Broomsticks And Owls

Harry Potter Forum

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tuesday 6 April 2004 9:15:36pm 
Lord of the Aliens, Crazyness, Candles and Smiles, and a Proud Hufflepuff

Quote:
I hope so.....Maybe they misplaced yours and you'll get one at the same time as I and we'll go to school togheter That would be soooooo cool!

Thank you, you gave me hope :angel: That'd be really great! I'm looking forward to hearing classes with you :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wednesday 7 April 2004 11:21:41am 
Fully Qualified Wizard

I wish life was a one big adventure, a fairy tale with happy ending... well, it's not, Harry's world is not perfect either but I hope the 7th book ends like in the fairy tale (partly at least :cry: ).

Seraphine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wednesday 14 April 2004 11:03:23pm 
Third Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Here it goes my opinion (and apologise if I'm repeating what the others already said :( )

I think that HP, in general, is a great "recipe" to success, from the beginning... :) In the modern society, what do we all want (young and old people) ? That's easy: simply a way of getting out of that routine. And a book that is related with fantasy, and with our deepest desires (who wouldn't like to have magical powers?!), is a great way of doing that. Besides, people don't want to think much - that's a fact (no offense) - because they get home, in the end of the day, tired from their works, from the endless traffic, and so on. They want something that has the power of "transport" them to another world, and that allows them to "fly". Magic is just the perfect way, because it makes part of almost every culture's folklore.
On the other hand, it's very easy to imagine places like Hogwarts or the Platform 9 3/4, because they "exist" associated with real places, that are just so real that they are located in one of the capitals of the world (at least one of this exemples is)!
And we have still the fact that those are "normal" people, with problems, just like all of us. That allows the readers to forget their problems for a few moments, and to concentrate on the ones of the characters.
In addiction to all this, we also have what I like to call of "model characters", just like Ron or Neville. Ron is the tipical character, who makes us laugh a bit during the reading. And Neville is the kid who is absent-minded, keeps loosing his personnal things, and he isn't very good in anything: he's the kid with whom everyone is always joking about.

I hope the text is not too confused... :razz:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thursday 15 April 2004 1:09:41am 
Seventh Year

I first heard about HP when we were doing a train shop feature ( i used to work for a tiny TV station) and they had a picture of the Hogwarts Express.
I was convinced they were books written for children, and being 22 I was far too old. Until my friend who was 31 said 'you have to read these books'
I picked up PS and I'd read it in four hours. I was completely hooked but as it was 3.00am there wasn't much I could do about it. The following day I got CoS and PoA I read them both in one sitting. I had never been so absorbed in something in my whole life. Once I read GoF I was officially a Harry fan. When OotP came out I'd pre-ordered my copy from the internet and had it delivered at 7.20am, I sat up and read it until I'd finished (admittedly with a massive hangover!)
Since then I have read the books more times than I could mention, and can pick up any of the books at any chapter and start reading.
Bring on book 6!!!!!!!!!
:jump:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Monday 26 April 2004 7:59:51am 
Fully Qualified Wizard

the series are just so intersting! and you feel for the characters too, so you're interested in what happens to them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Monday 3 May 2004 8:10:48pm 
Muggle

I think it's the creation of Hogwarts & the wizarding world & the way this coincides with our (Muggle) world which makes them so good! :) JK Rowling eescribes a world alongside our own, not separate from it, which makes the books more believable. And I love all the little details! :D

PostPosted: Saturday 8 October 2011 9:07:53am 
Muggle

Everything.I was just re-reading Harry Potter & the Half-Blood Prince and i see how creative J.K Rowling is.The characters, the setting, the plot all seems so real even though it's fantasy.
It makes you live the moments.I Love it.

***Removed link as it is unrelated spam***

Last edited by Scellanis on Sunday 9 October 2011 2:37:44pm, edited 1 time in total.