Next Generation 2

Welcome to our new Harry Potter RPG area. Experienced online role playing game folk and newbies are all equally welcome. Good luck and have fun!

Moderators: Simatra, Q.Araignee, Phoenix in the Ashes, GodrictheGriffon, FawkesthePhoenix

Re: Next Generation 2

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Sunday 20 September 2009 1:22:25am

Valencia jumped, startled. She must have dosed off.... What time was it? Striding quickly out of her office, brushing her hair out of her face impatiently, Valencia stopped the first student she saw and asked the time. But before the startled first year could answer, Valencia overheard some third years talking... NIkolaus was hurt? Valencia whirled around to face the speaker. "What did you say?" she asked sharply. The student repeated the statement. Valencia departed without another word, heading to the Hospital Wing.
Valencia bolted through the Hospital WIng doors, a strange terror flowering in her abdomen. Nikolaus was sitting up in bed, speaking to Gwydion. Valencia strode up to Nikolaus's bed, their fight forgotten, and asked breathlessly, "Nikolaus? Are you alright?"
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby Q.Araignee » Sunday 20 September 2009 4:12:53pm

Gwydion allowed himself a small smile. “Yes, amazing...” Nikolaus was telling a half-truth, which he supposed was better than outright lying to him, but still not enough. He thought back through his years as an Auror and tried to remember if he’d heard about any enchanted reflective surfaces that would make people see delusions. While he thought on that, he continued musing aloud.

“Well, it would certainly take a strong curse to break enchanted glass like that- especially if it was deflected before hitting said glass. Something I have no doubt you’re capable of, though something I suspect Nomare might jump up and down on you for if he knew. And as he has not yet seen you, it means he does not know. And if he does not know, you have found a way around his spying efforts.”

Hmm, an interesting conclusion. One Gwydion had not envisioned before he started speaking, but one that was perfectly logical. The answer to that one would surely be of great interest, but before he could ask about it the sound of hurried footsteps made him pause. He turned in time to see Valencia rush past him and to Nikolaus’ side. He smiled softly and spoke as he turned to leave.

“I will leave you two be. Nikolaus, I may come and talk again later- my offer to speak as I would to Nomare, would he have remembered, will stand until you decide to accept or not. Until then, I think I will amuse myself by observing the Flying lesson currently taking place outside. I’m sure Ms. Riddle will perform admirably.”

He hoped Geneve caught his words and would find a way outside, and not stay to hear the private words between Valencia and Nikolaus. It would not be proper to eavesdrop at such a time.
Q.Araignee
Gryffindor Prefect, Queen of Spiders & PI(E), Maciavellian Thespian Extrodinaire & Guardian Singer of Souls

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Monday 28 September 2009 3:36:02pm

Geneve' s heart lept into her throat and she nearly choked. Gwydion strode past her and she froze as still as death. He did not notice her as he left the room. She stole a look beyond at Nikolaus and Valencia, and decided it would be safe to make a break for the only door leaving the infirmary. She hoped against hope that Gwydion was not still in the hall. She slipped from behind the cabinet and almost wished for the ghostly spell she had used earlier to erase the sound of her steps to come back once more. It did, but this time she felt her lips move to the words of it. She smiled once she was outside of the door, and decided that she would carry a book with her and write down these spells as they revealed themselves.

She looked to the left, and then to the right of her. How was she going to get to her flying lesson before Gwidion? She did not want to be questioned; she was no match for a ministry official. Her lies were pathetic enough.. he would see right through them. She hurried down the first set of stairs she could find, and was grateful that they led all the way down to a door leading outside.

Students were gathering around a large lawn area, and she could not believe her luck. It was her flying lesson! On the ground were several old fashioned brooms, like bunches of twigs tied to a long handle. they were layed out in rows, and soon the other students were standing next to them.

"Take your places!" her teacher shouted. Geneve walked up to one of the brooms and stood as the others did. She held her breath.

"Right! Now, as we did last week, put your hand out, and with a firm voice, say "UP!" the teacher directed. Geneve looked down at the broom as if it were something that might bite her shoes. She put out her hand, cleared her throat and muttered "Up." The broom moved a bit, like an electric current had surged through it. Geneve put her hand down. She stared at the broom now, her mind moving too fast for her to understand. She felt as though she might throw up, so she closed her eyes, bend over and took some deep breaths. When she opened her eyes, she was floating above her broom, about an inch off the ground. As soon as she realised this, she fell to the ground in a heap.

