RPG: Founding Fathers

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

RPG: Founding Fathers

Postby Q.Araignee » Thursday 19 June 2008 11:31:10am

[b][u]Founding Fathers[/u][/b]

Set in the time of the founders, it is about Slytherin leaving the school. Now, in the books, it gives a brief summary about how Slytherin got ticked, and left. In this, we'd like to expand this to where he got ticked, had a war, lost, and then more like fled. This scenario takes place from the beginning of the war until it is deemed ended. This scenario is about the wizards in the war, and the founders. Also, The Statute of Secrecy wasn't made until the 20th century, so muggles will play a role. Also, since it was during the Medieval time period, we must remember how Feudalism works. Also, *Riley* helped in the conceiving of this scenario, and, if this scenario is accepted, deserves half of the credit.

The start of this RPG is set in September 1336

Many thanks to [b]salemboy[/b] for creating this RPG scenario.

[url=http://www.broomsticksandowls.com/forum/rpg-create-character.php?scenario=47]If you would like to join this RPG, please create a character through this link.[/url]
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Re: RPG: Founding Fathers

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 24 August 2008 12:58:07am

Marpessa Chant leaned over the bulstrode of the Astronomy Tower, running a finger along the head of her pet lizard Thorn absently. For once, it was quiet. The moonlight could find no purchase on her willowy frame, so her body was simply a black silhouette, peering across the landscape. The students were in bed, the teachers had retired. As far as she knew, Marpessa was the only one still awake. And Marpessa was fine with that. She was content to simply stare across the stars and think. The night was good for thinking. It was also good for staying hidden. Numerous students had leaned out their windows, for one reason or another, but no one had noticed Marpessa's still surveilance. Like the lizard beside her, Marpessa was an expert at being still.
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby salemboy » Sunday 24 August 2008 7:08:32am

Searpente sat down on the chair, looking down on the hall his father had built. It was sometimes lonely, but he did not mind often. In fact, he prefered to be alone. And this secret sanctuary was the perfect spot. His father was up in his regular room, but Searpente tended to stay down here. Very few knew he was still at Hogwarts, the few being the ghosts that occasionally fluttered in through the walls. Searpente looked down as Nagini, his pet baby Basilisk slithered up his arm.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby *Riley* » Wednesday 27 August 2008 8:07:29am

Salazar paced the room thinking, why was Godric so stubborn, couldn't he just move his plate when Salazar asked him to?
Simple things set him off, and the others knew it.
"Searpente!" called Salazar in a hoarse yell.
A scuttle from below told him Searpente was coming.
He quickly slipped the piece of parchment under his desk lamp and stood waiting for his sons arrival.
*Riley*
Keeper of the Keys and Dragon Tamer Of The West

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Friday 19 December 2008 5:16:53pm

Marpessa moved only when light from a nearby doorway almost revealed her still form. Rowena strode out, and walked over to her. "Eerie, isn't it?" She said quietly, coming to a halt beside her, "The way people see only what they expect to." Marpessa nodded mutely, and Rowena joined her in her scrutiny of the grounds.
FawkesthePhoenix

Re: RPG: Founding Fathers: Second Warning

Postby salemboy » Sunday 2 August 2009 10:13:36am

Searpente heard his father's call, but merely ignored it. Salazar knew that Searpente would come when he was ready. After all, he'd have to find a student to feed to Nagini. She was starting to look hungry. Perhaps one of those little first-year muggle-borns. Yes, they would fetch a good meal for his Nagini.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Tuesday 4 August 2009 3:10:05pm

Helga Hufflepuff was making the last rounds of the halls before retiring for the night. There had been too many attacks on students, and everyone was on alert. Helga's heart ached for the dear first years who were muggle born. They were fearful enough coming to such a strange place, but Helga knew that it was the right thing to do, it was the purpose of Hogwarts. They would give all those magical a chance to succeed. Helga had been sent herself to invite the children to come to Hogwarts and learn about magic. So many of them had no where else to turn to, others were under the threat of being discovered and tortured for being a witch or wizard. Helga rounded another corridor, making her way down to the dungeons. She walked past Salazar's office. The light was still on. "Up so late, Salazar?" Helga chimed through the door.
"I am. As are you." he spoke but did not appear.
"Do I need to check your rooms?" Helga asked wearily.
"They have been searched. All is well here." Salazar appeared at the door. He did not look at Helga, but rather looked down the hall to a set of stairs leading further down.
"I see. Salazar?" Helga asked hesitently.
"Yes?" her collegue rubbed his eyes as he answered, in a way that showed his frustration.
"Tell me what is the matter? What is really wrong? Not just that there are children here who are not pure blood, but why have you forgotten why we built this place on in the beginning?" Salazar sighed at Helga's words.
"I grow so tired of your attempts to bring peace, Helga."
"Then put a stop to my attempts and MAKE peace then." Helga smiled. Salazar laughed and reached out to Helga, taking her hand.
"I will always have peace with you, dear girl." he patted her hand and released it. "But we are all strong personalities and you cannot expect there to be agreement always." Salazar turned to enter his room again. "Oh, and would you mind checking the room at the bottom of the stairs and making sure it is locked. And please do so after you send my son back to the Slytherin Commonroom."
"Searpente is down there? Salazar, you mustn't break the rules! No one is above them. The boy should be in the common room now."
"So send him there and leave me be! Good night, Professor." Salazar bowed politely, and then closed the door hard.
Helga sighed and turned toward the staircase. She walked down and heard hissing noises which un nerved her at first. She found the boy there, hissing and talking to a small but very vicious looking snake. Helga shivered. She didn't like reptiles, but so many students had all sorts of these kinds of pets, so she held her tongue and showed tolerence. She realised now that Searpente was speaking the snakes language. So much like his father.
"Hello, Searpente. Your father has allowed you time here long enough. It's time for bed. I expect the snake stays here? It is too dangerous to take to your room."
"Searpente,
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 4 August 2009 3:50:03pm

Searpente almost hissed at Hufflepuff before remembering that he wasn't allowed to be rude to her. Yet. Soon, soon, he would be standing over her dead body, laughing as Nagini eats her for dinner. When father would begin his work, in only a few short days, everything would be set right. Just a few short days.

