Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 2 August 2009 8:56:40am

Geneve jumped at Professor Nomare's loud voice, and the hastily cleaned up her ingredients and started bottling her potion into three vials. She was so pleased she had done it well. She was going to be alright after all. The classroom emptied fast, and soon Professor Nomare and her were the only one's left. Geneve held her books across her chest and waited for Damien to speak.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Sunday 2 August 2009 9:00:34am

Damien summoned some butter beer and poured it for Geneve. "Geneve," he started. "How on Earth did you get so good at potions?!!! It's not even FAIR!!! I was fifteen when I finally got to the level you're at now." He sighed. "But, seriously, I have some real questions for you." Sighing again, he asked, "Is there a problem between you and Liam? And please, I need an answer this time."
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 2 August 2009 9:15:29am

Geneve knodded. She put her books down and sat down on a desk where she pulled her feet up under her.
"Well..." she said. "I think, he really wants a normal life. You know, for an 11 year old." she looked up at Damien and he knodded. "He can't handle how different I am. How things have changed me so much. Professor?" Geneve paused for a moment, and then continued. "My grandfather was a great wizard, wasn't he? But he was out of control. I know I have his blood in me, and his talent, but I don't want to loose control. I don't want to be bad like that. Liam wants me to be normal, but how can I be normal when I can barely control my magic?"
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Sunday 2 August 2009 9:34:47am

Damien almost laughed. "Normal... that's a strange concept. Have you perhaps told Liam that he is not normal, as he is part Veela? What about the fact that he's a Weasley. I'm sorry, but there is no such thing as a normal Weasley." Then he sighed. "It is true that your grandfather was a great wizard, and an evil one. And it is also true that you inherited his power." Geneve looked downcast. Damien pulled her chin up, so that she was looking at his eyes. "But one thing that you have that he could never comprehend is the ability to love."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 2 August 2009 3:51:10pm

To this statement, Geneve blushed and looked away. "And there lies the problem." she sighed. "What happened at the beginning of the school year actually binded me to Liam. When I was in the mind I was in I was capable of loving him. But now..." Geneve shook her head. "I'm not so sure. Is it always like this? Is it always so, up and down, how you feel about someone? One moment I want to be with him, and the next I want to... well... punch his face in. " She smiled at the thought. She knew he had Veela power over every girl in the school, but she knew too that her heart was drawn to him because it was meant to. It always had, even before they were bound. She looked at her professor, who seemed to be far away in a thought. She imagined for a moment if he had ever loved someone. He seemed so independent and alone. He had history she didn't know about, a darkness around him that she found fascinating. She found herself holding her breath, so she let it out, too loudly, and broke Damien's concentration. "Sorry." Geneve murmured. "Did I remind you of something?"
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Sunday 2 August 2009 4:30:18pm

The thought of Ouki came to mind. She was talking about how she wants to love Liam sometimes, and punch him. Wow... Damien's was very similar, even in the beginning. One moment, they'd be showing so much affection for eachother. And the next... Damien laughed silently as he remembered when Ouki first tried to climb out of a ferris wheel. That was fun.

Geneve's sharp breath drew Damien back to reality. "Hmmm? No, I was just thinking..."

"About what?" his pupil inquired.

"In good time, Geneve," he said, rustling her hair. "In good time. But for now, the actual reason I asked you to stay behind. Geneve, your potion-making is superior to any student I've seen before. I'd like to nurture that skill. Every day, after your classes, I'd like for you to come to my room. Here, I will teach you more complicated potions." This would be a good chance for the girl to learn, and for Damien to learn more about her ties to her grandfather and the others. "It can be voluntary, or it can be detention. You choose."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 3 August 2009 8:41:36am

"Wow." Geneve said out loud. She looked up at her teacher with a cheeky smile. "Of course it will be voluntary! How could I refuse. " she tried to hide her excitement for such an opportunity. "So, I guess before dinner I can come back? Will I need to bring my supplies? what will we be learning, I.... Thank you Professor." Geneve stammered out. "Thank you very much for believing I can achieve something."
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Monday 3 August 2009 1:13:17pm

Damien smiled. "I was hoping to wait till monday of next week, but since you're so eager, we can start today. Meet back here in an hour, bring only your cauldron. Most of what I will teach you will not be in any book you can find. Leave your potion on my desk, you may leave see you in an hour."

