The Shadow

Create a character and join in with the tales from an unbounded range of other universes. All are welcome to enjoy the fun, whether you're totally new or experienced in online role playing. Good luck and enjoy the interactive stories.

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: The Shadow

Postby FortisUmbra » Wednesday 23 December 2009 4:44:16pm

Mathew continued to study john before saying “Yes. We know about your father but we’re not wearying about him right now. This building was the first of the building built for the shadow and not one has been found since the operation started. I’m here to discuss your options with you.” Mathew created a portal through which a chair fell and Mathew motioned for John to in it. “Now you are sixteen years of age are you not? Well then you have many choices because according to our laws, those being the only ones you are required to follow, you can live away from your parents. This means you could stay here and fend for yourself, which means you follow only human law, you could leave earth and start a life on our planet, or you could join the Shadow and help others like yourself to live free for the tyrannical power of the light. It’s all up to you.”
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 25 December 2009 3:56:37pm

Jon was taken aback.
"These are my options?" he said, his voice breaking a little. Go and live on their planet? He had not even met another super human before, he could not imagine leaving and getting used to that. He paced the room, running his hand through his hair. He was sixteen, but he had never dreamed of what he would do when he was on his own. He wanted to go to university. He had plans! But they were all gone now. He turned Matthew.
"I'm... really good at Chemistry, Bilology and Physics. I.. .was working toward university levels in extended classes at school." he said, moving his hand for effect. I can... handle any computer... I wanted to be a Doctor... or maybe join the Army....." Jon swooned a bit, the enormity of the event finally hitting him. He fell to his knees. "I....what ..." he stumbled over his words, then put his hands out in front of him, looking at them before looking up at Matthew. "Which direction does my life go now? If I chose to begin here, where will that lead?"
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby FortisUmbra » Saturday 26 December 2009 4:35:50am

Mathew looked at john and didn't know what to say. "Well you can't join the army here because you are super human and they wont take you. you don't half to come to our world like i said you can stay here and fend for yourself against the light. You can also stay on earth and work for The Shadow. If you work for the shadow they will completely pay for any education you wish to receive. You obviously can't go to a human school but they have educational facilitates here. now if you decide to do this you will need to work for the shadow while you get your education.

"Don't make a decision yet. think about it for a day or two. we have a room for you to stay in." at this Mathew opened a portal to a slightly small room with a bed, a fire place, a bookshelf, and a desk with a computer. "while you decide what to do feel free to talk to anyone or use our gym or cafeteria or anything that is not labeled off limits. Where your life goes from here is up to you. You can still do anything you want. You are free to make your own choices. stay here form a few days even if you make a decision that way you can get an idea of what we are like. I'm sorry i can't be of much help but i have done all i can do."
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 26 December 2009 7:12:21am

Jon straightened up and stared at Matthew.

"You can do one more thing, if it's not too much trouble?" he asked, hesitating a bit. Then he made his request. "Please, could you TAKE me to my room, and show me around on the way? I can't handle going through another one of those things. " he pointed wearily at the portal. "I need to feel like all of this is real. I must see roads, or hallways, lights... anything that points to a place that is concrete." Jon waited as the portal spiraled. He peered into it, looking at the bed in the room, desperate to colapse there and sleep, but he could not go in without knowing where he was going. He had to use his own two legs to get there, at least, this time.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Saturday 26 December 2009 5:51:38pm

Mathew was tired and he could tell that John was tired too, but he could tell from the look on his face that he really wanted to walk. “Fine ill take you. Come this way.” Turing around and letting the portal vanish Mathew walked out the door he headed for an elevator and stepped inside. When John was beside him Mathew pushed a button and the elevator rose two floors.

They stepped out of the elevator and Mathew pointed to the only door here. “This is the gym. Here you can practice dueling with or without powers. They have weapons, a basketball court, a pool, a racket ball court, weights, and basically anything you will ever want from a gym.” they turned around and went back to the elevator. They went up another floor.

