Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 5 September 2009 3:41:37pm

Geneve had the best sleep. She had not rested like that in weeks, and she welcomed the wake up call by the prefects with a stretch and a smile. She got dressed quickly and was so excited about her classes. She knew now that the best way to learn to control her magic was to start learning about magic itself. She scanned her schedule. She had Transfiguration today, as well as Charms and Herbology. "How interesting, they have Muggle Studies here! And History of Magic. " She wondered how much she already knew about the sort of things they might teach in Muggle Studies, seeing as she grew up in the Muggle world. Well, to eleven years old anyway.

Geneve made her way out of the common room and joined the crowds of students to the Great Hall for breakfast. She couldn't remember if she had ever actually sat at Slytherin table for any meal yet, and she smiled at how busy she had been with everything BUT school. She positioned herself at teh long table, and then noticed that she was in the direct line of sight of Liam Delacour and Albus Potter. They were oblivious of course, as Liam played up his usual Veela charm with the other first years (and a few second years too) and Albus played up his famous heritage. Geneve continued to look, and decided that perhaps Albus was probably good looking enough to attract attention without his last name being Potter. Not that she was noticing. It was very unfortunate that Albus noticed her staring, and chose that moment to acknowledge Geneve with a smug grin and lifting of his pumpkin juice goblet. Two of the girls talking to him turned their head and stared at her too, and then turned to each other with annoyed and sceptical expressions. Then they giggled, which made Geneve's blood boil.

"Temper, temper." She muttered, remembering what happened the last time she was put off in the Great Hall. She smiled back, raised her cup, and then drank from it as she turned to focus on anything else. She shifted her eyes back to the Gryffindor table very carefully and noticed Albus was now talking to Liam and looking over at her as he did. "Great." she thought.

Geneve looked on to the table of teachers to check who had made it to breakfast.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Saturday 5 September 2009 4:17:37pm

It had been 15 years, 4 months, and six days since Damien had been inside the wasteland. Yet, even with all that time in between, it still terrified him. Bodies were strewn across it, lying in heaps next to eachother. They were bloody, torn apart by forces unknown, lying in contorted ways, even as Damien had left them when he had killed them.

A body stirred, moaning, a harsh, coarse moan, that causes one's ears to itch in discomfort. Another moan joined it, as another body began moving. As the two bodies arose, more voices came in, some moaning, some crying, others sobbing. A baby's crying could be heard resounding across the wasteland, the same way it was screaming when it was tortured to death.

The bodies were moving towards him, the two earlier joined by thousands more. They were making all possible sounds, screaming, crying, yelling, laughing from insanity. They kept moving towards Damien... never ceasing.

Damien tried to turn, to run, but found that he was chained again. As the first body approached him, it pointed its finger at him. A sudden surge of pain swept over Damien's body as he screamed in agony. Sweat poured from him as the pain coursed through his veins. His vision was blacking out, a ringing in his ears was overcoming him. He could feel his hands, his arms, go limp from the pain, and his legs twitch uncontrollably as he felt the pain go through him.

Then a voice, that same voice from so long ago, resounded through his head, "Why did you kill us, Damien?"

Damien yelled out in pain as he fell on the floor of his room. He was sweating terribly, feeling his limbs twitch from fear. Breathing heavily, he pulled himself up off of the floor and crawled over to the sink, only to throw up into it. Wiping his mouth, he fell back down onto the ground.

It had been years since he had had that dream... but... why? Why was he having them again? He shut his eyes momentarily, trying to calm down... then opened them again. He looked at his watch. Breakfast was in 20. Pulling himself together, Damien got on new pair of jeans and a t-shirt. Stowing his wand his his jeans pocket, Damien set off for breakfast.