Geneve got up to leave, and put the potion on Damien's desk. Just as she was about to exit the door, he said, "Since tonight is our first night, you can feel free to come before eating dinner. But on some nights, brewing potions can take hours to days. During those potion sessions, it is advised that you eat before-hand, as you could stay up into the early hours of the morning. If you don't know where the kitchens are, I'd be happy to show you."
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Tuesday 4 August 2009 5:11:00am

Geneve hurried from the classroom without another word, trying very hard to contain her excitment. Something inside her screamed to know more about potions. She found them so interesting and tangible, unlike spells and charms which were difficult to get right and to control. She was smiling to herself as she walked and didn't notice as she crashed into Albus Potter. Everything fell to the floor and Geneve was sure something smashed.
"Why don't you watch where you're going!!" Geneve yelled and collapsed to the floor, scooping up her things. Albus bent down beside her.
"You were the one daydreaming! Look what you made me do!" he yelled back, pointing at the ink that had spilled across his text books.
"Oh." Geneve stared at it and then said, "Isn't there a spell to fix that? I think it's.... um...." Geneve took out her wand, still trying to retrieve the spell she was thinking, and all at once the ink retreated off of Albus' book, her smashed vial pulled itself and it's liquid back together, and all of their books and materials sorted themselves into perfect order for carrying once more. Albus' mouth dropped open.
"You didn't even say anything! How did you do that?" he groaned.
"I... I just... I thought about it..." Geneve started to say.
"Only really powerful wizards can make a spell happen without actually saying it! How can you do that when you're only eleven?! I think the headmistress should know about this!" Albus was becoming histerical. Geneve stood up, her wand still in her hand. Albus put his hands up. "Don't do it!" he yelled.
Geneve looked at her wand and back at Albus. "Do what?!" she laughed. Albus looked positively terrified. "I'm not going to do anything! And I think the headmistress already knows." Albus put his hands down and stared at Geneve.
"I'm going to tell my father about this." he said simply and turned to walk away.
"Albus wait." Geneve called after him. He stopped.
"The ministry knows, and I think they are keeping an eye on me. But it's not my fault. I am learning to control it. What would you have them do, lock me up? I don't think there are any children in Azkaban." she looked at Albus for a response.
"So..." Albus continued, "Dad knows about this, and that's why there's a ministry official here? I thought it had to do with something else."
"It seems your dad has to keep some things from you for a reason." Geneve said quietly. "I guess he's pretty good at his job, he's got it all covered."
"Ya, well, he's always been good at keeping on top of dark magic." Albus shrugged.
"Ya, so I've heard." Geneve shuffled uncomfortably. Of course they were talking about how Harry Potter had killed her Grandfather. "Please don't tell anyone...." she started.
"Does Liam know?"
"Yes."
Albus stood there quietly for a moment.
"Are you two...."
"No."
"Ok. Well." Albus picked up his things. "I guess I'll see you around, but I'm going to confirm with my dad just the same. " He started to walk away. "And I won't tell anyone, but I expect a favour when the time comes."
"What do you mean?" Geneve asked. Albus simply walked away quietly. Geneve rubbed her face with her hand and breathed out. Then someone behind her made her jump.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Thursday 6 August 2009 6:11:03am

Damien took the potion from the desk, and stowed it in his potions jacket. He never would have thought that he'd actually be using a student-made potion. He laughed to himself. The generations get smarter and smarter. Pretty soon, he'd be a newb to them. That would be a sad day indeed.

Then, Damien put Suge on his shoulder, and walked out of his classroom. Taking a a flight of stairs up to the great hall, he set off for Proffessor Sprague's office, the note in his pocket.
salemboy

Postby Q.Araignee » Thursday 13 August 2009 7:18:18pm

Well, wasn’t this just lovely? She’d gotten the position as Transfiguration teacher and had managed to not arouse too many odd looks from the students and other staff members. But of course, the one she knew of hadn’t shown up for dinner. Typical.

Farissa Feles had woken early to make sure she looked her best, she couldn’t have herself teaching a class with her hair a matted mess. Farissa prided herself on a smart appearance for such things. In not too long, she was suitably presentable and it happened to be about time for breakfast. Normally she preferred to eat alone, but it would be rude to do so on her first proper day here. With a quick look over her robes, frowning at a crease, she headed out of her room and down towards the Great Hall.