But, until then, he would comply. "As you wish, ma'am." He set Nagini on the floor. "Feel free to hunt tonight, particularly in Hufflepuff house," he hissed to his snake in his language. Then, stowing his wand in his robe, Searpente set off for his house common room.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 2 September 2009 3:47:46pm

Helga sighed and made her way back to the great Hall. The whole place was so quiet. She ascended the staircase and made her way back to Hufflepuff common room. She sat down on one of the couches and pressed her hand against her forhead. A scream pierced the night and Helga lifted her head up, and turned to the stairway to the girls dormatories. Another scream. Another. She got up and ran up the stairs. Chidlren were streaming into the hallway already. Helga approached the room where most of the girls were milling, their hands over their mouths.

A girl was lying on the floor; she was still in the throws of a serious curse. She convulsed on the stone, her mouth was foaming with a white pussy fluid. Helga collapsed beside her, and she turned to the girl who was trying to help her. "Listen to me." she said, meeting her eyes. "Go and get Professor Gryffindor." The girl ran, knowing the urgency. Helga pushed the children back and made a perimetre with her wand. She tried to hold the girl and took a potion out of her cloak. She held the girl in her arms and tried to force the potion in her mouth. It helped a little. But the poor thing managed to take one more breath before gasping out her last. Helga stared into her face, horrified. A girl behind her started to scream again.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Wednesday 2 September 2009 7:16:04pm

Screams began to ring out through the night, and both Rowena and Marpessa jumped. Marpessa turned to Rowena for instruction, who said immediately, "Find out what's going on. I'm off to get Professor Gryffindor." Marpessa nodded and ran in the direction of the screams. They came from the Girl's Dormitories, where Professor Hufflepuff was sitting with a heavily cursed girl leaning against her. "Professor Ravenclaw's gone to get Professor Gryffindor. What happened?" Marpessa asked, kneeling next to the teacher.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 3 September 2009 12:34:45am

"Marpessa, we need to remove her now. She is not breathing as she should be." Helga whispered, looking around at the others. "Now girls, back up please. Agatha is very sick, we need to get her some more care. " Helga stood up and lifted up the girl. She was very small; a first year. "Clear the way! Prefects! Get everyone back into their bed." The girls respectfully made room for her to pass, and Marpessa followed her into the hall and down the stairs.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Thursday 3 September 2009 4:01:28am

Marpessa followed Helga willingly; this looked serious. As they walked down the halls, students were beginning to strem out of their dormitories, knowing something was up. "Out of the way!" Marpessa called, moving to walk in front of Professor Hufflepuff and clearing the path of students, either verbally or with a quick shove. Now was not the time to be polite.
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 3 September 2009 1:48:29pm

Helga carried the girl out of through the common room entrance and on to the Hospital Wing. The child was so cold, but her heart was still beating, very very slowly. Helga's own heart was racing. This was what they had feared. The muttering about pure bloods and mudbloods and who was worthy to be a student at Hogwarts had reached the very core of the school; A muggle born had been attached. From what Helga could gather from what she had witnessed, the child had been poisoned.

She layed the girl on a bed in the infirmary and as she did, she noticed the bruising cut on her leg. She examined it more closely. It looked to be a bite of some kind. "What do you make of this Mapessa?" she said to her collegue, pointing to the wound.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Thursday 3 September 2009 4:54:58pm

Marpessa peered closely at the bruising on the girl's leg. The area around what appeared to be a bite was heavily inflamed, and in the center of the damage were identical cuts. Fangs. "I think whatever bit her gave her the poison. Some large animal, I think. A spider, perhaps. But I've heard nothing of acromantulas in the school, and a spider would have given the child other injuries. Scratches, from the sharp hair on it's legs, for one. I think this is something different..."
FawkesthePhoenix

Postby salemboy » Friday 4 September 2009 9:28:33am

Searpente smiled evilly as he walked back into his dormitory room. Being a son of Salazar had its perks... having a room to himself being one of them. He walked over to his bed. "Did you eat well?" he asked as Nagini slid in from behind the headrest. He had made a hole in the wall long ago for Nagini to creep through.

"No, massster... I could only bite the girl... Too many possible witnesses." It hissed angrily. It hated not being able to feed in public. Having to stay secretive about feeding.

"Don't worry, my pet," Damien coaxed. "Just a few more days, and then you can eat all the mudbloods you want..." Yes, but at least the girl would die. Nobody had ever survived a bite from Nagini. With no cure, or antidote, one's best bet was to have all of their affairs in order.

As Searpented climbed into bed, he closed his eyes, content knowing that another muggle-born would die tonight.
salemboy

Next

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area