RPG: Parst City Super Hero Role Playing Game

Create a character and join in with the tales from an unbounded range of other universes. All are welcome to enjoy the fun, whether you're totally new or experienced in online role playing. Good luck and enjoy the interactive stories.

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: RPG: Parst City Super Hero Role Playing Game

Postby FortisUmbra » Saturday 30 January 2010 4:05:27pm

William emerged from Sam's deep subconscious and smelled coffee. William had never much liked coffee and was not pleased when he tasted it. Now that William was in Sam's conscious he could feel her paranoia. It was then that he realized that she had no idea how on earth she had gotten home. William said "Good morning" and felt Sam jump. She was looking around for the person who said that and William decided that he would let her find someone. Feeling as if he slipped from her mind he appeared in front of her as a hallucination. This also caused her great shock and she dropped the cup she was holding.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 31 January 2010 4:29:01pm

Sam let the cup fall and stared at the transparent image before her. She felt the blood drain from her face as she thought, "William is dead, and this is his ghost." A sick sort of panic rushed through her, and she felt her eyes well up. She was crushed with the feeling that she had let him down. She had let them take him, and now, William was gone.

"William.." she managed to croak out. She reached out with one trembling hand.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby FortisUmbra » Monday 1 February 2010 3:58:06pm

William looked down at his body where Sam's hand had touched. He saw it go through his body and looked back up as Sam quickly withdrew her hand. He saw the terrified look on her face and new she thought that she was going crazy.

"Calm down." William said in what he hoped was a soothing voice. "I am not a hallucination, well technically I am but you are not going crazy. You see when I was protecting your mind my body was left vulnerable and I was blocked out by the other telepath. Now my mind is latched onto yours and we're stuck to each other more closely than if we were married and we've known each other what day and a half?" William hoped the joke would ease the tension. He still had a lot he needed to tell her and she needed to be ready for the job they had ahead of them.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 4 February 2010 5:07:33pm

In spite of herself, Sam laughed. She stumbled back and sat down.
"Yes, I suppose it has only been a day. " she muttered, and pushed her hair back out of her face. It was still very wet. She looked up at William, considering him for moment. "I suppose I dont' have a say, considering it's all my fault they got away with you." Sam said dryly. "So, you basically are participating in every thought I have? And can you... can you see things?" Sam was just in awe that William had managed to keep connected to her this way.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Thursday 4 February 2010 9:24:32pm

"Seeing? oh yes i can see. There are some things we need to talk about." William caused Sam to hallucinate a chair which he sat down on and thought for a moment. "I don't really know where to begin. When i when through that man's mind i learned quite a bit, but the things i do know only bring up more questions. first of all i found out What the things are. They are people. they contracted some disease and... i don't really know how it works but for some reason they, the people with this disease, lose there sense of self and eventually their mind altogether. they form a network of minds and its almost like one giant mind. apparently only people who have been mutated by the gas can contract this disease but there working on something to make it so normal people can contract the disease to."
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 5 February 2010 4:51:49am

"Well." Sam pondered. She went over to a cupboard and opened it, revealing a large screen. "Let's see if I can't search the archives about this disease. Um. Give me media coverage of all gas mutant virus, desease, institutionalising, drug trials, large sums of donations to gas mutant organisations as well as any other institutions..." These instructions she directed to the screen, which immediately switched on and started scrolling through data. Each time it found something relevant it released the file to the left, opening it enough for Sam to view it. Media photos popped up and then Sam pressed her finger on one file that revealed a familiar face.

"You." she whispered. And the picture showed the pusher from the rooftop standing next to a group of businessmen. The others she did not recognise ,but there was one with sunglasses on with clothing done up to his chin and covering his entire body right to his fingertips. She was sure this was the telepath from their encounter. Her eyes scanned the article.

"People with a lot of money... donations to a gas mutant hospital. They opened a wing dedicated to the billionaire's name. Ha. The hospital is here, downtown actually. Too much of a co- incidence!" Sam wrote down the address and printed the article off, then closed the cupboard and made way to her room to get dressed. She paused.

"Shall we start here, or do you have a better idea?" she asked William, holding up the print out.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Friday 5 February 2010 5:42:00pm

William was a little surprised at how fast she had found that information and it took him a second to answer. "Oh yes. lets leave, but if you don't mind i think ill take a look around your subconscious while you change. William vanished receding into Sam's deep subconscious and occupying himself with a memory of her ninth birthday.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 6 February 2010 4:45:52pm

Sam scowled, knowing that she could never be sure if William was with her or not. She was glad for her research resources. Being a lawyer had it's advantages, especially when you wanted to dig up dirt on someone. It occured to her she should probably dig up somethign on William, as well as Raijin, but with William so close to her, it was more than a little difficult.

"William? " she asked out loud. She blushed, feeling stupid. There was no answer, so she decided to get dressed, fast. She looked into the mirror and applied some foundation, cleverly covering the bruising and a graze across her jaw line. Then she put some eye make up on to try to change how tired she looked. Coffee. She moved to the kitchen and pulled out a metal cup into which she poured her favourite coffee blend. Sealing the lid on, she then gathered up some necessary items into a hand bag. She was grateful that her ID was already encoded in her wrist and she had no need for a drivers license or credit card anymore. Still, she had always been a little wary of being tagged like that. It was a common thing done nowadays.

"William? I'm ready to go." Sam called out, and took out some lipstick from her bag which she applied and then winced, realising she had a cut on her lip. She wiped the colour away with the back of her hand. She decided she really, really wanted some payback for the bashing she had receieved.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Sunday 7 February 2010 2:35:15am

William heard Sam call and emerged from her memory. as he emerged as another hullocination he had some new feelings from Sam. He could feel the cut she had just discovered on her lip and that curiosity about him that had only lasted a moment but most frightening of all he felt the terible revenge she felt. He looked over to her and woundered what alowed him to see from the point of veiw of the hullucinan but he needed to think of other thing right now.