It was still quiet in the corridors, as most of the students were only just getting up. It made for a opportunity to hum a little lilting tune and hear it echo off the walls around her, adding a beautiful eerie quality to the song. She was just adding her own little twist on it when she saw someone at the end of the corridor who looked to be going downstairs too. Increasing her pace slightly to catch him up, an easy task given he seemed in no particular hurry, she saw it was the Ministry official people had been talking about the night previous.

Upon closer inspection, he was an imposing figure indeed. The pale sunlight coming through the windows seemed to illuminate his skin, revealing scars across his face and hands- a man who wasn’t afraid to fight and who could hold his own then. And the look in those stormy eyes as he turned to see who was approaching sent a thrilling chill down her spine. He was apparently an Auror, but Farissa would have bet her paycheck that he was more than that. She smiled politely and held out her hand.
“Mister MacCallum, I presume? I am Farissa Feles, now Transfiguration teacher and ex-freelancer.”
After all his preliminary official business was concluded, Gwydion had retired to his new quarters in the West Tower. There he sorted through his things which had been brought up, carefully laying out his notes on various cases on the desk and his range of tools he placed around the room where he could. All in all, a simple settling in for an extended stay in the Castle. After that, he wrote a quick note to Potter to inform him how his arrival had gone and nipped up to the Owlery to have it sent.

The evening was uneventful. Gwydion had a light dinner in his room, this time partaking of a particularly fine German mead with his meal. He watched the sun setting over the grounds as he filled out some paperwork, saw a few kids on brooms having a practice on the pitch- he couldn’t see colours so didn’t attempt to decipher which House they had been from. All in all, a rather pleasant evening. He could just imagine what some of the others thought he may be doing, and smiled at the possibilities conjured up by imagination.

But then it was night. Deep, dark, a velvety cloak for his actions. Gwydion prowled the grounds, deciphering what he could about the additional spells that had been cast on them and the Castle- their nature, their probable caster, any miniscule flaws in them that he could exploit to work around...standard part of the job really. The only thing that bothered him was the appearance of two cats sitting on the grass by the lake. Very different, but perfectly amicable to each other. But when he blinked, one of them had disappeared. A curiosity, but cats were never incredibly social with him anyway, so he shrugged it off as a bit of nothing before heading back up the tower to bed. Again, the extent of what he might have been doing amused him.

Gwydion woke just early enough to be one of the first down for breakfast. Yes, he could have eaten in his room again, but there was nothing quite like a Hogwarts cooked breakfast. With a quick wash and a shave, he got dressed and began heading down to the Great Hall. As he was walking along the corridor connecting the tower to the main stairs, however, he heard footsteps- too light to be a student, and not yet familiar. Turning slowly, he saw a woman approaching him.

Oh, now wasn’t she a pretty one? There would be more than a few of the students appreciating her for more than her teaching skills. There was a predatory look in her eyes, so that even though she was about a foot shorter than him she seemed to be looking him right in the eye. He would guess she was older than him, though she didn’t look it at all. And the colouring of her skin and hair seemed to make her shimmer in the sunlight, reminding Gwydion of Felix Felicis. Curious, given her name...

He reached for her hand, and being somewhat of a traditionalist, leant down to place a delicate kiss upon it. “Ms. Feles, it is indeed a pleasure. Would you care to join me for breakfast? I would be most interested in hearing about your freelance work.” As an afterthought, he added “And please, call my Gwydion.”
Her accepting smile was most charming. “Why yes, that would be lovely Gwydion, thank you. Though may I ask that you in return call me Farissa?” His nod of acquiescence pleased her as she headed down the stairs with him following.

Breakfast was a quiet and pleasant affair, though their conversation was somewhat disturbed by the rowdiness of the students. As such, Gwydion suggested they talk later- perhaps in the Staff Room during one of her free lessons. Farissa agreed and they parted ways not long before first lesson. He was indeed a delightful person, she thought, and while his interest may be mistaken for romantic Farissa was sure it was more...professional than that. Though which profession she couldn’t quite decipher.

Her first lesson was a NEWT class, Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws. Their attempts at Transfiguring each other into other forms were not very successful, as to be expected from a group of Sixth years being forced to cast silently with a new and complicated spell. It was entertaining to see some of them sprouting horns in inappropriate places, or random tufts of fur or webbing between the arms. All simple enough for Farissa to fix, and by the end of the lesson some of the brighter students had grasped the basic spell rather well. She set them the homework of meeting up over the coming few days and practising for the next lesson at the end of the week before watching them depart a quarter of an hour early. A nice bunch of kids, if lacking in subtlety and natural talent, but they’d get there in the end.