"Get up!" her teacher shouted from a few feet away. "You have already missed two lessons, Ms. Riddle. How do you expect to learn if you don't take this seriously?"

Geneve sighed and knodded. Her teacher had not noticed what had happened. Geneve looked down at the broom and before her mouth even opened it was in her hands. Geneve looked up, pleased that it had worked, and then followed the lead of a few others who had mounted their brooms.

"Now grip it tight, we don't want you falling off the end!" the teacher scowled as she looked at one of the Griffindor students. Geneve followed her eyes and realised she was looking at Liam. Geneve smiled, loving that Liam was finally bad at something.

"Formation! Go!" there was a whistle, and the students took off one by one, flying in formation around the open area. Geneve pushed off the ground and joined them, holding on tightly. She was worried at first, but then she got the hang of it. Before, she had been flown by someone else on a broom, but this time, when she was in control, it was so much more... fun!

The group touched down and everyone held their brooms again. "Not bad for your first flight." a voice hissed out from in front of her. She looked up, and Albus was frowning at her. "I doubt there's anything you can't do, with your background." he said cruelly. Geneve frowned back.

"Jealous much?" Geneve put her hands on her hips and glared at Albus.

"You wish!" Albus laughed, but his voice shook a little.

"Ha! Albus Potter likes Geneve Riddle! Isn't that a funny turn! The Dark Lord's grand daughter and Harry Potter's little boy! Who would hav guessed it! Hahahah!" Scorpius Malfoy blurted out.

"Oh shut up, Scorpius!" Albus shouted. The other Slytherins snickered.

"Look, he really does like her.. his face is all red!" a boy with black hair pointed at Albus.

"Shut it, you lot, right now!" Liam came charging across the line and he stood beside Albus. Albus had indeed gone red, but he seemed more angry now than embarrrassed.

"Or what?" Scorpius scowled at Liam. "YOu'll bat your eyelashes at us? Pretty Vella boy, huh?"

Liam drew his wand. "I'll bat something all right..." Liam muttered, and he was just about to cast a curse when their teacher stepped in.

"LIAM DELACOUR! How DARE you draw your wand in my class!!!! Detention! And 10 points from Gryfindor!!!" she was furious. Liam continued to stare at Scorpius, and then his eyes shifted to Geneve. He stared at her now while he put away his wand.

"Sorry, Professor." he said simply. And Geneve felt her heart nearly crush inside her chest as his eyes drilled into her mind. He broke his stare and rejoined the line. Geneve gasped, realising she had not been breathing for that moment. She breathed deeply now to catch up and she looked over at Liam again. He was adjusting the buttons of his cloak near his throat. He undid the top two, and then looked at her again. Liam stood smuggly on the spot, and Geneve felt her own cheeks go red. He was so arrogant! She allowed her eyes to move back to Albus, who was so dark and angry with her he was staring past her like she wasn't even there. She sighed with relief when the Professor gave them their next instruction.
Ms. Elsewhere
Scholar of all that is Deep and Meaningful

Postby salemboy » Saturday 14 November 2009 12:22:17pm

[Guys, I'm so sorry for not having posted in so long. After this, I'll post in 6W]

Damien had watched the entire debacle from a bench. Malfoys... they would always be a thorn in the side of society. Potter should not have saved Draco's life all those years ago. Of course, then his concious would have been stained forever... Not nearly as much as Damien's was, though.

Geneve, though, was already an excellent flyer. She truly had inherited her grandfather's amazing talent. Luckily, though, she had not inherited his malevolance. No, she lacked the malevolance that had made Voldemort so terrifying all those years ago, and it was apparent, even when she was under his control days ago. Otherwise, she would be dead.

Damien remembered back to when he had first seen Geneve. At that time, she had been under the Dark Lord's control, his mind poisoning hers. He had been called there to investigate the issues going on there, due to reports of a "newly risen Dark Lord." The rumours had turned out to be true, as he had risen again in the body of Geneve. On first sight, Damien had immediately taken the offensive, allowing for his instincts to guide him. Had he not stayed his hand at the last second, had he not seen that she was merely a child trapped by Voldemort... He did not want to think where they would be right now.