Walking into the hall, he saw that many of the students were already there, including Geneve and Liam... For some reason or another, the two didn't seem to be talking. Damien sighed. Kids, they could be so irritating.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 5 September 2009 5:04:15pm

Geneve scanned the food on the table and decided to try some pancakes. She piled two on her plate and then picked up the golden syrup. Someone pulled the syrup out of her hand and set it down loudly next to her plate. Geneve stared at the spot where it had been slammed down, and then looked up, non plussed, at the person who had done it. Staring back at her was a familiar face. There was no mistaking her pointed nose and black hair hanging in her eyes.
"I was using that." Geneve said in a short, irritated voice.
"Oh were you? Oh I'm sorry..." Melissa Malfoy laughed. Two or three other girls were milling around; all Slytherins. They laughed with her. A young boy was there too, standing behind Melissa. He must be her younger brother - they looked a bit alike. Melissa picked up the syrup again. She started pouring it onto Geneve's plate. "Tell me when to stop." Melissa said into Geneve's face, and then she moved her hand and started pouring the syrup onto Geneve's lap. Geneve moved to stop her, but Melissa had slammed the syrup back onto the table and whipped out her wand, pointing it under Geneve's chin.
"I haven't forgotten what you did, Riddle." Melissa hissed. The girls who were watching sat down around them to reduce the size of the scene. Geneve cooly looked into Melissa's face. "You step out of line around any of us again, and we'll see to it that you leave Hogwarts." She pushed her face closer as well as her wand deeper under Geneve's chin. "Do.. you ... understand?" she said more than asked. Geneve tried very hard to keep her temper, feeling something very bad coming on.

"I understand." she said as smoothly as she could. She looked beyond Melissa now, and noticed that Professor Nomare had entered the Great Hall.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Saturday 5 September 2009 5:14:11pm

Damien saw the girls messing with Geneve. Not on his watch. He walked over to where the girls and boy were at. Only Geneve had noticed him. "You know what I understand?" Damien asked, resting his arms on both of the Malfoys, feeling them both jump. "I understand that bullying is against the rules. Not to mention, I despise it wholly." He wasn't smiling. "So, guess what? If I ever see you messing with Geneve again, you're lives will be more miserable than you can imagine. As for now, I'll let you off easy." The kids sighed in relief. "Today, you have detention. Oh, and bring clothes you don't mind getting dirty, by the way. Now, get out of my sight." Damien could hear the kids moaning as they left.

Turning to Geneve, Damien asked, "You ok?"
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 7 September 2009 4:19:19pm

"Fine." Geneve said shortly, her jaw set and tense. She watched as the girls walked away, and behind Damien's back, Melissa made a face to indicate she was not finished with her yet. Geneve knodded, indicating that she was more than willing to pick up this conversation later. She turned to Professor Nomare.
"I kept my temper, unlike before with Liam.. what a mess..." Geneve sighed. "I don't think anyone wants to hand around with me. I"m too.. unpredictable."
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby Q.Araignee » Monday 7 September 2009 5:56:59pm

Gwydion woke with an uncomfortable jolt, just before Dawn- something had been nagging him all night and kept him from sleeping deeply. He decided to go see Nikolaus, surely not too ridiculous a request for a restless Auror. With the choice settled in his mind, Gwydion got himself up and changed out of his nightwear before beginning his descent down the Tower.

It wasn’t long before his thoughts drifted to the day before. The proposed meeting with Damien hadn’t happened, after waiting for an hour and watching the moon rise silently above the Forest into the clear sky. A beautiful sight, yes, but not the purpose for his being at the top of the Astronomy Tower. He wasn’t sure why Damien hadn’t turned up, it may have been as simple a reason as he had forgotten and gone to bed. It did bother Gwydion a little bit though, he had offered to reveal a key part of his past as a show of trust in the man- the only other person outside the family who knew was Potter, as he had been told again as a sign of trust between employer and employee. But never mind, hopefully Damien might come and apologise and they could try again- there would but be one more chance, however, and then Gwydion would give up on trying to be open with the man.

Before that, however, there had been the meeting with Miss Farissa...

Well now, wasn’t Gwydion a charmer? He’d made sure he made a good impression on Farissa, being in the Staff Room and waiting for her with a hot coffee in hand and a polite smile on his face. She still couldn’t help but notice the fresh looking cut just under his eye, caught by a particularly nasty spell if her guess was right. He must have been off-site earlier to deal with some Ministry business.
With a smile and a thank you later, they were sat comfortably and chatting away. General stuff, families and where they came from. Gwydion seemed genuinely surprised when she confessed to having no family left, her parents having died while she was still at school and with no partner to speak of. Men she met generally didn’t care for her travelling as a Freelancer, and she had only just gotten into teaching. Gwydion, it seemed, was also on his own- less disastrously so, as his family still lived. They just never spoke on civil terms. He didn’t go into the reasons, but some of the scars suddenly made more sense.

