Chapter 11

Discussion of individual episodes in series 3

Moderator: *Riley*

Chapter 11

Postby Paul » Wednesday 17 December 2008 9:58:07pm

In The Eclipse Part 2, Noah misses Gabriel with his rifle but bursts in on Sylar and Elle in Stephen Canfield's house with a shotgun, Noah hits Elle in the leg, but Gabriel and Elle escape to a nearby store. Noah tracks them down from Elle's trail of blood. To save her from danger, Gabriel pushes Elle into a back room elevator and sends it downwards. As Noah enters the back of the store room, Gabriel knocks the gun from Noah's hands. A fight ensues, and Elle returns back up in the elevtor a few moments later to helplessly see Noah beating Gabriel and slitting his throat - Gabriel is dead.

Daphne explains to Matt that she has cerebral palsey. It was only when the last eclipse happened that she could walk, then run...then run really fast.

At Sam's comics Hiro and Ando search the store's copies of 9th Wonders to see if they can tell of a way to get Hiro's memory back.

Peter and the Haitiam spring Nathan from his cofines in Barren's camp. Peter tells Nathan to go off into the jungle whilst Peter holds Barren's men off, armed with just a single rifle.

Claire has been taken to hospital where she unsuccessfully is trying to fight off an infection. As she is talking to her mother, she goes into shock. The surgeons are unsuccessful in reviving her - Claire dies, but as her grieving mother is at her bedside, the eclipse comes to an end. Claire Gasps - her healing powers are back!

With her super-speed having returned, Daphne has zipped out into the cornfield oustide her house. She is having big self-doubts, especially having stolen the formula for Arthur. Matt speaks to her. He knows she is a good person at heart. Daphne zips back to the house and gives her Dad a big hug.

Peter is trying to fend off Barren's men but runs out of ammunition. Just as he is giving himself up, the Haitian and Nathan creep up from behind the men - the Haitian wipes two out with his newly returned powers, Nathan swipes a blow at another, and Pater hits one wih the butt of his rifle. Me#oments later, Barren appears. Nathan flies into him and throws him into a car. As Barren recovers, the Haitian wipes Barren's brain.

Having rid himslelf of his scales, Mohinder knock on Maya'a apartment door but realises his scales are back. He leaves before Maya answers.

At Sam's comics, the counter guys have found an issue of 9th Wonders where Hiro and Claire are hiding at the point in the past where Hiro's dad gave Claire to Noah to take care of. Hiro teleports off to collect Claire.

At the Bennett house, a revived Silar is attacking Noah. Silar has Noah telepathically pinned against a wall. Noah tells Silar thar Artur and Angela ren't really his parents and that they're just manipulating him. Hiro appears quickly transports Silar and Elle to a distant beach before teleporting to the past with Claire.

In the jungle, Nathan has come to the conclusion that Arthur's idea of giving the correct people abilities may be right and could help stop atrocities like Darfur. He flies off in the direction of Pinehearst.

At the beach, Silar asks Elle if she knew anything about his parents. She tells him Noah is trying to mess with him. Silar tells Elle that no-one ever really changes - he pins her down and starts to open her head, but seems to stop for some reason.

16 years ago in Manhattan. a teleported Claire and Hiro see Hiro's dad pass Claire to Noah, telling him not to get too close....

----------------------------

I really liked this episode - I think it was a grower. I've seen it three times (the original showin, the repeat and once through BBC Iplayer) and it got better each time. I liked the way it showed everyone without the protection of their powers, like Arthur getting a bit paranoid (even he seemed human for a moment).

It was a really selfless act of Gabriel to save Elle by sending her into the elevator. That was awfully brutal of Noah to slit Silar's throat though...OK, Silar had taken the top of Claire's head off but he hadn't actually harmed her...and in fact Silar had saved Claire's life when she was nearly sucked into Stephen Canfield's black hole. Seeing also as Noah had actually helped create the murdering monster that Silar had become (yet had changed from back to a decent person), I'm really thinking Noah is a nasty piece of work at the moment. What I really want to know is whether Noah is telling truth about Silar's parents?

I liked the bits with Daphne and her father

Why did Silar stop when trying to open Elle's head up? it looked as if he was exhausted but is there another reason? Did he detect that Elle was carrying his baby? I'm going far out on this one but he did have a child in the future.
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Return to Heroes Series 3