Lost: Season Six

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Lost: Season Six

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Saturday 9 January 2010 11:30:22am

Is almost here!

Anyone as excited as I am?
Phoenix in the Ashes
Guardian of the Vault, RPG Moderator and Slytherin Prefect

Re: Lost: Season Six

Postby Paul » Saturday 9 January 2010 10:56:43pm

Is it season 6? Wow, I thought it was 5. This is the last one isn't it? I was just talking about the forthcoming series of Lost to my mum on the phone earlier tonight. My mum and dad have seen it up to series 4 I think. Its jumped between different TV stations here in the UK and I've only so far seen up to the end of series 2. I got a partly on-demand TV service at the end of the summer called BT Vision because the old analogue TV signals are being switched off in England as part of the "digital switchover" here...I've been meaning to catch up with Lost with the on-demand episodes but so many other things to do that I've not done so yet.

One thing is for sure, even just the first 2 seasons were one of the best TV experiences ever in my humble opinion. I'm going to have to avoid reading this thread though as don't want to spoil thing by finding what happened beyond series 2 yet.
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Sunday 10 January 2010 2:13:58am

Ohh Paul, you have to watch it the whole way! I get goosebumps in anticipation of this final season. Because of the writers' strike Season 4 was cut quite short, so that might be why you thought it was the 5th. Seasons 4 and 5 are the best in my opinion, just truly amazing television.

It's a pity so many people left after Season 2... if they'd stayed until 4, they'd have been hooked again.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 13 January 2010 3:17:56pm

I just want to say that I adore Lost! My hubby and I have been into it for ages now! It's been off air for so long, and Australia always seems to get it last! As Paul, I can't read this thread until I'm caught up. I'm going to have to do some research to see which seasons I've actually seen because they are all over the place!

yay fro Season 6 coming up!
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Thursday 14 January 2010 2:18:55am

Gosh people, get up to date so you can watch the final season extravaganza! :eek:
I've heard that although in the past we've traditionally aired the shows a few weeks after they screen in the States, we'll be getting them only a few days after this season. Which means people won't have to download as I know many of my Lost-loving friends do.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Postby Broccoli » Thursday 21 January 2010 3:00:19pm

I am very excited about the final season too. I'm afraid I'll have to do some reading and watching though before I can remember everythung from the last season. Fortunately there are great summaries of what happened previously available on YouTube.

(Oh, and by the way, my husband met Kate and Charlie on the street when they were shopping in Vienna!)
Broccoli
Slytherin Prefect, Healer at St Mungo's and Slytherin Chaser

Postby Phoenix in the Ashes » Friday 22 January 2010 8:35:14am

Ha, that's awesome. They've been screening the whole last season every night here. Yeah, there are always plenty of summaries about.
Phoenix in the Ashes

Return to The Great Hall