After all, while Farissa was British and seemingly normal, Neko was not. She had her own past to use as evidence for this assumption, though she didn’t let any of it slip. Her abilities were far too well-trained for her to make such a rookie mistake.

They swapped stories of dangerous assignments, and reasons for choosing their professions. They discussed each of their views on various debates that were swirling through the magical community of late. All in all, a lovely and intellectually stimulating conversation. Such a shame, then, that it had to end with Gwydion leaving to meet Damien. Of course, while he was a great person to talk to Farissa- no, Neko- knew she would never fall for him. Gwydion had kept some of the more personal details of his life hidden, just as she had kept the truth of herself completely quiet.

Farissa said goodbye with good grace, allowing Gwydion to kiss her hand like the old romantic he obviously was, before heading back up to her room. She had then gone to sleep without too much fuss, as the night was clearly upon them and she felt no hunger.
The next day, Farissa awoke late- but half an hour before lessons. She muttered angrily under her breath before tidying herself up and hurrying into the classroom to lay it out for her first class.

Ahh, yes, that was it. If she would only let down her guard and let him care for her they could actually get rather close...but that was yesterday. And by now, Gwydion found himself at the door to the Hospital Wing. He knocked gently, and let himself in- looking around for Nikolaus.
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 8 September 2009 12:48:11pm

"Heeey," Damien said softly. "Don't let that get the best of ya." He gave her a short, encouraging embrace. Noticing the syrup on her robes, he pointed his wand at them, and said a quick, "Scourgify." The syrup vanished away. Sitting down next to her, he grabbed himself a plate of waffles. "So," he began. "Are you going to try out for quidditch?"
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Tuesday 8 September 2009 1:20:48pm

Geneve laughed. " Do you think I could? I need to take flying lessons first! Oh..." she put her bag on the table and pulled out her schedule and unrolled the parchement. She scanned it until her finger fell on what she was looking for. " I have my first flying lesson today, first session..." she looked up at Professor Nomare, her face had gone pale. "I can't fly a broom! I've only ever used a broom for sweeping? I really really prefer to stay on the ground.... " she realised then that she had started crushing the parchment. She released it and it started forming into a flat sheet again. "I guess...it's like learning to ride a bike? Right? And once I get the hang of it..." she exhailed; she had been holding her breath. "But quidditch.. no... not this year.. probably not..."
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 8 September 2009 1:39:52pm

Damien smiled. "I'm sure you'd do great. But I just remembered, first years can't try out anyway." He chuckled at his mistake. He took a bite of his waffle and swallowed. "The key to flying a broom is to have fun. Don't care what the other kids think, because 9 times out of ten, they suck worse than you do." He took another bite, chewed, and swallowed.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 11 September 2009 2:25:38pm

Geneve looked down at her food and then over at the doors. She decided she would go for some toast rather than pancakes, and she wrapped two pieces of butter and jam toast in a napkin and stood up.
"If you will excuse me, Professor, I think I'll get going and get ready for the day. Thank you again for... sorting that out for me." Geneve stepped out from the table and made her way to the doors. She turned around one last time. She had decided at that moment that she would go and see Nicolaus. She just wasn't sure how she was going to do it without getting in trouble again.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby choki » Friday 11 September 2009 4:29:40pm

"Why... why..."

A bony skeleton hand reached out, grasping at the emptiness in front of him.

"Why did you kill us..."

The rest of the bony figure emerged out from darkness, draped in a torn dark purple robe, stumbling towards him. He was rooted to the ground, unable to move a single inch away from the approaching figure as he stared blankly at the all too familiar figure.

"No... no... Valen-..." He was rendered speechless as the rotting flesh finally came face to face with him.

"Why did you kill us... Nikolaus!!! Why did you kill me and your own child?!?!" The figure howled as she grabbed unto Nikolaus's left arm, leaving a cold burning touch.

It hurt. Everything hurt. The pain for his left arm was unbearable, but so was the burning ache in his heart.

Then, he woke up with a fright. The nagging pain on his left arm still remained, a reminder of the scene in the mirror. Nikolaus stared into the openness of the room. Nothing was there... except for a faint light source from a dwindling candle flame.