Before the next class, First years if she remembered correctly, Farissa fancied a cup of strong coffee, and quickly locked up the classroom so that she might hurry down to the Staff Room. But it seemed that today was a not a day for spontaneous plans going right. She took the flights of stairs quickly, passing someone on their way up who smelt vaguely familiar but who also passed by rather hurriedly without noticing her, and just as she reached the floor she wished she saw a student in front of her watching another walk away from her. Farissa paused, unsure whether it was appropriate to go see the girl and ask what was going on or not, but the visible drop in her shoulders made Farissa approach.

“Excuse me, sorry if I’m intruding my dear, but is everything alright?”
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 15 August 2009 5:44:27pm

Geneve turned to see the new Transfiguration teacher standing before her. "Oh! I'm so sorry. I'm.... I mean I was just..." Geneve was flustered. She was so out of sorts after such a mad start to her day. "My name is Geneve Riddle, and I'm afraid I'm having a terrible day." She checked her watch, and realised that she still had a day full of classes to fill. She sighed. It was oddly ironic that Professor Nomare had suggested she come back in an hour - this was during one of her free sessions. She shook her head, trying to reorrientate. "Um..." she fumbled again. "If it's second session, I think I have Transfiguration next. Is that right? First years?" Professor Feles knodded delicately. "I haven't been to that classroom yet. Mostly, I've been to potions with Professor Nomare.. he's new here too." The lovely professor raised her eyebrows at this. Geneve paused. When she said nothing ,Geneve continued. "May I walk with you to class, I don't know that way."
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Sunday 16 August 2009 1:50:56pm

Damien saw a figure he recognized walking towards him. Well, not towards him, but in his direction. It was Gwydion. Damien swore silently. Why did that man have to be here. As if Nikolaus wasn't enough trouble already. As he walked past him, he paused, as did the auror. Nobody was around, but Damien still spoke in a tone that was barely audible. "Watch yourself, McCallum. I don't take kindly to you people like you."
salemboy

Postby Q.Araignee » Sunday 16 August 2009 2:37:54pm

Farissa smiled warmly at the girl, all thoughts of coffee gone. “Of course you can, Ms. Riddle. I would be delighted to share your company.”

Could this be the child all the whispers were about? Innate Dark Magic, related to Lord Voldemort himself...but she seemed so flustered and sweet. Even if she was just a touch taller than herself, Farissa did just want to give Geneve a comforting hug- entirely inappropriate, though, as a teacher to a student. A certain someone, however, would do the same thing for entirely different reasons.
But, alas, the time had come for them to leave this corridor and head back up the stairs to the Transfiguration room. The trip was quiet, Farissa specifically seeking out the lesser used stairways and corridors as they would be quicker. When they were almost at the classroom, she turned to Geneve and paused a moment. Then she smiled warmly, and spoke a little awkwardly.

“I...I know that this may be impertinent of me, Ms. Riddle, but if you were ever to need somewhere to go or someone to just chat to- about whatever you like, even the completely mundane- then my Office is always free. You don’t have to take it up if you don’t want to, and I won’t be offended, I just thought I’d offer one woman to another.”
Gwydion had rather enjoyed the presence of Farissa, her aura of strength and confidence was well worth a closer study. He would happily be anticipating their next meeting this afternoon. He’d decided to have a wander through the passageways after breakfast, seeing which ones were still intact and accessible. It was well worth having his knowledge of the Castle layout reaffirmed, if only for peace of mind in the short-term. He was heading back up to the West Tower when he came across Damien. When they both stopped and the man commented, he slowly raised an eyebrow, faintly curious. He kept his tone at the same level and if anything a little lower when he replied.

“People like me, you say? And what exactly are people like me, what little box have you placed me in for the ease of your judgement?”
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby salemboy » Sunday 16 August 2009 2:54:15pm

Damien smiled. "You know darn well where I'm putting you. You might have hoodwinked the others, but I'm no fool." This man had been doing this for a long time. His act was very convincing. "I've been doing this job for over twenty years, put away hundreds of criminals. I can recognize a scumbag when I see one."

[I love RP'ing with Q. She makes it fun to try to banter back and forth.]
salemboy

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area