Happy 10th Birthday Broomsticks and Owls

Meet everyone here in The Great Hall for general discussions. Here you'll find a friendly place to talk about all things under the magnificent magical ceiling...even stuff not connected with Harry Potter!

Moderators: Nightcrawler, DucksRMagical, Broccoli, Run Away!!!, Phoenix in the Ashes

Happy 10th Birthday Broomsticks and Owls

Postby Paul » Saturday 5 November 2011 8:29:57pm

Twas 10 years ago on a night like today, full of the noises of fireworks in the air on Bonfire night here in the UK when Broomsticks and Owls sparkled into life. Over the years we've had a fabulous group of members, with some excellent discussion, as well as magical RPG'ing, fantastic fan-fiction, and fun and games in the Three Broomsticks amongst much more fun. Our Moderators have been the best I could ever wish for, and my eternal gratitude goes out to them for all they have done in helping the BaO community.

There have been creatures of all kinds in our hallways and Common Rooms, including chickens :chicken: , ducks, turtles and a Great Pirahna Bunny. Oh, and those raining snails too! :medium snail: :fast snail: :slow snail: We've gone through server moves, spammer attacks, rises, falls and rises again in popularity, and although we're a little quiet at the moment, hopefully we will see things active again soon.

Enjoy the party, there's ice cream :ice cream: and popcorn :popcorn: galore, and a band too :drums: . Oh, and lets not forget those singing cats :cat: :cat: :cat: they're gradually sounding better after all those years of miaowing lessons!
Paul
Minister of Magic and Headmaster of Hogwarts

Location: Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, England

Re: Happy 10th Birthday Broomsticks and Owls

Postby Scellanis » Saturday 12 November 2011 6:00:53pm

Wooo! 10 years!! That's impressive! I do miss our Giant Pirahna Bunny, I wonder where its hiding. Should probably be worried something like that is roaming wild... maybe Hagrid has it.
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby salemboy » Friday 18 November 2011 2:43:53pm

Wow... so many great memories. And I've only been here for what? Half of it?
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby Scellanis » Saturday 19 November 2011 4:06:01pm

I've been here for most of it...wow! I only joined less than a year after Paul
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby GodrictheGriffon » Wednesday 21 December 2011 4:16:36am

Wow. Our little BaO is over a decade old. The Big 1-0. Happy birthday everyone! :happy birthday: And a big old thank you to Paul for creating this lovely place! :blowkiss:
GodrictheGriffon
Unspeakable and Princess of Polar Bears

Location: Beside the veil, waiting for Sirius.... And Midnight! I wonder how long your location can be?....

Return to The Great Hall