One Step at a Time

Are you a budding writer? If you have any ideas for Harry potter plots, share them here. Who knows, JK Rowling may take a look and use your ideas in her next book!

Moderators: DucksRMagical, Phoenix in the Ashes, Un'Anima Persa

One Step at a Time

Postby GryffindorAnimagus » Saturday 24 July 2010 5:41:07am

A/N So this is my first attempt at a HP fan fic. Let me know what you think. I do not own Harry Potter that is all JKR.

Chapter One

Harry woke up confused and disoriented. He could feel something warm pressed up against his side but he was unsure of what it could be. He looked around and could tell that he was in his four poster bed. He sat up slowly and was quickly reminded of the battle from the day before by the pain he was in. Every part of him hurt from the year long marathon that was finally over.

Harry looked down and realized that Ginny was the one that was pressed up against him. She must have crawled into bed with him after he fell asleep. Slowly he reached over and grabbed the Marauders map, making sure not to wake Ginny in the process. He whispered the incantation and the map slowly came into focus. Harry wanted to make sure where everyone was before he put the his plan into action. His first step was to find Ginny but she made that one easy for him because she came to him during the night. The map showed that Ron and Hermione where in Ron’s bed, Percy and George were also in the room as was Seamus and Dean. The rest of the Weasleys were in one of the other Gryffindor rooms and everyone else was in various dorms around the castle. The only exception to this was the aurors who were patrolling the halls to ensure safety.

Harry wiped the map and put it away. He bend down and kissed Ginny softly, first on each of her eyelids and then on her check. Her eyes fluttered open and she gave a smile as harry whispered, “Quietly, I do not want to wake anyone up, will you come with me?” She nodded and took his hand.

Harry led her out of the room and out the portrait hole. The Fat Lady smiled but said nothing. The auror who was patrolling the hall said, “Harry you are up early, where are you headed?” Harry just pulled Ginny along without answering him. Once Harry led Ginny down to the secluded tree by the black lake he sat down.

“Harry, what’s wrong? It’s over now.” Ginny was looking at Harry with concern all over her face. She sat down beside him and waited. After a few minutes Harry spoke. “I am so sorry Ginny. I am sorry for what I did to you. I am sorry for everyone who died in my war. I am sorry that I hurt you and,” Ginny interrupted Harry. She could not let him finish. “This was our war and you are not to blame for any of it. If you did not do anything think how many lives would have been lost. All of us who stood up and fought knew that we could die. We choose to risk ourselves for the ones we loved.” Ginny had to take a deep breath before she could continue. Then she took Harrys face in her hands and put her forehead to his. “As for hurting me, Harry, I was worried for you because I love you so much. In my heart I knew that we never really broke up. I knew that you would have stayed if you could. I love you, Harry James Potter.” With that she gave him a peck on the check.

Harry whispered into Ginny’s ear, ‘I love you more than life itself Ginerva Molly Weasley. You are the reason I kept going when my body wanted to stop. I would and will do anything to keep you safe.”

They kissed, slow at first but building. They kissed to make up for the year they were forced apart from their true other halves. They stretch out under the tree and fell asleep in each other’s arms in the early morning hours.
GryffindorAnimagus
Second Year

Re: One Step at a Time

Postby GryffindorAnimagus » Thursday 29 July 2010 11:42:24pm

Chapter Two

They lay there sleeping for an hour before Ginny woke up. She bent over Harry watching him sleep. She was thinking about how much she loved him and how much she had missed him over the past year. A smile crept across her face before she pressed her lips to Harry’s.

Harry started to grin and then moved so fast that Ginny had no idea how she ended up laying underneath him. Harry was trying not to laugh at the look Ginny was giving him. He propped himself up on his elbows and looked at Ginny. “This is a great way to wake up!”

Ginny giggled and kissed Harry again, slowly at first. Then Ginny deepened the kiss to show Harry the passion she felt for him. Harry responded immediately and let his tongue roam her mouth. Ginny moaned and placed one hand on the small of Harry’s back and the other in his hair that had grown out over the year. Her finger tips searched for the hem of his jumper so she could feel his skin.

Harry was still propped up on one arm but his other found Ginny’s hip and then slowly made tracks up and down her side. Ginny pulled away to breath and Harry moved to kissing Ginny on the neck. He suckled on the spot right below her ear before he whispered. “I love you and want to be with you forever.”

“I love you too!” Ginny moaned. She put her hands on either side of Harry’s face and said “I will always be her for you.” Then she leaned in to capture his lips with her again.

After what felt like hours but were merely a few minutes Harry pulled away again. He looked Ginny in the eyes and got lost in them. He forgot for a moment what he wanted to say to her. Then it came back to him slowly, “Gin, we have to stop. I do not know how much longer I can handle this.” Ginny giggled and Harry sent her an exasperated look before she pulled him into another kiss.
He submitted for a minute before again pulling away. “Ginny,” he whispered, “I want this to be special. I want it to be on the night we get married.” Then he rolled them both onto their sides so they were facing each other. Ginny smiled and nodded her head. She noticed that he said “when we get married” not “if we get married.” That made her smile because he planned on them getting married in the future.

“Harry what are you going to do now that this is all over?”

“I don’t know Gin; I have to spend some time with Kingsley to help with the ministry. He asked me last night and Professor McGonagle asked that we help her get the school rebuilt. She also thinks that Ron, Hermione and I should come back to finish our last year.”

“I agree with her about that. Plus we would be together. I will help with everything you need me too.”

Just then Harry heard footsteps. He pulled Ginny to him and pointed his wand at the form that was coming toward them. It was still too dark to see who it was. Then the figure spoke, “Harry, it’s just me. I wanted to let you know that breakfast is being served and everyone is waiting for you to talk to the group.” Mrs. Weasley finally came into view. Her face lit up when she saw Ginny behind Harry.

Mrs. Weasley knew that Harry would protect her even though Ginny did not think she needed protecting. Mrs. Weasley was a little shocked by the two she found being so close together but then she remembered when Ginny was little...
A seven year old Ginny bond into the master bedroom at the burrow screaming about how she was going to marry Harry Potter and give him a proper family someday. Mrs. Weasley heard this speech at least once a week until Ginny left for school. Then Ginny’s speeches became less and less. Ginny did not believe that Harry would ever notice her and then finally after Harry left last year Ginny again confided in her mom that she loved Harry. Ginny told her about their short lived relationship and worried how she worried about him while he was gone. Mrs. Weasley watched them for the past few minutes and knew that they truly loved each other. Her only concern was for how the men in the Weasley family would take the news and decided not to tell anyone until Ginny was ready.
GryffindorAnimagus
Second Year

Return to Share your own Harry Potter Fan Fiction