindor

Return to Other Fan Fiction and Writing