Sam had her back to him so he cleared his throat (witch wasn't there but he made the sound of clearing of a throat) she turned around and William said "Well lets go" He motioned to the door and receded back into her mind where he could see through her eyes and feel her body as if it where his own. Sam's thoughts came to him and sounded as if she were whispering them in his ear it was a strange sensation not like anything he had ever felt with his power. he didn't like not having control over the body he was using and thought about asking her if he could "Drive" but thought better of it knowing that they had only been together for a few hours and he was already thinking about taking more than he deserved after all this was not his body and for all he knew she might be the only thing keeping him alive.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 10 February 2010 1:39:36pm

Sam made her way to her car in the underground car park of her apartment building. It was accessed via an elevator. Sam leaned back on the mirrored wall of the elevator and stared across at her reflection. She was very annoyed at the marks on her face, even though they were mostly conceiled.

Suddenly Sam started. She stood up straight and turned around ,facing the wall she had been leaning on. She looked into the mirror, studying her eyes. Then she closed them and pressed her hands on the mirror. She tried speaking internally.

'I can feel you.' she began. She waited for a response. When none came, she pressed on. 'It's like your hands are overlapping mine, your chest is pressing out from mine, pushing me forward. I can feel... you wanting to respond to me. My eye was hurting just now and I felt my had go up before I had thought to rub at it. This is going to take some getting used to. ' Sam could feel William stirring near the surface of her skin. It was eerie, kind of like what she had thought being possessed would feel like. But, it felt quite nice. Safe. Warm. Comforting. But, she was still so unaware as to how much control William could take if he chose to. If it had not been her fault that he was taken, would she be so willing to house him this way? Would she have had a choice? Still, she felt oddly connected, and wondered if it was the telepathy, or something more.

The elevator door opened and the brightly lit garage came into view.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Wednesday 10 February 2010 5:41:37pm

William was glad that his telepathy gave his thoughts and emotions some form of protection from Sam. Her thoughts however were completely open to him and he felt strange and uncomfortable with the thoughts she had just recently had. he decided to release himself from her body in order that he might have some peace from the constant whispering of thought and she might have some peace from his intrusive presence. he was unsure weather he could leave her body he had yet to do it. even the hallucinations she had seen had not truly been him he had still been in her mind even if he saw from their prospective.

Sam sat down in the car and William concentrated. after a few minutes he could tell that it wasn't going to work so he settled with moving out of the area of her mind where he was an oppressive and controlling force and into where he had been earlier this morning. back when he had emerged as hallucinations and had not been part of her body as well as mind.

the hallucination appeared next to Sam. William still chose to retain the milky white eyes and very much the same form as Sam remembered him to have. he sat and waited for her to speak.
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 10 February 2010 6:18:20pm

Sam turned and leaned on the car seat so she could check behind her while she backed out. Then, she faced forward again and without looking at William she started to drive.

"Can anyone else see you?" she said dryly. "And... you didn't have to do that. I'd rather know if you're there.. physically, than for you to retreat like this and make me second guess myself." She smiled and glanced at him as she approached the exit. "A person could go quite mad, wondering if it's not all in their head, so to speak." She fumbled in her bag for the exit remote, and pressed the button. Gates opened. She stopped and turned to look at William directly.

"If it's permission you want,to take control when you think you should..." Sam took a deep breath. "You have it. " she stated. " Just.... be respectful, okay? I don't know why, but I trust your judgement. If you think you can make a better decision that me when it matters, then make it. But, if it's possible, talk to me about it first. I want to help you," Sam looked down into her lap and fumbled with the bunch of keys attached to the exit remote. "And I want to stop them, now that I know what it's like to be infected like that." Her stomach turned a little and her mouth went dry, remembering. And all those people, sick and gone mad, being puppetted like wooden toys to what end? She would like to know, and then she would like to put an end to it.
The sunlight streamed into the garage and she repeated herself.

"Can anyone see you? Or is it just me?"
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Thursday 11 February 2010 5:34:06pm

William smiled to himself. He found her rather amusing and turned to face her. "No" he said "You are the only one who can see me and thank you for the 'permission' to take control." He smiled again. He wondered why she felt he had better judgment. She didn't know him very well and she made that judgment about him. Well there’s one piece of supporting evidence for her statement. William lifted his head suddenly. Sam looked over to him curiously because of the sudden movement. William had just realized that the people in the car behind them where following them. Without asking Sam about it he had her turn the car sharply to the left down a side street without signaling. This obviously scared Sam a little, but William was not worried about that because the car following them did the same thing, they had been following too close. William has not needed this proof, because he had read them minds of the two men in the car. They were "Infected."
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 18 February 2010 3:16:55pm

"What is it?" Sam gasped as she felt her hands maneuvering the steering wheel on their own. She looked up into the rear view mirror. "Oh." she realised. "Great." They made a sudden turn again, and there was no doubt now, they were being followed.

"Dammit, what are we going to do?" Sam said, mostly to to herself. Then she felt her foot press the gas pedal to the floor and the car took off, fast. They were going to try to outrun them.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby FortisUmbra » Friday 26 February 2010 9:58:39pm

William sighed. he had never been in a car chases, or even driven for that matter. he sped the car up and had Sam take another sharp turn. they passed a cop but with barley a conscious thought William made the cop over look them as they sped by. the car behind them had sped up and was still following. "Sam." william said. "I need you to pop a tire or break the engine do something to stop that car."
FortisUmbra
Fully Qualified Wizard

PreviousNext

Return to Other Universes RPG