The girl was flying again, her natural skill with the broomstick easily apparent. Too bad she was only a first year, she'd be a great quidditch player. "Duh!" he said as he smacked himself in the face. "I'm the head of Slytherin house." He hadn't even checked as to who was on the team. Students would be at his throat if he didn't know the quidditch team's names. He decided that he would check tonight... And bring Geneve along with him, so that he could see how she stacked up against the others. Because, even as he watched her, he could tell that she was probably better than a good majority of students in Slytherin.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Tuesday 17 November 2009 4:42:43pm

Geneve noticed Professor Nomare as she touched down again. She knodded toward him, and he acknowledged her. She felt full of pride and beamed for a moment, pleased that someone who might care had witnessed her success in flying. Then she realised he probably saw that fight. Geneve looked around her and sighed. Was she doomed to have no friends at all? Just as she thought this, her prayers were answered. Two girls approached her. One with very long, blonde curly hair and the other with shoulder length black hair. They were Slytherin girls.
"Hi Geneve. Listen." The blonde girl leaned in to speak to Geneve. "We don't give a hoot about what the Malfoys have decided to spread about you. We know you're the dark lords grand daughter, and he was a great wizard."
"A bit batty, but you get that sometimes! He really messed things up a lot, eh?" The dark haired girl piped in. The blonde girl gave her a dark look and she fell silent.
"So anyway, the thing is, don't think that we are all against you. Just most of the time, we stay out of certain people's way. But should you want to hang out with us," she gestered to a group of kids standing together, "We wouldn't mind. I'm Heather, and this is Jenna. We are in the dorm next to you. Call in, okay?" Heather extended her hand. Geneve stared at it, and then took it.
"Thanks." she said, and the Heather knodded. the turned and walked away, and Geneve could not help but be suspicious.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Wednesday 18 November 2009 12:00:13pm

"Looks like you made some friends," Damien smiled behind Geneve, who jumped in shock and whirled around. "It's good." In the back of his mind, Damien suspected foul play, but hoped that it was more innocent than that. "Anyways, I saw how well you flew today. You're truly a natural." He beamed at her. "Want to go for a ride around Hogwarts?"
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Thursday 19 November 2009 5:33:51am

"Is that allowed? I mean, I've seen some kids doing it, but I.... Yes, I would love to go for a ride!" Geneve found herself getting very excited around Professor Nomare. He seemed to be making everything happen that she had hoped for. First improving her potions techniques, and now flying too. Geneve was thrilled with the idea of having the chance to fly on her own, or at least, out of class.

"Where will we go? What about, over the forest? I would love to see it from the air."
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Thursday 19 November 2009 8:44:44am

Smiling, Damien raised his wand and summoned two broomsticks: His and another one that Geneve could use. The two brooms came zooming towards them, seeming to race eachother to reach Damien and Geneve first. Damien's broom, a Nimbus 2000 flew into his free hand while the other broom, a Nimbus 2001 flew into Geneve's. "Wow," Damien thought. They actually upgraded the brooms at the school. It was still way behind where the current models were, but it was good enough.

Pulling his leg over the broomstick, Damien waited and watched as Geneve did the same. "Are you ready?" he asked her.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Friday 20 November 2009 5:34:24am

Geneve straddled the broomstick and held on tight. "Yes." she breathed, and together they kicked off the ground, rising higher and higher, and then Geneve pushed forward, and the broom took off at incredible speed. Professsor Nomare was already in front of her, so she followed, loose wisps of hair were whiping around her face. She loved the breeze, and the adrenaline. They each made their way over the lake, which from this height was easy to see the cretures that lived in it's depths. Geneve's heart leapt with delight as she noticed the shadow of a mermaid. Soon, they would be going over the forbidden forest.

It was a beautiful clear day, but the forest still had patches of fog here or there, making it all the more misterious. There were clearings and sections where small dwellings were established. Geneve couldn't imagine who might live in them. Geneve felt a tap on her arm, and noticed that Professor Nomare was pointing to something below. Through the trees, something bright white was running, and then it appeared in the clearing. Geneve could actually feel the powerful magic that enchanted all those who gazed upon such a creature, even from such a height. It was a unicorn. Geneve looked back at Professor Nomare with a thankful, excited look, and he knodded with acknowledgment.