“This is the cafeteria.” Mathew said motioning to an open set of double doors on the right side of a long hallway. As they passed this they heard someone call to them.

“Hey Mathew, John wait up.” Roger came running from the cafeteria, a pudding cup still in his hand. Mathew looked irritated. “How you been?” Roger asked John and without waiting for a reply said “good good. We’ll see you later” and he ran off again.

Mathew shook his head “he just wants some form of credit. Well these are the showering rooms.” He pointed to two doors right next to each other one having a male sign the other a female. They continued down the hallway passing door each one next to each other and marked with numbers. It greatly resembled a hotel. Mathew stopped by one of the doors and said “This will be your room here’s the key. I f you want anything I will be in that room.” Mathew pointed across the hall at the door directly across to Johns room. “Good night and sleep well.”
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby salemboy » Tuesday 29 December 2009 4:14:11pm

Hakan awoke to the sound of Yuki breathing in his arms, the sunlight shining on his face. His arms wrapped around her, he pulled her in closer, giving her a tight squeeze. He wished that they didn't have to move. That they could just stay where they were, not have to worry about anything.

Sadly, reality was not very kind. Opening his eyes, Hakan squinted through the sunlight at the clock. 7 in the morning, only four hours of sleep. Wonderful, he'd probably be killed by driving sleepy before the Light or his father ever reach him. He closed his eyes again, waiting a few moments before reopening them.

Quietly, Hakan whispered in Yuki's ear, "It's time to wake up sleepy-head." A sigh escaped the female's lips as she fluttered her eyes open.

"Time?"

"7."

"Ugh, ten more minutes," Yuki groaned as she relaxed back against Hakan, making him almost wish they didn't have to leave. But, they couldn't risk being caught.

Squeezing Yuki's hand, Hakan whispered, "C'mon, you know we have to go. We can't risk being seen."

Letting out another groan, Yuki sat up, and shifted herself back into her seat. "I was having such a good dream, too."

"Really?" Hakan asked as he sat up himself and pulled on his seatbelt. "What about?"

"Dragons," Yuki fastened her own seatbelt. "I dreamt that you and I rode dragons all over the world, and we had all these mystical powers. We were about to go on a 'great adventure,' if you catch my drift, when you woke me up." She smirked mischieviously at Hakan.

All Hakan could manage was, "You and your dreams." He started the jeep, listening to it's engine pur. "I love this car," he muttered under his breath. Then he began accelerating down the road.

The neighborhood that the pair was in was a tree-heavy environment, populated with a mixture of middle-class rednecks and low-life thugs. The neighborhood hoodlums had knocked over all of the street signs, so that Hakan and Yuki had no idea which road they were on. So they drove on, trying to find their way back to the main streets, passing by multiple houses that looked beaten to bits by the storm the night before. One house even had had a tree fall down on it, literally splitting the down the middle.

Finally turning onto the main road, Hakan suddenly swore, slamming on the brakes. They were in stand-still traffic, the lines of cars seeming to go for miles. Slamming on the steering wheel, he sighed. "We were supposed to be moving by now."

"It's ok," Yuki consoled, rubbing his back. "It'll clear up eventually. In the meantime, we can spend some quality time together. It's rare for us to have free time."

Shrugging, Hakan asked, "What do you suppose we do then?"

