My Little Girl

Are you a budding writer? If you have any ideas for Harry potter plots, share them here. Who knows, JK Rowling may take a look and use your ideas in her next book!

Moderators: DucksRMagical, Phoenix in the Ashes, Un'Anima Persa

My Little Girl

Postby DucksRMagical » Tuesday 16 December 2008 6:26:16pm

I've written another song fic for a challenge on Harry Potter Fan Fiction. This one uses Tim McGraw's 'My Little Girl'. The words in italics are the lyrics.

Disclaimer- I don't own Harry Potter or 'My Little Girl'.

My Little Girl
~Tim McGraw

Bill slowly paced in front of the fireplace. He paused and sighed as he looked at the pictures of his children that were resting on the mantel. The one directly in front of him was taken the day Victoire was born. She was wrapped in a pink blanket and her red face was wrinkled like she was screaming. Bill still remembered the first time he ever held his first daughter. Half of him was excited and the other half was terrified that he would drop her. The moment Victoire was placed in his arms, he knew nothing in the world mattered more than that tiny baby.

Gotta hold on easy as I let you go.
Gonna tell you how much I love you, though you think you already know.
I remember I thought you looked like an angel wrapped in pink so soft and warm.
You've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born.

Bill's eyes drifted to a picture of Victoire's first birthday, with Victoire smearing chocolate cake in her blonde hair. Then to the picture of her riding her first broom, with a look of utter terror on her face. She never had been one for flying. Next was a picture of her holding up her Hogwart's letter and frantically pointing to it. Then Victoire sporting her new prefect's badge. Victoire wearing her Head Girl badge. Pictures from graduation where she gave a speech. Another one with her shaking the headmaster's hand and then Professor Longbottom's.

How could she be getting married? His little girl, getting married. She seemed so young. The past 21 years had flown by for Bill. He knew it had for Fleur as well. It seemed like just yesterday they were buying her first wand and sending her off on the Hogwart's Express. Now he would be giving her away at her wedding. Giving her away to Teddy Lupin. In mere hours, she would be Mrs. Theodore Lupin. It seemed impossible that his little girl was going to be married. Bill half expected to turn around and see five-year-old Victoire with that big grin she always wore.

You're beautiful baby from the outside in.
Chase your dreams but always know the road that'll lead you home again.
Go on, take on this whole world.
But to me you know you'll always be, my little girl.

That grin always got him every time. All Victoire had to do was put it on and all would be forgiven. The time she and her sister accidentally broke his broom when they used it to try and retrieve a toy from a tree. The time she made a mess in the kitchen trying to bake a treacle tart. It didn't matter what she did, Bill would always love her.

Now, she was 21 and no longer getting in trouble. She was an adult, a fully trained Healer, and living on her own. She and Teddy had been together since the end of her sixth year. Of course they were going to get married. Bill supposed that he always knew it would happen, but it was still hard to grasp. Life was going too fast.

When you were in trouble that crooked little smile could melt my heart of stone.
Now look at you, I've turned around and you've almost grown.
Sometimes you're asleep I whisper "I Love You!" in the moonlight at your door.
As I walk away, I hear you say, "Daddy Love You More!".

Bill turned around as he heard footsteps come into the room. He took a sharp intake of breath as he saw Victoire standing in the doorway. She wore a long white flowing dress with intricate beading around the bodice. Her long blonde hair was piled atop her head, which sported the same tiara Fleur had worn at their wedding, so many years ago.

Victoire gave him a smile and stepped slowly into the room. She stopped in front of Bill. Bill felt his eyes sting as he looked at his daughter. She was grown up. Looking at her in that wedding dress, he could hardly see the little five-year-old she had once been. But that little girl was there, below all the ruffles and make-up. Bill knew that he would always think of Victoire as a little girl, even when she was 50.

"You look beautiful, Victoire," Bill said quietly.

"Thanks, Dad," Victoire replied.

"Muriel's tiara goes nicely," Bill commented.

Victoire laughed, "Well, it better, right? Muriel would have all of our heads if I didn't wear it."

"You do have a point there," Bill smirked.

"Plus, it covers the something borrowed and the something old," Victoire pointed out, "And the dress is new."

"What about the other thing?" Bill asked, not able to remember the fourth part of the poem.

"The something blue," Victoire grinned, "Teddy's doing that one. He's keeping his hair its usual blue."

"Muriel won't like that," Bill said.

Victoire shrugged. "That's her problem."

Bill grinned. Victoire always had been one to do things her way. She was spunky from the start. Even at the age of 10, she was able to organize her little cousins in ways that only Bill's own mother could do. One year, at the pre-Hogwarts Weasley Dinner, she managed to get them seated and quiet when most of the adults hadn't been able to. Bill wasn't surprised in the least when she was made Prefect and then Head Girl.

Someday, some boy will come and ask me for your hand.
But I won't say "yes" to him unless I know, he's the half
that makes you whole, he has a poet's soul, and the heart of a man's man.
I know he'll say that he's in love.
But between you and me. He won't be good enough!

"Are you ready for this?" Bill asked a few minutes later.

"Yes," Victoire grinned, "I want this more than anything in the world."

"Ok," Bill sighed, "Because if you don't want to, you don't have to."

Victoire rolled her eyes, "Of course I do."

Bill nodded. It wasn't that he didn't like Teddy. He loved Teddy and had treated the boy as one of his own nephews ever since he was born. Teddy and Victoire had grown up together from the moment Victoire was born. Even as they played together as toddlers, both Bill's mother and Teddy's grandmother joked about the two kids getting married one day. Bill merely rolled his eyes at this, but deep down he knew it was coming.

The moment Teddy started dating Victoire, everything changed. The uncle/nephew relationship Bill and Teddy had previously had was gone. It became a father/daughter's boyfriend relationship. Teddy may have been family to Bill, but if he had so much as hurt Victoire, that would have been out the window.

Luckily, it never came to that. Teddy was perfect for Victoire and Bill knew it. Sure, the two kids had had their fights and Victoire had ended up in tears a few times. Bill had been tempted to go after Teddy with his son's beater's bat a few times, but after he calmed down, he knew it was just a normal part of a teenage relationship. When he thought about it, there was no one else Bill wanted marrying his eldest daughter than Teddy Lupin.

"Do you love him?" Bill asked.

"More than anyone or anything," Victoire smiled.

Bill nodded. "I know you two will be happy together. You always have been. I just worry."

"I know, Dad, I know," Victoire said.

Bill stepped closer to his daughter and drew her into his arms. He squeezed his eyes shut to try and stop from crying, but it was no use.

Victoire wrapped her arms around her father. "Don't cry, Dad. You'll make me cry."

"Sorry," Bill said, "But you're my little girl and you're getting married."

"I'm not so little anymore, Dad."

"You'll always be my little girl," Bill said quietly.

DucksRMagical
Ambassador to the Land of Ducks.

Re: My Little Girl

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 28 December 2008 9:19:15pm

Bravo! You captured Bill's sentimental thinking quite well, in my oppinion.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Re: My Little Girl

Postby GryffindorAnimagus » Saturday 5 June 2010 3:10:46am

A true father/daughter moment. I think you captured it well.
GryffindorAnimagus
Second Year

Return to Share your own Harry Potter Fan Fiction