But then something caught his eye that changed his mood. His brows furrowed as he changed course, moving lower and further in front. Geneve turned he head and tried to see what he had noticed, but saw nothing. She continued to stay on his path regardless.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Saturday 21 November 2009 2:46:15pm

Damien's heart skipped a beat at what he thought he'd seen. For a moment, merely a moment, he could have sworn he had seen Ouki hanging from a tree, looking directly at Damien. As soon as he had blinked, though, she had dissappeared. Scanning the forest, Damien tried to see her again, but could not.

A loud whinnying cry resounded from over where the Unicorn had gone too. "No!" Damien thought to himself. "They wouldn't!" Speeding up on his broom, Damien went over to the sound where the cry had come from. At the sight, his heart immediately plummeted. Lying in a clearing, it's blood spattered all over the grass, was the Unicorn. It had many, many, slash wounds, and its blood sparkled in the sunlight.

Looking back, Damien saw that Geneve hadn't caught up with him yet. Going backwards, he intercepted her. "Geneve, go get Hagrid, and then go straight to your Dorm," he commanded.
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Saturday 21 November 2009 3:48:25pm

"What's wrong?" Geneve couldn't help but wonder what Professor Nomare had seen. His tone was pressing, and so she raced back to the edge of the forest and touched down outside Hagrids Hut.

Geneve had never had reason to talk to Hargrid that often, and wondered if he would even be there. And for that matter, what would she tell him? And why did Professor Nomare need Hagrid anyway? She imagined the huge man on a broomstick and a smile crossed her face. She composed herself, and knocked.

"Hello?" Geneve called out. She heard movement inside. The door latch unlocked and the door opened fast.

"Who's that? Oh!" The giant looked down at her with his beetle like eyes and his bushy eyebrows furrowed. "What er you doing here?"

Geneve gulped in spite of herself. "Ha... Hagrid... Professor Nomare needs you. We were flying over the forest and something caught his eye. He said to send for you straight away." Geneve watched Hagrid's expression change.

"You don' say... Alright.. um... Let me get my things..." he closed the door, and for a moment Geneve stood and listened to the cluttering around inside. A whole minute passed and Hagrid was back at the door. He moved past Geneve and around the back of the hut, and Geneve felt compelled to follow. Hargid whistled and Geneve was in awe by the creature that walked around the corner so regally in response. Before Geneve could get a good look at it, Hagrid had mounted the thing like a horse. He turned back and looked at her.

"Well? Show me where he is!" Hagrid boomed. Geneve remembered that she was not supposed to return with Hagrid, but she decided she was still not used to doing what she was told. She climbed on her broom and kicked off, and behind her she could hear the call of the creature as it followed after her.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Saturday 21 November 2009 4:11:16pm

Waiting above the forest, Damien scanned around, trying to make out any of the rest of the six. There was no sign of them, only the slaughtered unicorn. An eagle's screech drew his attention. There was Hagrid, riding a hippogriff, being led by... GENEVE. Immediately, Damien flew to intercept them. As soon as he was within earshot, he shot harshly, "I told you to go back to your dorm, Geneve."

The girl looked down, ashamed. Damien continued, "When I tell you to go to your dorm, it means to go to your dorm! Right now, you have a very good risk of being hurt out here. Now go!"
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Sunday 22 November 2009 4:40:09pm

Geneve felt anger building up inside her. How dare he speak to her like that? She shot him the dirtiest look she could muster before turning around. She flew fast and recklessly back, and took a glimse back to see if they were checking. But looking back meant loosing control of her broom, and Geneve flipped and fell. The speed of the fall was so intense Geneve could not even scream. She instead felt herself reaching for her wand in slow motion and drawing on a spell she did not know she knew. The ground recieved her like a soft feather down mattress.

Geneve rolled over and stood up, and looked around. Beyond the clearing, the forest was dark and menacing from all angles. And when she had turned to check on Hagrid and Professor Nomare, they had both turned to continue their own pursuit. Geneve swallowed loudly.
Ms. Elsewhere

Postby salemboy » Sunday 13 June 2010 5:24:55am

"No," Hagrid muttered as the two landed down next to the Unicorn. Up close, the creature looked even worse. A deep gouge drew across its side from the front leg to back, blood seeping from the wound. Glistening, it would have beautiful had it not been for the evil nature of the wound.