Hakan could have sworn he'd seen a gleam in Yuki's eye when she said, "Let's play Truth or Dare."
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby FortisUmbra » Tuesday 29 December 2009 5:43:32pm

Mathew woke up the next morning and looked at the clock by his bed. it was only 6:30. Why did he always wake up at 6:30? he sighed. Mathew got out of the bed changed out of his pajamas and into some nice close. today was his day off. he could do anything he wanted to do, but then he remembered the pile of paper work that he had to do. He sighed again. Mathew sat at his desk and looked around the room. he really wished that the base wasn't underground then they might have windows. he turned to his computer and started typing up the events of last night. when he finished he looked at the clock. it was 7:13. Mathew stood up and went to go shower. he had a long day ahead of him if John was going to be as dependent on him as he had been last night.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 29 January 2010 3:48:16pm

Jon was already up and had helped himself to the cafeteria. He was moving through the facility, wondering if this wasn't going to be all bad after all. It was kind of like going to college, only..... Jon likened this to the army. He was up very early, there were only a few people gathered in the cafeteria and one staff on serving food. No one seemed to be put off that he was new. After getting a grip on his surroundings and testing out the elevators, he realised that he was not going to be allowed to leave this place without special clearance. The elevator had a special security panel that was designed to keep you in, unless you had the ability or the authority to use it. He laughed to himself because he could just imagine the kind of security that would keep people with random powers in as well as out. Someone very clever would have had to come up with that. He didn't bother trying to toy with it using his gift, but he decided it was time that he start practicing using it. He made his way back to the hall where his room was and found Matthews room, where he knocked on the door. He was going to need to set up a schedule to start training.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Saturday 30 January 2010 3:57:50pm

Mathew came out of the shower room fully dressed in his normal days as he heded back to his room he noticed John standing outside. Mathew sighed. when he approched John He asked what he needed and john told him he wanted to train. Mathew thought about this for a moment then realising he had nothing better to do told John that he would go to the gym with him. Mathew went into him room to put somethings away when him computer beaped. walking over to it Mathew clicked on the new message he had resived. it was a masseage from the "Time Telling department". it said one of the Clervoients, Mary by name, wanted to speak with him. Mathew was a little confused he had never spoken to one of the clervoients. walking out side he saw John and told him about the message he had just reasived. John looked a little disapointed so mathew said "Go to the gym and ask for Bill he can help you train. i'll be down when im done with what ever they need me to do." Mathew turned and walked straight throught a portal.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 31 January 2010 4:45:28pm

Jon made his way to the gym. It was a huge space, very decieving from the outside. The walls were fitted with mirrors and stands that held a variety of weapons. Scanning the selection, Jon noticed there were no guns. To his right as he entered the room was a room with darkened windows. The door was open and inside Jon could see two people pouring over a control panel as they looked through the darkened windows, which from the inside gave a perfect view of the entire training space. There was equipment placed here and there for weight training, climbing and so on, along with some items Jon could not classify.

Strolling through the place, Jon was at a loss as to where to begin. He especially enjoyed boxing, and so he found a punching bag with gloves on the floor and decided to have a go. Upon finding this activity, he noticed that hte room expanded to another space where a proper boxing ring was set up for use. Jon slipped on the gloves and tapped he nuckles together to set them tight, and then started to walk around the punching bag. He threw a punch, sending the bag rocking. He shouldered it when it returned and then punched it twice when it swung back again. He continue this for a while, and then paused, breathing heavily. He looked down at the floor, which was carpeted in most places, but was cement floor mostly. He lifted his foot, closed his eyes and brought it down again with force. A sickening crack sounded off the quiet walls of the gym, and when he opened his eyes he saw that no one was really fussed by what he had done. He looked down and saw a small crack on the ground.

"I'd advice you don't vandalise this place. " a voice behind him called out.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Monday 1 February 2010 3:43:47pm

When Mathew stepped out of the portal he was standing outside a very normal looking door in a very normal looking hallway. Looking up at the door he saw the words "Time Telling". This was the room where the clairvoyants, people who can see things in the future, worked along with the presence, people who can see things in the present, and the historians, people who see things in the past. Mathew worked with "Lost and found" which was located one floor below so he had never seen this door let alone go inside. Whenever a clairvoyant wanted to speak with you the news was either very good or very bad.

