Iluvatar is searching for Waddle. Please help

Discuss problems and help others. A place for your concerns or worries. Serious discussions only please.

Moderators: Asphodel, Broccoli

Iluvatar is searching for Waddle. Please help

Postby Iluvatar » Wednesday 12 November 2003 2:34:33pm

While I was in Greece this summer, my backpack was stolen along with everything it contained including my favorite Beany Baby Waddle the Penguin. I am now desperately looking for another Waddle but they do not sell these in my country. I know this may sound childish but Waddle was the only stuffed animal I was really attached to. Waddle was given to me 8 years ago and losing him was very hard for me and still is. I ask help from anyone that knows where I can get a Waddle the Penguin Beanie Baby, who collects Beanie Babies or even knows someone who collects Beanie Babies.
A very sad Iluvatar Allmighty Ruler of Ea :cry:
Iluvatar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Violet » Wednesday 12 November 2003 6:00:11pm

well i looked on google and this is what came up
http://www.ioffer.com/i/Waddle-Penguin- ... by-1887890
i think you should be able to buy it off there.
hope that helps?
Violet
Serpentine Princess

Postby Liquid Ice » Thursday 13 November 2003 9:06:36am

Poor iluvator! I know what you mean about getting attached to toys. I think your best bet is to try google though, good luck :err:
Liquid Ice
Eskimo Princess and Elite Auror

Postby pinky p » Thursday 13 November 2003 10:24:37pm

poor illuvatar! :cry:

you could try ebay... i bet they have one being auctioned off there
pinky p
Supreme Pie-Eater, Registered Animagus (Platypus) and Princess of All Pink Grapefruit

Location: either swimming, sleeping, eating, or doing schoolwork... my life these days

Postby smokey » Friday 14 November 2003 10:14:18pm

hi iluvatar,
hey what of bs are you trying to pull on me huh, you do you think you are
You think i didnt get your lttle trick of you getting girls to talk to you and fall for it
Just joking
Come on chear up you will find another pinguin
your dear friend
Smokey the Smoked
smokey
Second Year

Postby Iluvatar » Monday 17 November 2003 4:28:34pm

OOOOOOOH
Iluvatar is very angry now :evil:
How dare you acuse me of such a crime Smokey (Heehee)

Now on a more serious note. I have the feeling that it will be somewhat difficult to get another Waddle. The one on Violet High's link is being auctioned and I don't know how to participte. I tried to contact the guy who is selling but I can reach him.

By the way, it seems that I will not be able to replace my other penguin. They do not make that item anymore. (Sniff)

Iluvatar Allmighty Ruler of Ea
Iluvatar
Fully Qualified Wizard

Postby Mint » Monday 17 November 2003 5:31:42pm

:( Well, definitely keep checking Ebay. However if they stopped making him - Im afraid that the price will be quite steep. May be u can try finding something that resembles him...
Mint
Slytherin Prefect, Hogwarts Librarian and Milady of the Night

Location: Chasing evil duck commander Choki >:( on a chocobo!!!

Postby Scellanis » Monday 17 November 2003 11:33:18pm

Actually, the link posted isn't an auction.....

what you would have to do is register with the website, then you can make an offer on the item and hope that the person accepts...

but you will need to be able to use one of these payment methods: METHODS ACCEPTED: Personal Check, Money Order, Visa, PayPal, MasterCard
International Bidders: Payment must be in US currency.

well anyway...

try reading the FAQ

http://www.ioffer.com/help/help.jsp

How can I buy an item?
In general, you can buy an item either (1) at the Buy It price (if the seller has listed one) or (2) by negotiating with the seller.

(back to top)

How does the negotiation process work?
Once you have found an item you want, you can make the seller an offer by filling out the simple form at the bottom of the item’s page. We will notify the seller about your offer via email. The seller can (1) accept your offer, (2) make you a counter-offer or (3) decline your offer.

If the seller accepts the your offer, the deal is closed and the item is yours! Keep in mind that you are now legally obligated to buy the item from the seller at the price you offered.

If the seller makes you a counter-offer, you will be notified and now you can (1) accept the seller’s offer, (2) make the seller a counter-offer or (3) decline the seller’s offer. Keep in mind that you will be legally obligated to buy the item at the counter-offer price if it is accepted by the seller.

Of course you can always decline the seller’s counter-offer and end the negotiations.

that looks quite a good system....I haven't seen the website before but it looks similar to the market place on amazon and I have used that and it was very good....

that seller looks reasonable too....if you look below the box of details about payment and shipping it mentions:
BID WITH CONFIDENCE
Read my policies on my SquareTrade Seal

Oh well, up to you whether you buy or not.....
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Return to St Mungo's