Dozens of extra slashes lay across the body of the Unicorn, although none as dreadful as the major gouge. Damien could see the ribs of the creature through the cut. He was almost glad it was dead, so it wouldn't feel the pain.

Then a shudder came from the body of the Unicorn. "Oh my..." Damien said softly. "It's still alive." He couldn't imagine the pain that the creature was going through. Actually... he could. He knew the pain, because of the countless times he'd inflicted it upon humans... the countless times he'd tortured them. Well, no more. Torture... had to end. Even if it meant death. Drawing his wand, he pointed it at the maimed Unicorn.

"Avada keda-" He felt something grasp his hand and wand. Looking up, he saw that it was Hagrid.

"We can save 'er," the half-giant said, looking Damien in the eyes. Damien felt himself nod as he put his wand away. Then he just stared blankly at the dying Unicorn.

Suddenly, what felt like a brick hit him in the back of the head. "Whaddya doin'?" Hagrid asked angrily. "Use one o' ya fancy potions an' save 'er." Jolting back into reality, Damien instinctively reached into his Potions jacket. He'd seen and treated cuts like this before. Pulling out a vial, he inside to see the contents. Contained within was a green, thick gunk akin to foot fungus.

Removing the stopper, Damien coughed as the pungent stench hit his nostrils. Holding his breath, he reached two fingers into the vial and pulled out some of the gunk. Then, he put it directly on the major cut of the Unicorn, spreading it over the cut flesh and revealed bone. The gunk began to gel in with the cut, taking on a dark red color, blending in with the flesh of the Unicorn.

The gunk worked its magic as the bleeding from the wound ceased. After but a few minutes, the gouge had been filled by the gunk and formed a newly made scar. The hair would never grow back where the Unicorn had been cut, but it was alive, and that was good enough.

"Hagrid," Damien said. "Can you carry the Unicorn back by yourself?"

"O course," Hagrid replied. Bending down, the half-giant picked up the Unicorn.

Nodding, Damien began walking away into the forest. "I'll see you back at the castle."

[Finally ran into some spare time, so wrote this out.]
salemboy

Postby Ms. Elsewhere » Wednesday 28 July 2010 5:33:43pm

Geneve kept turning around and around, flinching at every sound. She fumbled for her want and held it out. "Lumos!" she shouted. Behind her, the forest floor cracked. She spun around.

"Who's there?" she asked, her voice shaking. She stared into the trees. It was getting dark. She decided to let her eyes wonder to look for her broom. She did not see it anywhere near her. Then she realised, something was watching her. And they were close. She froze. Her breathing increased. And then, it felt like her heart stopped. She turned around and there, only a few footsteps away, was a wizard dressed in black, a hood over their face. It was eerie, like they didn't have feet. Whoever it was stood terribly still.

Geneve stood stupidly quiet, her wand still extended in lumos. She was shaking. "Hello?" she stammered. "Who.. who are you?" The wizard remained motionless. Geneve was sure she was going to faint.

"Ri... right. Well, I guess I'll be going now..." Geneve started to back away, but fell over a tree root. She lay back on the forest floor, lumos light glowing, shuffling and struggling to get back up. The wizard moved like a ghost and knelt down beside her. Geneve stopped struggling. Something calmed her, and then she saw it. IT was a green mist, coming from a vial in his hand. Human, pale hand. Her eyes rolled into the back of her head and she layed back, entranced.

"You will remember.. nothing." the voice, a sweet voice, a kind voice. She surrendered and tumbled into a dreamless sleep.

Geneve woke up in her bed. she was wearing her night gown and her bed was warm from her sleeping in it for a while. She sat up and looked outside. She tried to pull her thoughts together but could not. She knew she had been out flying with Professor Nomare. But... she had come back. She leaned back on her pillow and sighed. Tom jumped up on her blankets and started to purr.

Geneve reached up to loosen her hair, realising that she had gone to bed in a rush as her hair had not been taken out or washed. She was puzzled. she decided to go to the bathroom and try to gather her thoughts. She gathered up Tom, her towel and her bag of soaps and shampoos, and made her way out into the hall.
Ms. Elsewhere

PreviousNext

Return to Harry Potter RPG Area