Mathew took a deep breath. He reached out for the handle but before he touched it the door swung open. a rather tall young women now stood in front of him. She hand long straight brown hair and very dark brown eyes. She was wearing a rather blank unreadable look on her face and said "Hello Mathew my name is Mary and i am the one who summoned you here today. Please come in we have much to talk about." as she stood aside to let Mathew in Mathew hesitated a little before entering.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 4 February 2010 4:43:50pm

"Oh sorry." Jon responded and felt his cheeks flush and this was completely out of character for him. He was not easily embarrassed. But he had been caught out doing something he had always thought he should hide. He turned to face the man who had reprimanded him.
"That's okay. This place is pretty.... 'proof', if you no what I mean. The way things are, people can destroy buildings, melt your mind, or set your clothes on fire. At least the structure is sound enough to contain any... incidents." He stepped forward and extended his hand to Jon.
"I'm Bill. Matthew told me to expect you."
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Sunday 7 February 2010 2:54:01am

Mathew took a seat in a very comfortable armchair and looked around. It was a nice room it looked like a living room in a house. there was a fire place and a small book shelf several armchairs a couch and a few side tables. looking at the couch he saw Mary sitting looking a little nervous and worried. she looked at Mathew and smiled a little. it was then she said "This is one of the things i hate most about knowing things before other people. there is something i need to tell you that is not for me to tell you." Mathew was a little confused

"What do you mean?" he asked

"Well its about your father. He's going to die."

Mathew sat in silent shock. his father die? but how? "How is he going to die?"

"Well this is the part i was saying was not my place to tell you. You see your father has very bad cancer and he has not told you. he has about a week well five day."

Mathew sat again in silence. "Well i need to see him."

"Thats all taken care of. I told your superiors and they gave you seven days leave. Five to see your father and two days for the funeral. they also suggested bringing your assignment a Johnathan. they said it would be good for him to see the other planet. Also i really don't want to rush you but you need to leave i have some one else who is coming in to be told about their sister dieing."

Mathew nodded and stood up to leave. he was in a daze and didn't even think about using a portal as he walked back to his room using the elevator. when he got there he fell on his bed and looked up at the ceiling.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 18 February 2010 3:28:17pm

Jon made his way back to his room after a page came through requesting that he go back. Bill had wished him farewell, but not without regret in his eyes. He promised he would catch up with Jon later to begin some training. Jon had thanked him and then left.

Someone had been in his room because there was paperwork on his bedside table. He approached, and saw that there was a device that looked like a cellphone and under it, a ticket with an electronic code. Jon turned it over in his hand. He had never seen such a ticket. His heart skipped a beat when her realised by the name what it was.

"USS Endeavour, Class A... Hyper Sleep Chamber.... " Jon spoke aloud, and faultered. He had a ticket on a space shuttle, and further more, the actual one that traveled to what his father had so affectionately called the 'outcast' planet. Jon picked up the paper work and started filing through it. Notes on how to best cope with space travel. Hyper sleep chamber requirments. The trip would take less than an hour, but the hyper sleep was important because of the effects on the human body of the speed. Jon chuckled. They were hardly human, but he was grateful for the caution. On the itinerary, he saw that Matthew would join him. Was this a job? Jon decided to go see Matthew. He took the paperwork and the ticket and went to Matt's door. He knocked, and then announced himself. "Matthew? It's me, Jon." then he waited for a response.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Sunday 28 February 2010 6:43:17pm

Mathew was still face down on the bed when John came to the door. "Come in," Mathew said. When John came in the room he asked about the ticket. "We're going to see my father." Mathew said face still on the bed and using a rather depressed voice. "Well i am anyway. My superiors thought it would be a good idea for you to visit the planet and get an idea of what it was like. You can stay wit me at my fathers house unless you would rather stay somewhere else. Your cloths will be packed and provided because you obviously don't have any. oh and unless you speak fluent Latin you might want to see one of the telepaths on the second floor."
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Other Universes RPG