Introductions and FAQ's

A place for the new folks. If you've just joined, or spotted a new member, why not say hello here.

Moderators: Scellanis, DucksRMagical

Re: Introductions and FAQ's

Postby salemboy » Saturday 18 December 2010 2:31:07pm

Vampire Outlaw, nice to have you in our midsts. Sadly, we are in sort of a slump. Life is catching up with us, and it's not letting go very nicely. However, there are still those such as paul, Fawkes, and me who check regularly and see what's up. Hopefully, we can eventually get back in gear.

As for your fan fiction and Roleplaying, it's nice to have yet another. I personally joined this website multiple years ago in order to do more RP's. And believe you me, we have some of the finest writers in Harry Potter fan-dom. If you get the chance, take a look at Next Generation 1 and 2, along with the Six Wizards. I think you'll enjoy them.

But, welcome to Broomsticks and Owls. Can't wait to see what you put on the table. I'll see you around.
salemboy
Supreme Commander of Wizarding Monkeys

Postby VampireOutlaw » Saturday 18 December 2010 7:27:51pm

Ahhh, nooo...! :eek: Well, we all go through the anti-active eras in fandoms and good to know at least a few are still regularly checking in. I'll try catching new members by advertising this forum in potential places. :P

And thank you. :) And I'll check those out. ^^
VampireOutlaw
First Year Student in Witchcraft and Wizardry

Postby Scellanis » Monday 20 December 2010 12:04:10am

Ooo welcome, as you will notice the admins have to activate new members here because we had a huge problem with spammers signing up so if you do refer anyone and you know what username they are going to use please do send me a PM so I know to get that one activated.
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Postby FawkesthePhoenix » Wednesday 19 January 2011 12:54:52am

Welcome to BaO, VampireOutlaw! It's lovely seeing a new face around the forums! (figuratively, of course. :grin: ) Hope you enjoy your time here! :welcome:
FawkesthePhoenix
President of the Penguins

Location: No idea, all I know is that there are a LOT of felt-tipped pens...

Postby Scellanis » Friday 26 August 2011 6:27:04pm

Come on new people! Don't be afraid to post. Your posts will not immediately appear, I do have to check the 1st 8. We decided it was better to have your posts moderated to begin with than to risk missing you in the floods of spam bots. I am checking the forum daily as much as possible, your posts will appear quickly.

After 8 your posts will appear instantly and then, after 25 you can ask the Sorting Hat to sort you and gain access to one of our common rooms. I think he is a bit dusty though, I'm going to have to get my allergy tablets and venture into the Headmaster's office if you make it that far... *aaaaaachooo!* Deary me, sneezing just thinking about it!

You can also take part in our RPG section, or for more chickens and less rules you can join us in Zonko's Joke shop.

We also have wizards chess http://www.broomsticksandowls.com/games/chess/login.php
Scellanis
Hufflepuff Prefect

Location: Pretending to be a sea slug with 'go faster' stripes...

Previous

Return to New Members Welcome Forum