"Did I really kill Valencia and my own child?" Nikolaus questioned himself.

A rustling sound from the left alerted him. Nikolaus turned to the source. Gwydion was standing just against the door.
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 12 September 2009 5:53:54am

Geneve wondered if it was worth it, after having such good luck with Professor Nomare and her new Transfiguration teacher. She sighed. There was a deep sense of guilt in her heart, and it had to do with getting Nikolaus in trouble, and being responsible for getting him hurt too. The mirror of Erised has shattered, and no one really knew what happened except for her and Nikolaus. what if he didn't wake up? Should she tell them what happened so they could find an antidote. She felt she owed it to Nikoalus to help him. And he had promised to help her too. She didn't want to face battling this darkness inside her without him. He knew exactly what she was dealing with, and that was a comfort.

Geneve ascended until she reached the infirmary. She hesitated outside the door, noticing that it was open slightly. She stopped, luckily, noticing the Ministry Official, Gwydion, standing just inside. Geneve glanced in, and noticed her was standing far enough in that she could enter the room and hide behind a cabinet without being noticed. She closed her eyes and imagined herself more silent than death, and as she moved into the room, there was no sound at all. Geneve's heart raced; she was getting good at controlling her magic, no matter how basic now. She peered out from behind it and saw just beyond Gwydion that Nikolaus was awake, and he was even sitting up! He looked seriously distraught. When he looked toward Gwydion, Geneve moved to hide again, and listened to what would happen next.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby Q.Araignee » Saturday 12 September 2009 10:54:53am

Gwydion could have sworn that his robes had moved a moment ago, but there was no breeze and no one was around. Not visibly at least, and it certainly wasn’t any of the ghosts...there were a few spells for this situation which he cast in quick and silent succession. Hmm, four living souls- himself, Madam Pomfrey in her office, Nikolaus and one other. Young, female- well now, that explained who that was didn’t it? Gwydion smiled briefly, she could listen and it wouldn’t bother him. It was just as he reached this conclusion that he noticed a movement to his right, as Nikolaus sat bolt upright in his bed. The man looked positively fevered and distraught over something, then looked straight at him when he moved his arm and let his robes rustle slightly.

“Well, Nikolaus, you seem to be a bit worse for wear.” Gwydion walked over and conjured a chair next to the bed which he then sat in. “I thought I’d pop in before Nomare does, see how you are, ask what the hell happened and why you had a piece of thoroughly enchanted glass in your arm, offer to tell you what I tried to tell Nomare except he skipped on our meeting...but let’s start with the first one shall we? Drink?”
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby choki » Sunday 13 September 2009 8:16:23am

Nikolaus nodded and soon enough, two goblets magically appeared in midair, floating to each of them. He took a sip of the firewhisky. Soon, he warmed up to the smooth fiery sensation down his throat. This time round, his eyes was no longer blank, but has returned to its usual grey cold eyes.

"So, care to share?" Gwydion urged.
"I guess the magical mirror shattered at the sight of my handsome appearance..." Nikolaus offered an absurd explanation without any expression. Clearly, Gwydion was least amused by his wry sense of humour.

"It was just a practice gone awry. I was teaching Geneve some basic defensive spells but her protego charm was superb! Having to deflect my curse strongly that it ricocheted off the wall, hitting the old mirror by the side. And as for the rest, I guess you would already know it. I have no idea the mirror was enchanted, giving me and Geneve a weird confused memory. I thought I was dancing in the ballroom with Valencia once I got struck down by that shard... amazing enchantment isn't it?"
choki
Gryffindor Prefect and Silent Guardian Of Stars

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 13 September 2009 1:03:32pm

Geneve help her breath still, although she was relieved that Nikolaus was speaking a similar story to her own. The only thing was she had told Valencia that Nikolaus had seen something in the mirror, but she and Nikolaus could work around that by making it seem like the mirror fragments had made them delusional. She smiled. What a complicated web it was, to spin so many lies. She continued to listen, her back against the cabinet. She checked her watch. She was missing her first flying lesson! She silently cursed herself. How would she explain this to Professor Nomare? Not only was he the Potions master, but he was also head of her house. She was already in trouble and she had not even opened her mouth yet.
Ms. Elsewhere

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area